nikolas

Προτάσεις (μόνο)

204 posts in this topic

The message will follow in English.

-------------------------------------------------

Σε λίγο καιρό θα αρχίσω να ξανασχεδιάζω τη σελίδα. Έχω κάποια πράγματα στο μυαλό. Σας υπόσχομαι ότι πράγματα που τα θέλουμε και τα ζητάμε εδώ και καιρό, όπως το να μπορούμε να βρίσκουμε ένα εισιτήριο μέσω της σελίδας, ίσως και βιντεοκασέτες, ακόμη και καινούργια CD με σχετική έκπτωση, όλα αυτά και άλλα, θα γίνουν πραγματικότητα!

Θα ήθελα όποιος έχει να καταθέσει κάποια ιδέα, είτε την έχουμε συζητήσει είτε όχι (το τονίζω αυτό) να το κάνει εδώ. Δε βγάζω ερωτηματολόγιο για δυο λόγους:

1. Δε μένει χρόνος λόγω στρατού (το κυριότερο)

2. Τα ερωτηματολόγια δίνουν κατευθύνσεις στις απαντήσεις και δε μου αρέσουν.

Περιμένω λοιπόν ιδέες, με φαντασία αλλά και σεβασμό στις αρχές της σελίδας από το ξεκίνημά της. Είτε το έχετε επεξεργαστεί είτε όχι στο μυαλό σας, πείτε το. Παρακαλώ όμως να περιοριστούμε σε αυτό το θέμα.

Περιμένω προτάσεις σε όλα τα επίπεδα: σελίδα, φόρουμ κλπ. Μια πρόταση του τύπου "αλληλεπίδραση σελίδας-φόρουμ" είναι αναμενόμενη, αλλά πολύ γενική. Η κατέυθυνση είναι αυτή, αλλά θέλω και πιο συγκεκριμένη διάσταση στο θέμα. Π.χ να μου πείτε ότι θέλετε όταν βλέπετε τα στοιχεία ενός δίσκου, να μπορείτε με ένα κλικ να πηγαίνετε στην αντίστοιχη συζήτηση για το δίσκο στο φόρουμ κλπ.

Επίσης, δε μου αρέσει, όπως και στους περισσότερους, η κατάσταση που επικρατεί στο φόρουμ. Και γι' αυτό θα ληφθεί μέριμνα στο νέο φόρουμ, που σίγουρα θα υπάρχει. Γενικότερα, η ιδέα της συμμετοχής θα είναι πιο κυρίαρχη, ελπίζω. Σημειώνω πάντως ότι αν θέλουμε καλό αποτέλεσμα, χρειάζεται υπομονή. Καμία ανανέωση δε θα γίνει στην υπάρχουσα σελίδα και ίσως χρειαστεί αρκετός καιρός για το νέο αποτέλεσμα, διότι θα το επιδιώξω μόνο στον ελεύθερο χρόνο μου.

Τέλος, σας ευχαριστώ ειλικρινά για την κατανόηση.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon I will start planning and working on a new website to replace this one. I have some things in mind. I promise that things that we want and ask for for a long time, such as purchasing tickets for concerts, maybe video tapes or even new CDs, cheaper than in the market, will become possible!

I would like everybody who has an idea, no matter if we ever discussed it or not, to express it here. I won't create any questionnaires, for two reasons:

1. I don't have time, because of the army

2. The questionnaires give directions, which I don't like.

So, I am waiting for ideas, imaginative and with respect to the concept of the website, from its start. No matter if you have worked it in your mind, say it. But please, let's concentrate on the specific topic.

Suggestions are welcome, for all levels (site, forum etc). A suggestion like 'Interaction between the site and the forum' is expectable, but also very general. Yes, the direction is that but I want something more specific. For example, tell me that when you view album details, you want to be able to go directly to a forum topic about this album etc.

Also, I don't like, as most of you, the current forum situation. For this, I will take care in the new project. The forum will remain. In general, participation will be the core of the new website. But I must note that if we want a good result, patience is necessary. No updates will happen in the current site and a lot of time may be needed for the new one, because I will work only during spare time.

Finally, I really thank you for understanding.

Hello Nikolas :)

I'm very happy to see you aren't completely fed up with us yet....

but still ready to give us a new website !

We'll be patient don't worry and squeeze our brains for more specific comments than this post :)

Granny :)

Μια σκέψη που έχω στο μυαλό μου είναι

κάποια τραγουδια σε άκουσμα διαφορων μουσικών

οργάνων...είναι κάτι που νομιζω υπηρχε πριν ανανεωθεί

η συγκεκριμένη σελίδα....

εύχομαι οτι καλύτερο για τη νέα σελίδα....

Ελπιδοφόρα τα νέα σου Νικόλα !!!!

Σε ότι αφορά την δισκογραφία αλλά και στοίχους τραγουδιών του Γιώργου υπάρχει μεγάλη κάλυψη. Γιατί όχι λοιπόν και σε τραγούδια που να μπορούν να ακουστούν και να μπορούμε να τα βρίσκουμε μέσα σ΄αυτή την σελίδα.

