nikolas

Dalaras Unofficial Website

62 posts in this topic

this is not true. Since one week they announce the 3 concerts Marinella / Dalaras are doing now on Cyprus.

I don't think Nikolas had to go to the army in a hurry. There were at least 5 minutes left just to write a short note at 'latest news', something like: Sorry, but I'm away for some months. No chance to update the topic 'latest news', for more information have a look at the community.

This would be very useful for visitors who come to this website the first time.....

Anna, check out the "english" version of the official website!

It still plugs the Zygos (January) appearances!

So, my facts were correct! (There was NO mention on this version... of the N.A. Tour... for all the English speaking fans to learn of it!!)

Anna! you are being unreasonable now, to Nikolas!!

He has many more things to worry about... than to update the "latest news" thread!

When he has the time... he will!!

And as you yourself stated: if you really want to find out all the latest news... the members will keep you up-dated on that!

Hristaki

P.S. You seem to know EVERYTHING about Dalaras and his schedule... so why worry... if Nikolas "latest news" is outdated!!

Anna, check out the "english" version of the official website!

Ach Hristaki, now I did! Sorry, but I'm not used to use the English version! This one is always a bit late.

:)

Anyway they are wrong as there were only two concerts in Cyprus, in fact originally it was only one and then they added the second one!!!!!!

Ach Hristaki, now I did! Sorry, but I'm not used to use the English version! This one is always a bit late.

:)

Someone changed my post. My last sentence, the question to Astron / Pavlos: How did you manage to delete your post, has been deleted. Without telling me, without asking me.

But of course I'm not able to prove this.

I write this just to explain why I'm not going on with my posts on this website anymore.

...and maybe this post is gone tomorrow, maybe earlier.

Anna, I personally deleted all the irrelevant posts in this topic, including all the posts referring to Pavlos deleting his post (which I did of course and not he). As your post was not irrelevant, I found suitable to remove the part that was referring to something that wasn't in place anymore (the discussion about Pavlos deleting his post) in order to make your post sound sensible. Otherwise, there would be a post asking about something that the others would not understand what it is about.

I could not find the time to let you know, I thought you would agree, but next time I will not edit posts in such a way (I have done it again for others, just to let you know).

As for your remarks about the announcements topic, the fact (obvious) that it is not up to date doesn't make it useless. It has a purpose and for this purpose I will keep it there.

Finally, I knew that I would go to the army for much longer than 5 minutes. If you expected me to know how it will be and what facilities I will have in order to know in advance if I will be able to update the site or not, then you were probably wrong or maybe it is that you didn't serve this army. So, I would not spend 5 valuable minutes to say something that might very well be wrong.

Finally, maybe we should not forget that while this effort (the site) does not actually seek excuses and aims to be at a high level, it is made in (and only) spare time and this spare time is much less than it used to be, not only because of the army but because there are other (obvious according to me) reasons and also, the remaining spare time is there to accomodate not only the management of this site but other hobbies and activities as well. If you find these illogical, then indeed this site is ridiculous because it announces a concert held months ago. But this is the way it can happen at the moment.

I think Anna was trying to make a constructive suggestion. Im sure I speak for all forum members when I say that this site is quite magnificant. Ill never forget the jaw-dropping moment when I finally managed to access Greek fonts and realised just how much information there was here - and subsequently just what an extraordinary level of accuracy Nikolas had managed to maintain.

I hadnt really thought about it until Anna mentioned it, but it does seem a pity if one of the first impressions now given (quite intentionally of course) by the forum is inconsistent with the incredibly high standards that the site has achieved. We all owe Nikolas a huge debt of gratitude, and understand that its difficult for him to devote as much time to the site now hes in the army apart from the fact that he also has a life to lead. Since its clear that many people would like to help with the site in any way possible, I wonder if it would be worth considering, Nikola, whether a few people who have the best access to information about future concerts or CD releases could be asked to help maintain the latest news section for as long as its difficult for you to do it.

I wonder if it would be worth considering, Nikola, whether a few people who have the best access to information about future concerts or CD releases could be asked to help maintain the latest news section for as long as its difficult for you to do it.

But, Kate, isn't already happening? I don't understand,why we should make such a great matter with the fact that the thread "Latest News" is not up-to-date, when at the same time in the thread: "Upcoming concerts and releases" we can get all or almost all the current information about concerts or releases we might need!

And besides, the distinct characteristic of this site is that it's not a "professional"-"official" work! Of course it is professional (don't misunderstand me Nikola :)) in the meaning that it has a really good performance and functionality, but in the field of keeping it up-to-date with the newest information about concerts and cds being released, it's more up to the visitors-members of the "community" to do it, than up to the administrator, in my opinion! I might be wrong, but this is the notion I have about the way this site works.

And I think there should be some more understanding between us and not judge so strictly ! Let's not forget how this all started, afterall... :razz:

Eleni

I'm sorry if my suggestion in any way seemed to be critical or judgemental. That certainly wasn't my intention and I would be very unhappy if anyone thought that it was. The only judgement I would ever make about this site is that I think it's one of the best I've ever encountered, both in terms of the quality and quantity of information and it's accessibility. In fact I entirely agree with you that it's up to the members to keep the information up-to-date. All I was suggesting was a possible way in which members could help by taking on this responsibility in the 'latest news' topic.

Anna,

, I found suitable to remove the part that was referring to something

I could not find the time to let you know,

I'm quoting this.......just to make clear what's my problem!

I'm not worring about how and in which way my posts are commented.

But I don't like what Nikolas did to my post, without asking...!!

I thought I did a lot of useful post in this forum (although sometimes it was very hard to go on against some 'shit' posted here). But, till the end I tried to held against.

And now this thank you.

Can't we all just TRY not to take offence at everything that can possibly be read as critizism, whether by accident or bad formulations? Just take it a little easy and make some private investigations before we start spilling guts and gall all over the place?

We should have learned by now.