Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lynne Kleanthous

Cyprus Concert

9 posts in this topic

Sorry it's a bit late.

I'm not really very good at writing these reports, as I can never remember song titles, but this concert was the same as London in Dec and presumably the same as Paris on 16th, so I will not list the songs.

Thankfully there were no speechs this time and just music, wonderful music. From the beginning I realised that Giorgos had a problem with his voice. He must have had a cold although I am sure that most people would have been unaware as he still sang superbly. He was drinking a lot especially in the second half which I haven't noticed before, and the low notes seemed to be a problem not the high ones they were ok. In fact his voice was quite husky (very sexy - no complaints here :mad::rolleyes: ).

He started with the songs for Cyprus and when he sang "Η δικη μου η πατριδα" he said afterwards that the song was both truth and lie as it was impossible for a partida to be in two parts. He was as usual at his happiest when playing an instrument. My cousin who has never seen him with an orchestra remarked that he seemed uncomfortable and nervous and I told her that once he picked up his guitar that would all change and it did. :D He continued with his usual songs that he sings with orchestras - Aspro Peristeri, Theos an einai etc.

Deborah Myers come on and started to sing but her mic didn't work and in the end after a couple of minutes she had to use Giorgos's mic and she said "this must be a lucky mic to use". She was very good and sung four songs to end the first half.

In the second half at one point when they just about to start a song a mobile phone rang (they even tell people to turn them off and they don't - I cannot understand this mentality at all :mad::mad: ) he said another tone! but he didn't seem too upset and everyone laughed. He sang two songs with Deborah Myers but I felt that he didn't want to do many encores as his voice was suffering, but he came back and sang "Kαρτερουμεν" finally to a tremendous applause even though he let the audience do a lot of the singing.

He seemed to be tired but as always gave a wonderful show and everyone loved him. He chatted here and there and made a comment about us all being in the EU now and in fact the orchestra, which is made up of numerous nationalities, is already in the EU.

For the me the best moments are when he plays, looking at his face that lights up with so much pleasure when he looks at his guitar etc. It wasn't the best concert that I have seen but I enjoyed it as always - his voice is so magical :D:razz::razz::music:

Hope everyone enjoys Paris as much, and then he has a rest as I think he deserves one. :):):)

In all the excitement over Paris I forgot to mention.

Thank you very much, Lynne, for your report. I think you were the only one of us who was there. So thanks for reporting for us.

Micki

In all the excitement over Paris I forgot to mention.

Thank you very much, Lynne, for your report. I think you were the only one of us who was there. So thanks for reporting for us.

Micki

Thank you Lynne for taking the time to write a report !

It's so good to have more details.

We, in Paris, had to do without Karteroumen but we were lucky not to hear mobile phones ringing :)

Κάπου το χω ξαναδεί αυτό το άρθρο  

:)

I even have the impression that I have seen an english translation somewhere......... :) but where ? :)

Astron,

Συγχαρητήρια !!!! Επρεπε να το είχα φανταστεί τέτοιο άρθρο μόνο κάποιος απο εδω μέσα θα μπορούσε να το έχει γράψει!!!! :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0