Καλημέρα,

συμφωνώ απόλυτα με την Agnie, μια ξεχωριστή θέση με mp3 θα ήταν το καλύτερο συμπλήρωμα σ΄αυτή την σελίδα.

:):):)

Νικόλα,

Ευχαριστούμε προκαταβολικά για την νέα προσπάθεια!

Σίγουρα η υπάρξη mp3 και η δυνατότητα εύρεσης εισιτηρίων από την ιστοσελίδα, είναι πολύ καλές ιδέες! :)

Προς κάθε ενδιαφερόμενο,

Μπορώ να σας βοηθήσω όσο αφορά την κατασκευή και προγραμματισμό του website.

Το είχα συζητήσει με κάποια από τα παιδιά του forum μετά την συναυλία στο Ηρώδειο 21/06/2003. Αλλά δεν έλαβα ακόμη απάντηση!!!

Αν η πρόταση μου σας ενδιαφέρει τότε στείλτε μου mail (.info@dimiourgein.gr) με τηλέφωνο και όνομα ώστε να επικοινωνήσω μαζί σας

I was thinking a bit about a big amounts of short topics appearing lately in the Forum. They are created mostly by our new Members and connected with looking for a certain song or performances.

Would it be not better to make a new topic like Questions and requests/Short questions just to make the Forum more clear?

A topic concerning short informations exists already in "Artists" under the title "Missing informations".

The topic concerning matters, which do not suit in any other particular drawer of the Forum, has the title "This week's topics" in the "General Discussion".

I am only not sure, if "the new "Short questions" will not multiply already existing structures.

What do you think?

There is one "button" in the forum that I use almost daily: the "new posts since your last visit".

It's very good, very useful - but it could be even better: if the "search result" told not only *in which* topic there are new posts, but also *how many* new posts have been added to the topic.

The list of songs exists: in the site, http://www.dalaras.com/songs/songs.htm , click αλφαβητικά.

I don't think it is practical to have 1 single list with all nine-hundred-something songs in it?

I think the links to the translations are definitely part of the plans for the next update, but it's not a thing that Nikolas can implement without a major (very major) re-building of the way the site is put together.

And I know (I've asked him) that Nikolas does not like Flash any more than you and I , so you can be easy about that.

Not having rules®'s is a conscious choice of Nikolas' ; there are a number of "how to post" items in the different sections of the forum, which have been done fine so far. Considering that no rule or reg' ever stopped boring people from being boring, stoopid people from being stoopid, shy people from being shy, and so on.

The chat exists, it's the Dalaras mIRC channel.

What's going on here today?

Some of the Forum members have to struggle with serious things in real life now,

and the another ones have to face insulting words, especially today ***.

Please, do have a glass of ouzo or whatever and try to have a rest, before you use hasty words again. Whatever the topic is. Please.

Because it is not needed these days in the Forum, any things like this.

Even, if the rapid changes of the world's weather and nothing especially joyful in the world around are a kind of explanation of these events.

Kali sas nichta olous.

*** I think I have to edit and add: I do not mean only these public posts in this particular topic.

And do not forget, still, we are not in ANY forum, this is Giorgos Dalaras' Unofficial Site. We have to keep a high level of it.

Well I "smelled" my name in the LAST post... :music: (view: I do not mean only these public posts in this particular topic)

exw thn muga kai mugiazomai :)

Without trying to make things worse, I feel obliged to inform the readers that "stoopid" is written "stupid" and not "stoopid". Because "Stoopid" is not an insult... but it does its work when it is necessary :)

Anyway guys calm down...

I agree with Olga (!) :music: that we have a great responsibility in this forum...the site is unofficial...BUT WE ARE THE OFFICIAL REPRESENTATIVES OF DALARAS' FANS!

Kalh nuxta sas kai ...kalo einai to krasi...alla kalutero einai otan bazoume ligo nero s'auto.

And no power on earth (or out of it) can keep forum members from going off-topic.

Hristaki, don't pick fights with me, you should know better!

Yes, I think there are boring posts on this forum. So what? Who does this insult? Only people who think their own posts boring............

Franz, mIRC is the name of the chatroom system where Astron created a channel named #Dalaras, a long time ago. If you want to know more, you can do a forum search with the keyword "chat" and you will find the topic with his explanations.

It is much preferable to read "boring, stoopid (stupid) and shy" messages than reading about undue "fights"... :)

PLEASE CALM DOWN.

Personally i don't come here

because i feel boring, shy or whatever...I come because

Nikolas has done a real beautifull site

for the singer i like the most.

And i think all the members are nice. :):):music:

A

I have something to suggest:

Would you please add all the new missing files in Discography, Lyrics etc?

I know that for a forum-follower things are easy...but remember that there are people who don't have the best net links ever (I'm talking about my friends in Egypt)...

To find the lyrics of a song from Afierwma ston Marko, for example, somebody must search for ages.... Till he finds the lyrics for Marko, a new album will be released Afierwma ston Giwrgo :blink:

Anyway...einai mia protash (mono)

Paw na psaxw tous stixous tou Den xerw Poso s'agapw ap'to Mazi...an den akousete nea mou gia kamia -duo meres....shmainei oti akoma psaxnw :D:wow::music::D

I feel less ignorant now that I know who actually runs this website B) Thank you, Niko! Now for my suggestion....

