nikolas

Προτάσεις (μόνο)

204 posts in this topic

Dear Natalie

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear (something that I manage to do quite a lot I'm afraid :) What I was talking about wasn't information available on the forum, of which there is an incredible amount, not only from Nikolas but also from the members who have posted so much about Greek music and so many useful links.

I was making a general point (not specially connected to the site or the suggestions for improvement) that as I have learned more about Greek music and musicians I have often thought that it would be great to have some sort of 'dictionary' that brings much of the information together in a way that is easy to access. And I firmly believe that if I think of something I want then I should try to do it myself.

Very often, I go in the international music sections in the CD stores, and I see plenty of artists and music from other countries, but no Greek music, and if there is Greek music, no Dalaras. How can that be?

Natalie

One, very small, encouraging sign - in one of the main record stores in Birmingham (HMV), they have a Greek section. Not only that, Dalaras has his own section within that section (as does Glykeria and one or two other artists), but with only two or three CD's. The member of staff who was re-filling the shelves of the World Music area told us that he was trying to build up the selection of Greek music available in his store, and had himself recently bought a Dalaras CD. So, the quantity of music available is still very, very small, but at least someone here is trying to do something about it.

Another encouraging sign - for me at least. At my final Greek class before Easter, (a small class that day, just myself plus one other) I had the Tsitsanis CD's with me for my teacher. As there were only two of us, she abandoned the planned lesson and, as she had brought a CD player with her, we played one of the songs. My fellow student absolutely loved it - the song (Antilaloune ta Vouna), and Dalaras' voice in particular. He had not really paid attention to the music on his visits to Greece, but now he completely understands my enthusiasm (particularly after my return from a concert). He now wants to hear more music, and has even said he would like to see him in concert! I was so pleased.

(Apologies if I have strayed off-topic! :) )

There seems to be a problem with the "print topic" button, or rather a limitation: it stops at page 30 of the topic, and leaves out the rest.

For example, in the topic about Dalaras-Remos in the Arena (under "past concerts), the last post it includes in the print-out is 24th february.

Does it do that only to me? Can anything be done about it?

DEAR NIKOLAS,

HELLO AND WELCOME BACK

ok now that I got your attention,

I have only 1 suggestion

PLEASE

It appears in our Inbox here

when we assign folder names for the member friends,

I tried to go back and retrieve some old messages I saved.

However,

it only allowed me to save them, store them too supposedley

BUT

unable to read them.

No button is there to retrieve or recover them.

So my QUESTION is:

How on Earth am I going to re-read them now?

Can you FIx this problem?

AND ASAP

christo

a million

thanks

:mad:

Nikolas

If you are back from the army ... First, a big welcome back!! :)

I was wondering, well, if you have time, of course, whether we could have bigger avatars (those little pictures are cute, but too small). Would that take much memory space?

I guess it would negatively affect the layout...is it so important?

Christo, I am not sure I understand the problem and the question. Could you please send me a pm?

Hello Nikolas!! One suggestion that I wanted to make, is the following! Some times it is very difficult for those who join the forum to find it's content! Very often, they post new topics with questions or information that already exist in the forum. . It is not good, but it' s justified because it is impossible to search all the forum to see if there is already a similar topic! My suggestion is to make a search engine for the content of the forum! E.g: If someone wants to find if there is a topic about 'Didymoteixo blouz', he writes the title to the search machine and this shows him all the relevant topics... I think that this would help a lot! Thank you.. :):)

I am not Nikolas but nevertheless I dare to answer because I think that your suggestion is already realized:

On top of the site - in the line where you find the button for the messenger and other icons - there is also an icon called "Search". When clicking on it, you can carry out exactly what you suggest: You can type in the search-field a certain word and you will find all topics that contain it. You can also restrict your search to certain time periods, categories etc. Very useful. :)

I know I'm new, but as a newcomer, I found it confusing trying to figure out how this site works. I still find it confusing :blink:

I am not very computer literate, but could there be a "topic" for instructions for newcomers, or even oldtimers that may be having trouble locating certain topics or even see if that particular topic exists? Is it also possible to list the topic in both Greek and English so that those of us who only understand English can participate?

I'm slowly finding my way around with the help of Anna and Geske, but I hate to keep bothering them.

I wonder if a general conversation "topic" could be included that would cover miscellaneous, random posts.

Thanks for listening. :wow:

Louise, this site is as simple as a forum can possibly be. Really.

Your problem is actually THE existential problem of our times: here's this huge mass of information, and how do I find what I want?

Answer: search for yourself. Learn to use the «Search» function. Learn to use the «Messenger».

The titles of topics are chosen by the person who opens the topic, and cannot be altered once posted. So, no, it's not possible to have all topic titles in both Greek and English, because not everyone knows both Greek and English.

What is possible is to have the section titles of the forum in both languages, and this, we have.

If you would like a general conversation topic, you simply go to the «general discussion» section and open it. There is a button called "New Topic", and after you hit that it's so simple that I really can't think of anything to explain :blink: .

I hope you will do it, and I hope all the non-greek-speakers who wander around in here will come and talk, and be seen and heard.

Geske,

I don't give up easy. I guess I'm just used to another site I visit that has random discussions and anyone can post and answer in just one place. Be patient with me. Eventually maybe I'll become expert enough to give others instructions on how to work this site. :music: I've made a little progress. Between Anna's and your help, I have found a few other topics and gained some much wanted information. Thank you both.

Have a good day,

Louise

Νικόλα, μήπως γίνεται το λογότυπο που είναι πάνω πάνω στη σελίδα να γίνει και link προς την αρχική σελίδα του forum; Πιστεύω πως θα ήταν πολύ πρακτικό...  :music:

Αντίθετα, εγώ προτείνω να γίνει αυτό το λογότυπο (δηλαδή η σφαίρα) link προς την "γενική" αρχική σελίδα, δηλαδή προς το www.dalaras.com :rolleyes:;) . Μέχρι στιγμής δεν βρήκα τρόπο να πάω με ένα κλικ από το Φόρουμ σε αυτή τη διεύθυνση (λ.χ. αν θέλω να ψάξω για πληροφορίες στη δισκογραφία του Νταλάρα κλπ.)

Νταλαρόφιλη, το link που προτείνεις εσύ, έτσι κι αλλιώς ήδη υπάρχει:

Στη δεύτερη μπάρα (κάτω από το λογότυπο) βρίσκεις αριστερά τις λέξεις "Dalaras Community". Κάνοντας κλικ εκεί φτάνεις στην αρχική σελίδα του Φόρουμ. :music:

Αν προτιμάς το link (και) σε πιο χαρακτηριστικό σημείο, ίσως θα μπορούσε να προστεθεί στο δεύτερο λογότυπο εκεί πάνω, δηλαδή στη μικρή φωτογραφία του Νταλάρα. Θα ταίραιζε μάλιστα καλύτερα σε αυτό το σημείο (απ ό,τι στη σφαίρα) γιατί δίπλα γράφει "x. dalaras.club".

(Παρεμπιπτόντως: Τι σημαίνει το "x." ;;;;;;;; :rolleyes: )

I agree with Chris! It is high time to renew the site.I don't understand Nikolas, sometimes he is in the site, but as Chris said, he is no

" Captain" since long time.Maybe he has lost interest in the site, then he must say that!!

Franz :inlove:

Concerning Hristaki's and Franz' postings:

I do not understand why so many people need for whatever they do a "captain" (or "leader" or "boss" or whatever).

Nikolas gave us the "infrastructure" by creating this Forum, and I think that all of us that we use it (either by writing, either by mere reading of postings) are very thankful for this. But personally I do not see a need for any sort of "guideness". Nikolas gave us the technical possibility to discuss about Dalaras and a lot of other topics; let's say, he gave us the "hardware". The "software" is, what the members themselves contribute.

I would support the idea that there is some intervention if there were massive conflicts between the members or technical problems by using the Forum or something similar. But as far as I see, that's not the case at this time.

Concerning the appearance of the site (the necessity of a face-lifting or not), this is to my mind no question of vital importance, it is simply a matter of taste. I for my part am completely satisfied with its appearance.

In my opinion, the site does not need a "face-lift" (change of looks), though it could use an update (bringing information up to the present, adding material). And the forum would not benefit from any "captain" (moderator, whatever), there's no work here for such a person; the only thing might be to clear away one-post-topics with zero information content, that take up space and make it hard to find the informations/topics one is looking for.

When they gave Dalaras that Kennedy award for his work for Cyprus, there was a quote on it that he really liked, what was it? «Do not ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country» , if I'm not mistaken? I'm not always enthusiastic about "countries", but say "forum" instead and I'll cheer.

Voting in favor of self-rule and democracy under the same old condition:

ΜΕΤΡΟΝ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΝ - ΜΗΔΕΝ ΑΓΑΝ

(Moderation - no extremes: is it right?)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead