Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geske

October Tour

8 posts in this topic

I'm reading this post and the other one about Frankfurt. To everyone who's going, have fun, have a nice time, Geeske, and all other bookworms, read and read and read !!

And of course come back with a full story !!

I also read today in a site about Greek music that Dalaras will perform in Amsterdam, the 26th October, at the Crossing Boarder Festival. The website is : www.skopos.be. It's a Belgian website with all kinds of happening concerning Greek music, exhibitions, etc. I think it is in Dutch only but I am glad to be of any help if it gets too difficult and I'm sure the other Dutch speaking people will too.

Have fun and people ... it hasn't rained (yet) today, I'm happy !

Micki

Geeske,

Thanks for the tip. I wish I could !! Really.

I have a problem of getting into the site, when I want to watch the program, there doesn't appear a program. And I cannot click anymore to go further.

I just wanted to know if Dalaras is coming the 27th October.

Did you know about "To ochi", the 28th October? It started in Kalavryta (If I do remember well in 1943), near Patra, a very nice place, which I visited last year. An other thing on 28th October happened, my parents got married than, now almost 51 years ago. So last year we had a nice huge party to celebrate their 50th.

Micki

No idea in fact about the european tour but Micki, Kalavrita is indeed a nice place but not where the "OCHI" took place and not in 1943..."OCHI" is supposed to have taken place in the house of the Greek PM in the early morning of the 28th of October, 1940. It was the start of a defensive war which let to an attacking one against Italy. Kalavrita on the contrary, was the place (nearly, close to it anyway) where the revolution against Turks began on the 25th March of 1821.

:mad:

Mixed up some things, I remember having seen a monument for the victims of an attack in 1943 in Kalavytra. It is a beautiful monument.

Of course you are right.

Before I say anymore, I'll read first my travel-report and check if it's right.

Micki

We are not taught modern history in the school but I think that in 1943 the Germans executed many people in Kalavrita, that must be the monument for. It was a massive execution. Not a batlle or something. Just an execution...

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0