As a non-Greek-speaking fan of Dalaras and Greek music in general, I must admit I am dismayed by the lack of comprehensive, neat, and easily accessible information concerning even the most famous composers, singers, and songs. I do not think--since our favorite singer himself has complained--that it is unreasonable to ask that great artists be remembered here. He once said in an interview that musicians like Spanos cannot get even a foot in the door anymore; I think it would be a very nice gesture to provide basic information (biography, discography, etc.) on Plessas, Kougioumtzis, Kaldaras, and others. I have sought them online; they seem not to exist for us English-speakers :wow:

I was going to attempt this project myself after completing the reconstruction of my website, but let's face it--yours is far better since so many know and visit it :) ... and anyway, it would be difficult for me to research what I can't find.

We love Dalaras not only for his talent but also because of his music. It is the music of Greece, and it is being lost, slowly but surely. We should be honored to spread awareness of him and his hymns.

Antometrios, that information actually is available on the web, enough of it even in English. The fact that it is hard to find simply reflects the general messiness of Internet. The essence of it is that people put onto it what they want, not what you want.

Besides, your asking for a "comprensive, neat and easily accessible" compendium looks to me rather like the behaviour of students nowadays (from primary school up) who go on the net expecting to find their assignements ready-written for them - hey, guys, do your own research! You'll never learn much otherwise!

So, tip 1: try the name of any composer you are interested in on the search engine of this forum. When I came in two and a half years ago, I didn't know if Theodorakis was a dead composer or an alive one - so, I can promise you, there are things to be learned here...

Tip 2: learn Greek. I know you've started on it - you'll see, the more you learn the easier it becomes, and it's an investment that pays.

and finally:

the music of Greece is NOT being lost.

Τελεία και παύλα.

Good point on the matter of homework, but I honestly am not motivated for that reason :) I can find plenty of information on Theodorakis; I mean more specifically other composers such as Spanos.

And yes, I should learn Greek; it's my heritage. But should everyone? I don't think it's a crime to use English as a portal to awareness of Greek music.

Finally, you are right, there is plenty of good Greek music today. But there is much more bad music (not just in Greece, but everywhere). Nobody wants to Greek dance at glendis anymore; they just listen to techno. It's saddening.

However, even with the good modern music, there are many classics--Tis Agapi Aimata for example--that no one seems ever to heard or to care about.

I suppose I'm just being elegaic, though B) I understand what you mean.

I think it would be a very nice gesture to provide basic information (biography, discography, etc.) on Plessas, Kougioumtzis, Kaldaras, and others.  I have sought them online; they seem not to exist for us English-speakers :razz:

Andoni, at www.kithara.gr you can find a quite extensive list with links to websites about greek musicians. This can be a useful help for finding the kind of information you are looking for. Unfortunately at the moment they have technical problems and the site does not work. When it will work again I will give the link to the list.

Concerning the discography of Kougioumtzis, I am so impudent to refer to my own contribution in the Club. B) You can find his discography here:

http://www.dalaras.com/forum/index.php?act...18b1d376914df61

(see there the posting of August 2nd 2003)

(But you will see that - deliberately - I wrote the titles of the records with Greek letters.)

When I will have time I will continue with other composers or singers too. (First of all with the discography of Kalatzis because I have promised it Olga already a long time ago. :wow: )

I can find plenty of information on Theodorakis; I mean more specifically other composers such as Spanos.

Yes, Andoni, and the next one will be Spanos because he is one of my favourite composers too. :) But this will take some time because his discography is quite extensive.

I I must admit I am dismayed by the lack of comprehensive, neat, and easily accessible information concerning even the most famous composers, singers, and songs.  

Dear Antometrios

I almost completely agree with you. I have thought for a long time that it would be great to have a 'comprehensive, neat and easily accessible' guide to Greek music. So much so that I'd thought of creating it myself and have started by collecting information about composers, lyricists and singers from the internet (but I have to admit that I haven't got very far with it). I also think you are right that it would be good for it to be in English, because it would bring information about Greek music to the wider audience that it so much deserves. The only thing I don't have a view on is whether it should be on this website - that is for Nikola to decide. But I definitely think it's something that should be done. (So I'd be very happy to work with you on the project!)

The internet, after all, does provide neat, accessible and comprehensive information, and I think that is probably what motivates almost everyone who creates a website. And certainly the finest of all is this one. I will be eternally grateful to Nikolas for bringing all this information about Dalaras and Greek music into one place, and that he didn't leave us all to find it on our own.

:confused:

Kate, I'm glad you feel the same way. My only reservation about making the website myself is that I think it would be huge, and I wonder whether I have the attention span. But certainly I think I could start small and see what happens from there.

At any rate, you brought up an interesting point. I think George Dalaras has been the most influential individual in my life over the past few years (for many reasons), and this website is what helped me to learn about the man behind what had for so long been just a mysterious voice and name. So, logically, this website has been extremely influential in my life. Nikola, thanks.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead