Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soc

New York (Νεα Υόκη) 04/04/2003

66 posts in this topic

"Επειδή σας αισθάνομαι δικούς μου ανθρώπους, θα ήθελα να σας πω δυο λόγια. Θέλω να ευχαριστήσω τον Αμερικάνικο λαό για όλες τις προσπάθειες που έχει κάνει όλα αυτα τα χρόνια για την ελευθερία, όχι μόνο εδώ αλλά και σε άλλα μέρη της γης. Ίδιαίτερα θα ήθελα να ευχαριστήσω τον Αμερικάνικο στρατό και το Πεντάγωνο για όλες τις προσπάθειες τους για την ειρήνη και τη δικαιοσύνη, όπως για παράδειγμα για τις συνεχείς απόπειρες να ελευθερώσουν την Κύπρο όλα αυτά τα χρόνια. Εύχομαι λοιπόν εκεί κάτω στη Βαγδάτη να τελειώσουν τα πράγματα γρήγορα και καλά και του χρόνου ...........άντε και στο Πεκίνο"

Γιώργος Νταλάρας (με το πιο αθώο και συνάμα δολοφονικό χαμόγελο που τον είδατε ποτέ)

Νέα Υόρκη, Radio City, 4 Απριλίου 2003

Και μετά έφυγε. Δε θα ήθελα να είμαι στη θέση αυτών που άρχισαν να χειροκροτούν όταν ξεκίνησε να λέει "Ίδιαίτερα θα ήθελα να ευχαριστήσω τον Αμερικάνικο στρατό και το Πεντάγωνο"

Και μετά έφυγε και οι υπόλοιποι κατάπιαν τη γλώσσα τους και ψάχναν να βρουν τι έγινε

Και μετά εφυγε και γω έμεινα να γελάω με την καρδιά μου. Όχι για το αξεπέραστο της συναυλίας. Αλλα για το αξεπέραστο του τέλους της. Και δίπλα μου ο κύριος που έφτιαξε την ταινία που άλλαξε τη ζωή μου, και άνοιξε τα μάτια μου (δε χρειάζεται να σας πω ποιος και ποια ταινία, ξέρετε) φαινόταν να συμμερίζεται και αυτός τη χαρά μου την περηφάνεια μου και το θαυμασμό μου.

Σωκράτη, εκπληκτικό...

Πού και πότε ακριβώς το έκανε αυτό ?

Στο τέλος της συναυλίας?

"Επειδή σας αισθάνομαι δικούς μου ανθρώπους, θα ήθελα να σας πω δυο λόγια. Θέλω να ευχαριστήσω τον Αμερικάνικο λαό για όλες τις προσπάθειες που έχει κάνει όλα αυτα τα χρόνια για την ελευθερία, όχι μόνο εδώ αλλά και σε άλλα μέρη της γης. Ίδιαίτερα θα ήθελα να ευχαριστήσω τον Αμερικάνικο στρατό και το Πεντάγωνο για όλες τις προσπάθειες τους για την ειρήνη και τη δικαιοσύνη, όπως για παράδειγμα για τις συνεχείς απόπειρες να ελευθερώσουν την Κύπρο όλα αυτά τα χρόνια. Εύχομαι λοιπόν εκεί κάτω στη Βαγδάτη να τελειώσουν τα πράγματα γρήγορα και καλά και του χρόνου ...........άντε και στο Πεκίνο"

"As I consider you 'my own people', I would like to say two words to you. I want to thank the American people for all the efforts it has made, all those years, for the cause of freedom, not only here, but in every part of the Earth. Especially, I would like to thank the american army and the pentagon, for their efforts for peace and justice, such as, for example, their continuing attempts to free Cyprus, all those years. I wish, then, that down there in Bagdad, they'll finish the business quick and good, and next year... on to Beijing."

Translator's note: the smile with which he said this, can not be reproduced in any form of human language.

To quote Jack Nicolson - We are entertainers - we should just entertain.

Concerts should not be the place for political views! I pay money to hear music . If I wanted political views I would go to rallies.

He should have just played the music!

As I 've said before the word entertainment has to meanings in Greek.

One is "διασκέδαση" and the other is "ψυχαγωγία"

The first one is when you go and have fun. You want to stop your mind from thinking. (δια-σκεδάζω = διασκορπώ)

The second one is when you go somewhere and you come out a better person. When you do have a good time, but you also put your mind to work and your soul is filled with sentiments and it grows.

Dalaras belongs in the category of entairteners that do the second.

Nicolson has been in that category many times. I don't know why he said that. But don't forget that Nicolson has a great sence or irony and sarkasm. Maybe he was just fooling around when he said that.

Nicholson said it because it is starting to affect their pockets.

That awful Madonna and Pearl Jam had to do a back flip also.

I am as old as Dalara, and have been his most LOYAL fan since he started. I have seen him at least 18 times. In my youth I would go to Greece around his concerts. I once flew over (all the way from Australia) to see him in concert with Alexiou. Most of you would have been babies then. My loyalty cannot be ever doubted.

However, I find it very hypocritial to tour America, make money from American citizens, and then stand up their and criticise the government! Whether you agree or not, it is the government elected by the people, and his job was not to repremand them. The next elections will do that!

But, as Dalaras says, when you love people, you have to tell them the truth...

And if dalaras believes something, he will say it. It would be hypocritical if he just told them what they wanted to hear, and not what he really believes.

And, in both your posts, you have mentioned money...

Dalaras could never "sell" his beliefs for money...

If you pay to go to a Dalaras concert, it doens't mean that you pay him to tell you what you want to hear!... He will tell you what he believes, even if you won't like it, even if it hurts. And your money can "go for a walk in the garden"...

Ahhh- you are all too naive I feel. Of course he likes money , and the life his money has brought him- he is human like everyone else. that does not make him a lesser person. Still we are off the subject.

If you visit someone's home, as a guest, you do not critize that home. It is rude. He was a guest in America, dont critize!

Innocent people get slaughtered while we all write from the safety of our warm homes and you say that he criticizes?

It's the least he could do as a human and an artist.

Since he is human as you said he thought that the hundreds of lives that get lost were much more important than the fact that he was -as you say- a "guest".

Noone said that Dalaras hates money... who does?

But he would never tell you something he doesn't believe, because of your money!

"When you love the people, you tell them the truth. It is like when you love your family"

And, now it is just not that!

(I can't write it better than Paulos:)

Innocent people get slaughtered while we all write from the safety of our warm homes and you say that he criticizes?

It's the least he could do as a human and an artist.

Since he is human as you said he thought that the hundreds of lives that get lost were much more important than the fact that he was -as you say- a "guest".

If you visit someone's home, as a guest, you do not critize that home.  It is rude.  He was a guest in America, dont critize!

It was Dalaras' right and duty to criticize what America has been doing for years, and he did it marvellously, with the irony that becomes his intelligent mind.

Enough with hypocrisy. Truth must be spoken. Art has always been political, anyway.

Thank you so much, Soc, for posting George's statement.

My respect to Dalaras grows higher and higher!!!For all the things he does for other people! And that he never is quiet ,when he see, that something is wrong!!

Franz

Socrati, thanks for the text!!! And Geske, for translation!

Astron, before I could even formulate my thoughts, you did that for me.

Megale Kyrie Giorgo Dalara, I admire you more and more.

"Tis dikaiosinis ilie" as a song remains in my mind so strongly these days, and there are, I see, more and more reasons for it

A good Sunday to all of you.

Btw. I can imagine this Kyrios Giorgos' smile, even if Soc gave up at the moment.

Πολύ θα ήθελα να δω τις αντιδράσεις τους...........!!!!!!!!

Σ' ευχαριστούμε Soc......

Thank you Soc for this outstanding piece of news.

We are lucky that you were there to inform us.

Am I right in assuming that the public was predominantly American ?

Have there been any reactions or comments in the media in the meantime ?

Am I right in assuming that the public was predominantly American ?

I'm going to make a guess: a big majority of what's called "hyphenated americans" - in this case, greek-americans.

Right or wrong?

BRAVO G I O R G A R A !!!! :):music::music:

That's why we love you !!!! you really have the guts telling the truth wherever you are :D

I admire you more & more..... :)

"Επειδή σας αισθάνομαι δικούς μου ανθρώπους, θα ήθελα να σας πω δυο λόγια. Θέλω να ευχαριστήσω τον Αμερικάνικο λαό για όλες τις προσπάθειες που έχει κάνει όλα αυτα τα χρόνια για την ελευθερία,  όχι μόνο εδώ αλλά και σε άλλα μέρη της γης. Ίδιαίτερα θα ήθελα να ευχαριστήσω τον Αμερικάνικο στρατό και το Πεντάγωνο για όλες τις προσπάθειες τους για την ειρήνη και τη δικαιοσύνη, όπως για παράδειγμα για τις συνεχείς απόπειρες να ελευθερώσουν την Κύπρο όλα αυτά τα χρόνια. Εύχομαι λοιπόν εκεί κάτω στη Βαγδάτη να τελειώσουν τα πράγματα γρήγορα και καλά και του χρόνου ...........άντε και στο Πεκίνο"

Dalaras:HUMAN

He keeps on touching US.

Thanks for the statement,Soc

Ναι όντως!! Ο Γιώργος Νταλάρας είναι πραγματικός άνθρωπος, με όλη την σημασία της λέξης!

Αυτό το link προσθέτει κάποια πράγματα που δεν ανέφερε ο soc όπως την αναφορά της Γιουγκοσλαβίας και του Αφγανιστάν, αλλά και συγκεκριμένα "για την τουρκική εισβολή".

Το άρθρο αναφέρει περι Ελλήνων ομογενών που ήταν δυσσαρεστημένοι από αυτές τις δηλώσεις... Εάν συμφωνούν με την πολιτική των Ηνωμένων Πολιτειών τότε μακάρι πάντα να μένουν δυσσαρεστημένοι...

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0