What great news you bring

thank you

so now which venue will you be attending

New York or Toronto?

There may be too many fans and Greeks from the New York area

going to Radio City

so I will wait for a closer location

:music:

Hristaki, so far two dates confirmed for NA Tour..

March 28th New York(Radio city music hall)

March 29th Miami Florida

No other dates confirmes as of yet...Look for Boston ,Chicago,Atlantic City,Toronto,Montreal,Atlanta,California.....He would go to almost any city as long as someone is willing to promote the show and put up the money to do it....

:D

Hristaki

Both Chicago and Toronto sound very good to me and not too far to travel. Looking forward to meeting the group.

In fact coming to the Motor City would be even better. But nothing to do then afterwards, :D

so better make it your town instead.

Now does that mean we should all get tickets to sit with one another accordingly or will we be Scattered apart in the theartre like we are here in the club

:rolleyes:

Imagine me sitting in the balcony and you in front row

My goodness gracious

What in the world will we talk about afterwards??

Hmm :D

Lets see, Ohh Yeah

How was your VIEW

Awesome!! you'd say,

and then the acoustics

well not as good as they are down in back, I mean Up Front!

:lol:

LOLS

well now something to ponder about until then

Etsi bravo

Thanks a lot, Hristaki. Very informative, but hopeless. Except big cities like Toronto and Montreal where there is a big Greek population, he would never go to other cities, i.e. NOBODY knows him - how even to promote him? But anyhow, I truly appreciate your HELP!!!

Melissa :(:D:music:

I don't know about Canada, really, but in a small town in France, there would be a lot of people to come and listen to him. I can remember a Farantouri concert in one of those forgotten towns in Northern France. Quite a lot of people had to remain outside...

Hristaki,

a very close friend of mine (see my pic for more info) came to see me play the other night and brung some GREAT NEWS indeed!!

:)

Both Dalaras & Marinella are coming to Detroit on April 2nd. Darn thats a Wednesday night. Ohh well I'll take it better then nothing.

Now the draw back.

The guy bringing him has brung Mitsias here not too long ago maybe 6-9 months ago here in my hometown and had hosted the venue at a local Greek Pub.

He is thinking in the bringing the Two big Giants to the very same Taverna for their Concert.

Other then myself being quite mad about this

Can you honestly picture Dalaras & Marinella singing in a small venue like this which is really nothing more then an upscale restaurant that hosts a bar (Big Deal) after they've both sung so many times already at the Megaron in Greece and at the Pallidium in London??

I should think not,.

But then I don't have the funds to bring them at a top Acoustical Grand Theatre Auditorium either,

:pity:

Still though, nevertheless I am happy they are coming and like I said up above betther then nothing.

now it's a matter of getting the right ticket and seats in time unless other

:wow::music: things prevail in preventing me from attending

Yes, the 2nd of April 2003 Marinella / Dalaras will perform at Detroit, Ford Community and Performing Art Center

and the date for Boston changed to the 10th of April!

Anna, thats simply amazing how quickly you found out for us where Dalaras is performing at near my hometown.

In fact I just recently found out myself a few days ago from a close source and up to this point I thought it was still considered to be classified information.

Tell me how did you get whim of this Info so fast and from whom?

:razz:

Hristaki

Great to see you post again.

Welcome back File,

Man thats one awesome poster!

I don't suppose you've got anymore you send my way do you?

talk to you soon

ETSI Nai,

:mad:

Well some good news and bad news to bring I'm afraid

First I'll share some good news with everyone. To those in North America primarily. As I was doing a seach for the tour in the website from Ticketmaster, most of the shows Dalaras & Marinella are reasonable prices compared to those of other Greek Concerts that come to tour here in North America.

And they are generally the same prices for each city.

Starting at about $50.00 to as a $100.00

In fact, even In Canada where the dollar their is a little less then the US dollar the prices were similar. Starting at $50.00 and as high as $120.00

Not bad especially for the two giant performers one gets to see in a lifetime.

:(

So whats the bad news you ask and how can it possibly be bad?

Well the sponsors bringing them here to Detroit are hosting a fundraiser to raise money for WSU Greek students club.

And their not being sold at the Box office, nor are they are being sold through Tickemaster as they've have set there own prices for the show.

But only through a private vendor,.

With that said, they have set the lowest price at $100.00 per person and

the good seats at $200.00 per person

:razz:

I think thats Bloody wrong and they shouldn't be doing that!

How can they Justify themselves and get away with charging so much when all the other shows don't even cost that high??

How can they possibly get students and families to attend this event and make this a sellout Concert when the the price is too high??

:music::(

If someone wants to raise money and give to Charitable Contribution to the students at WSU, let them write a check and mail it in!!!!!

Or have a donations box outside the venue to give in donations before and after the show, But don't raise the price of admission because your only keeping away others who want to go and now consequently can't afford too.

Hristaki, Sarantiis any Suggestions

Ohh and incidentally one more thing.

My friend and I had volunteered our services (to help transport the musicians and of course Dalaras to bring them back and forth to their hotel, shopping and other lodging accommodations) to the promoters bringing them here to Detroit as we thought they might need some help.

Plus it would be our way to meet them and get our foot in the door sort of speak for backstage passes of course I'm implying here.

Ha - Listen to this, they said oh thats ok, "Den Einai Anagi, Afou Exoume tous Mathites apo to Panepastimio na mas Voi'thoisoun." Oriste mas, Kur'ies kai Kurie. Nai etsi Akous!

:razz::D

Sure they will take all the students to help out and probably pay nothing or relatively nothing and everyone else who wants to go and help out as to pay Top Billing.

Not at all pleased to say the least.

$100.00 I would have paid for a good seat and for a good cause but not to sit way in the back or far end corner. And $200.00 well I'll have to think about it. As I won't be able to afford to bring anyone else with me for that kind of money.

Thanks to Apostolis, here is the complete list of the dates or the North American Tour.

3/28/2003 New York, NY Radio City Music Hall

3/30/2003 Ft. Lauderdale, FL Pompano Beach Amphitheatre

4/2/2003 Detroit, MI Ford Community & Performing Arts Center

4/5/2003 Atlantic City, NJ Taj Mahal Arena

4/6/2003 Chicago, IL Arie Crown Theatre

4/10/2003 Boston, MA Orpheum Theater

4/12/2003 Toronto, Canada Thompson Hall

4/13/2003 Montreal, Canada Plas Des Arts

My Webpage

globe entairtenment

ΜΑΡΙΝΕΛΛΑ - ΝΤΑΛΑΡΑΣ

ΜΑΖΙ ΣΕ ΗΠΑ ΚΑΙ ΚΑΝΑΔΑ

Στις 28 Μαρτίου ο Γιώργος Νταλάρασ και η Μαρινέλλα ξακινούν ένα μουσικό ταξίδι στην Αμερική. Με αφετηρία τη Νέα Υόρκη και τεευταίο σταθμό το Μόντρεαλ, οκτώ πόλεις της Αμερικής και του Κναδά θα φιοξενήσουν συνολικά τις συναυλίες που θα δώσουν οι δυο δημοφιλείς καλλιτέχνες με τους εξαίρετους συνεργάτες τους.

Η ελληνική μουσική θα ηχήσει σε μερικά από τα πιο σημαντικά θέατρα και οι χιλιάδες φίλοι που έχει αποκτήσει ο Γιώργος Νταλάρασ όλα αυτά τα χρόνια - είναι άλλωστε η τέταρτη περιοδεία του στην Αμερική - περιμένουν με μεγάλο ενδιαφέρον τις εμφανίσεις του, όπως επίσης και τις εμφανίσεις της μεγάλης Μαρινέλλας. Αξίζει να σημειώσουμε ότι όλες οι συναυλίες του είναι από τώρα sold out.

Το πρόγραμμα κάθε συναυλίας θα διαρκεί τρεις ώρες και ο Γιώργος Νταλάρας θα ερμηνεύσει όλες τις γνωστές του επιτυχίες, αλλά και πολλά τραγούδια μαζί με τη Μαρινέλλα, όπως τα παρουσίασαν στο Μέγαρο Μουσικής. Μάλιστα, στο πρόγραμμά του ο Γιώργος Νταλάρασ έχει συμπεριλάβει και πολλά γνωστά λάτιν τραγούδια. Πρέπει να σημειωθεί ότι στις 17 Μαρτίου στο ξενοδοχείο "Μαγάλη Βρατανία" θα παρουσιαστεί και το cd με την ηχογραφημένη συναυλία Μαρινέλλας - Νταλάρα στο Μέγαρο Μουσικής.

ΠΡΟΓΡΑΜΜΑ

Αναλυτικά το πρόγραμμα των συναυλιών του έχει ως εξής:

28/3 Νέα Υόρκη

30/3 Φλώριδα

2/4 Ντιτρόιτ

5/4 Ατλάντικ Σίτι

6/4 Σικάγο

10/4 Βοστόνη

12/4 Τορόντο

13/4 Μόντρεαλ

Αμέσως μετά μαζί με τη Μαρινέλλα θα δώσουν τρεις συναυλίες στην Κύπρο από τις 18 Απριλίου.

Όμως ο Γιώργος Νταλάρας, στο πλαίσιο της Πολιτιστικής Ολυμπιάδας, θα δώσει μια μουσική παράσταση στις 20 Μαϊου στην περίφημη Μετροπολιταν Όπερα της Νέας Υόρκης, την οποία θα σκηνοθετήσει ο Κώστας Γαβράς. Η ίδια παράσταση θα παιχθεί μέσα στο καλοκαίρι στο Ηρώδειο και το Θέατρο Γης της Θεσσαλονίκης.

Γ. Φ.

Εφημερίδα "Έθνος"

8/03/2003

post-2-1047333453.jpg

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0