Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christo

Dalaras & Kazantzidithis

9 posts in this topic

Hey all

With all the lost live from those horrible incidents this week, Greece has just lost yet another valuable artist.
  The one and only legendary
   Stelios Kazantzithis.

I don't know how many fans there are of Kazantzidithis works, but before I became Dalaras fan way back in the 80's, I frist started listening to the material and music of
 Stelios Kazantzithis.

He had such a great deep voice that no one else could master or come close.  Dalaras though did sing alot of his songs in his best interpretation and they sound really good.
  Some are even sung better by him only because of his expertise has a great musician and singing ability.

Anyhow, with that said, its sad to hear of Kazantzithis death this past weekend.

Does anyone know, while Kazantzithis was alive of course, if  Dalaras and Stelios performed together either on stage or in some form of colloboration one way or another?

If so,
  please give details as to:
  when,
  where,
  what,
  how,
    and anything else you guys can remember
    don't leave nothing important out.

Christo,

I've seen them singing together on TV - they put a special out this weekend and there was a small piece where he was singing with Dalaras, but I've no idea from where and when but it was in black and white so I should imagine looking at them early 70's.

Also there is a small clip in a special that I have that was filmed in early 90's but that clip was much older than that.  

They must have played together in the 70's for sure.

Christo and Lynne

It was the song 'Kato ap' to poukamiso mou' and Dalaras, quite young, made a background voice in this song to Stelios Kazantzidis. What a pity Greece lost this singer. There is a website around, I will try to find it and post it...

My dad said to me that Dalaras and Kazantzidis have indeed performed together in a tv show or something on tv. It was when Kazantzidis was a super star and Dalaras was in his first steps. I've also seen a part in tv (I don't know if it's the same event) with Kazantzidis and I recognised Dalaras singing with him.

You know that when Dalaras started he went to audition at Kazantzidis' record company because he was his favorite singer, and got rejected of course (don't all great lives start with a rejection?) because they didn't like his voice.

O Dalaras, ektos apo to "Katw apo to poukamiso mou", exei pei kai to "Giati na eimaste aisthimaties", mazi me ton Stelara.Pali san defteri fwni. Iparxei kai video pou tous deixnei na tragoudane mazi. Distixws, i ET deixnei afta ta dokoumenta poli spania. Eftixws, tin perasmeni evdomada pou to edeikse, prolava kai ta egrapsa!

Hi Henk

I have all the recordings Dalaras has made and

none of them ever featured him singing with Kazantzidis.

I'm pretty sure what Nikokas informed is with is this duet colloboration between the two of them must have occured live in a concert setting somewhere or live in a greek nightclub venue.

And thus was never released on a cd.

A pity though it would have really been good.

Ο ΝΤΑΛΑΡΑΣ ΣΥΜΜΕΤΕΙΧΕ ΣΤΟΝ ΔΙΣΚΟ "ΥΠΑΡΧΩ" ΣΑΝ ΔΕΥΤΕΡΗ ΦΩΝΗ, ΜΕ ΤΟΝ ΚΑΖΑΝΤΖΙΔΗ ΣΤΑ ΤΡΑΓΟΥΔΙΑ "ΚΑΤΩ ΑΠΟ ΤΟ ΠΟΥΚΑΜΙΣΟ ΜΟΥ" & "ΟΙ ΑΙΣΘΗΜΑΤΙΕΣ".

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0