Eva

Dalaras sings Tsitsani

32 posts in this topic

Hello!

I am new to this list and excited that I have finally found it!

For those of you living in Greece, Dalaras will be at Katrakeio theatre in Nikea on Sept.12th with a tribute to Vasili Tsitsani. The ticket costs 6000 grd and can be purchased from the town hall of Nikea as well as from Metropolis. All money will be given to Hatzikiriakeio Orpganage Home... See you there!

Very interesting...the same night Olympiakos Piraeus (close to Nikea) plays against Manchester United...In England, I think they will show the game on TV and not the concert...so...

Nikolas,  don't tell me that you prefer football to Dalaras, UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!

Wish I could get there but impossible, to much work - boring! (also bit expensive the flight!!!

Next time

Eva, do you know more about this concert? Is it maybe the same performance as they did at Megaron Mousikis in Athens this February?

Anna

You must have read my mind,

for believe it or not concidence

I too was going to ask the same question.

Nikolas if your attending you will be able to answer this for us.

Olympiakos & Paok play all the time, one can always catch their games one night of the week.

But how often can you catch Dalaras in concert especially on tribute concerts?

Certainly not enought here in North America.

So far away and very little oppotunity I'm afraid.

BTW, NIkolas do you prefer Basketball more then Soccer?  I'm a big Soccer fan yet Basketball is more popular here in the states then Soccer.

Eva...first, I am not a man, I am a boy...ha ha! Second, I don't have a chance, I will not be in Athens or close to Athens, so the only way is TV. And I said that on TV they will show Olympiakos vs Manchester and probably not Dalaras. That is why I do not have a chance...and I will watch the game which is also very interesting.

Christo, both! I love them both, although lately I prefer football a bit more...

Hi, all!

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I was on a short vacation!

As far as I know the tribute is the same perfornance thay did at Megaro (save the dancers is my prayer!!)...

The good news is that I have an invitation and won't pay if I attent, the BAD news being I might not be able to attent afterall... ***sniff, sniff***... problems with the scedule of work, but I *will* do my best... Hey, I can always quit my job, right? ;-)

It is on the news right now (ALPHA Channel)... Laliotis said so too..lol!!!

So be there or be square!

And one more thing! I work at Virgin Megastores and we don't always have all the tickets advertised we do! Better call the Town Hall, Xristina!

I worked out the problems at work and I'll be there!! :))

Eva they said tonight in MEGA channel that it will be next Tuesday (11th not Wednesday the 12th).

Which one is correct?What does your invitation say?I am in Karditsa now because I attend the University here,but I was thinking to come in Athens for the concert.

Would you be kind enough to give the exact details once more please?I'll have to come in Athens earlier in order to buy the ticket from Metropolis in Omonoia so...

You can reply in e-mail if it suits you (kompikos@vet.uth.gr) but please answer!Anybody! :upset:

(Edited by Kostas at 3:16 am on Sep. 7, 2001)

Once again sorry for the delay!

Yes Kostas you are right, that's what I wanted to say when I came here today!

The date has changed... It is on Tuesday, September 11... I found that out last night!

Hope you can make it my friend!

Eva

How was the concert?

Did you go?

Please tell all us members how it was,

for after last weeks trauma we sure need some good cheering up in here.

Hmmm...

Not really sure if I can cheer you up with my recollection of the night.

Yes, I managed to get up from my couch, take my mind off what happened and go to the concert.

There was a delay, approx. 30 minutes, which is understandable... The Mayor of Nikea came to the mic and gave a well-written speach (want any bets he didn't write it himself?)... He said that there were thoughts of canceling the concert but all parts thought that culture is the best answer to such acts of violence. He asked everyone to keep one minute's silence for the innocent victims... Not everyone stood up. And one (jerk) cried out "for Yougoslavia too" to which some people applauded... I thought it was highly inappropriate but the Mayor commented "for all the victims of terrorism"...

Then the lights went out and musicians came on stage... Last, George came in stepped in front and sang alone "Oti ki an po den se ksexno"...

He sat at his position with the rest of the orchestra and the concert began.

When he said hello to all of us he added that his own comment was not necessary...

The weather was bad... It was too windy and they could not show the projections they had ... Some times the wind interfered with the sound too...

The were all very good -my Goodness Tsaligopoulou has a PERFECT!! voice for such songs- but their work could not be fully appreciated.

I was a bit numbed by what happened to US and something was holding me back from fully enjoying the concert... I was too concerned with communicating with some American friends on another forum I am participating.

It was terribly cold... People started leaving long before the show was finished. I was annoyed by them... I felt ashamed...

Towards the end I went really close to the stage and took several photos... I wanted to see George afterwards but he only saw a couple of friends and then went in to a room and never came out again... I can fully understand him. I am sure he was pretty unsatisfied with the concert... But it was not his "fault" you know... I was sad that some people said he was not being nice to his fans and other bad stuff about him -I am sure you know what I mean, you've heard things like that before. He had every reason to be unsatisfied and he is only human.

I talked with Andreatos for a couple of minutes and told him that I was ashamed of the people and really annoyed by their attitude. He told me that I should not think like that and that "the conditions were 'inhuman' for a concert"... It WAS REALLY cold...

All in all I have mixed feelings about that night... I didn't enjoy it as I thought I would... I even said "now I understand why I should have gone to Megaro and PAY HIGHLY for a ticket for this concert"... I wouldn't have old ladies stepping into my view every few minutes....

BUt don't think the whole night was a total disaster, it wasn't... It had its VERY good moments too!

Gearge, at some point said, he hopes we can repeat that night some other time with better conditions... I hope he remembers that!

Hi Eva

Ohh my gosh I don't know what to make of this,

Sounds as if both the audience and Dalaras had 2 strikes or handicaps against them that evening.

One is everyone in the world knew of the attacks in America and that certainly seemed to depress everyone.

And 2nd while the audience was there the cold weather seemed to effect a great bit too force them to leave I believe based on what you said.

I don't know one person who likes to sit outside for an event in uncomfortable climate conditions. And if it hurts the sound from the artists performance thats even a worse feeling.

I can't begin to tell you how many bad gigs I've experienced too that I have encountered from time to time over the years.  One does his best to overcome these hindrances and obstacles and we certainly try to plan fo them not to happen;   But its never flawless nor is it ever perfect.

We make mistakes, and even when there are no mistakes to have been made,

POOF!   Stuff Happens, such as the weather conditions or the peoples mood that evening listening to your music.

Somehting in the rest of the world could have happened that same time to ruin the mood such as a death in the family and it kills the setting right there all the way to the bitterend.

When you said," it was very cold and People started leaving long before the concert finished", are you referring again to the peoples poor attitude or to the bad weather climate?

Incidentally,

Thanks for sharing this with us.

HI Christo...

Well to answer your question I am refering to both... But,  I personaly wouldn't mind the cold if people were behaving more properly...

No, the whole night was certainly not a complete disaster, you are right Eva.

We did enjoy the concert, even if it couldn't compare with the Megaro performance in February (I was there on Friday the 16th Nikola !).

We enjoyed it in spite of the demented cold wind whistling through the microphones, blowing away the words of the actors and singers, the music and everything else around. All the artists are to be admired for their performance, I hope no one got sick with the terrible cold. Again I agree with you Eva, Tsaligopoulou does have the perfect voice and Tsitsanis music is so wonderful.

The audience was very strange : there was a bit of 'mass hysteria' to start with, when the opening of the gates was delayed, people shouting at the police, and trying to push their way through (not minding the people they were pushing in front of them), then the mayor's speech was often interrupted by shouts of "enough, enough", "cut it out, man, we want to hear Georges".etc. etc.

After the concert started people kept talking and talking, one man was standing, gesticulating, speaking on his cell phone to some friend seated somewhere else in the theatre, - all this while some others were dancing and the majority of the audience was singing !!!!

I own, I had  never seen anything like that! But nothing could have really spoiled our  happiness as my two friends and I had the great unexpected felicity to speak to Him before the concert.

We had come very early and were waiting patiently in front the gates when he arrived driving his car, his wife sitting next to him, and parked his car a few  steps from where we were standing.

We were so surprised, we felt like turned to stonesbut managed to talk to him before he entered the theatre. He was very kind and friendly, and even had the goodness to stand between us for a picture !

Thanked us for coming, hoped we would enjoy the concert, etc. etc.

I had to pinch myself  several times during that concert and the following days, haven't finished pinching myself to tell the truth!!

Annemarie,

Sounds like you had a good time even though the weather and circumstances were against it.  Anyway you meet him so the evening had to be perfect for you didn't it!!!!

What car was he driving, I have never seen him drive his own car he's always been driven in Cyprus?

Yes, Lynne,we had a very good time, even more so because we didn't know about the terrible events in N.Y.

The car he was driving was a metallic grey Audi A4 1.8T.Please, don't ask me more detail, I know nothing about cars but I knew someone was bound to ask so I made a note of it !! Clever of me, eh??

Annemarie, thanks for the info and you are clever!!!  I don't think I would of thought to look at the car.  

I just heard that he is doing the same concert in Cyprus next month so I'll get to hear him too singing the same show you did.  Coming to Cyprus?

Well, well, not such a bad idea ! I have never been to Cyprus yet. That would certainly be the perfect excuse !!

And Lynne, I hope the concert in Cyprus will be as good as the one at Megaron. Itan thavmasia !

Annemarie!

I was on the 16th of February too! Together with another member, kostalenia! (who will be banned if doesn't appear by tomorrow... :mad: )

I also saw Anna in that concert!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead