Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
francois

CD's

61 posts in this topic

I wanted to add a bit about Natassa Theodoridou, but not at the topic photos from Dalaras, :att:

so I put here.

I dont know her. The bit I know is her song Στα λιμάνια ανάψανε φωτιές, on the CD Πολίτικη κουζίνα. And I like her singing very much!

Btw. the whole CD is just marvellous!!

I wanted to add a bit about Natassa Theodoridou, but not at the topic photos from Dalaras,  :huh:

so I put here.

I dont know her. The bit I know is her song Στα λιμάνια ανάψανε φωτιές, on the CD Πολίτικη κουζίνα. And I like her singing very much!

Btw. the whole CD is just marvellous!!

Until know I haven't heard this song (or only a small extract) but I know other people who are enthusiastic about it too. :rolleyes:

I have 4 CDs with Natassa Theodoridou and most of the songs are the characteristic sound of Greece's popular (so-called "commercial") music of today: Quite a lot of pop elements, but always also some greek ("laiko") sounds, sometimes also a little bit of orient. Only in rare cases something really outstanding, but nevertheless most of the songs are much better than some members here want to make us believe. ;)

My favourite CD with Theodoridou until now: "Tha miliso me t' asteria" / "Θα μιλήσω με τ αστέρια" (from 2000). It contains some very good songs, among them one of the best greek songs I have heard during the last years:

"Diplo paihnidi" / "Διπλό παιχνίδι". :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Excellent!!! I love this song and I admit that in the meantime I have listened to it more often than to any of Dalaras' newer songs!! :music::rolleyes:

And now I would also like to mention Marinellas's new CD.

When last year (in another topic) it had been announced that this CD would be with music by Nikos Antypas and lyrics by Lina Nikolakopoulou my "comment" was:

Nikos Antypas??   :(  :mad:

Lina Nikolakopoulou??  :confused:  :(

I am happy that I can confess that my assumption turned out to be wrong.:rolleyes:

In the meantime the CD is released (title: "Ammos itane" / "’μμος ήτανε").

Konstantina gave us (in the topic about Marinella) a link where we can listen to extracts of the songs of the new CD. I hope it is o.k. for her when I repeat the link here too:

http://entertainment.flash.gr/music/releas...04/4/7/17682id/

Marinella's voice is wonderful (as always) and the songs (at least most of them) sound to me very, very beautiful. :music: A big surprise for me because until now I did not like at all Nikos Antypas' music.

Surely one of the CDs I will buy very soon. :rolleyes:

Christmas should be rather in the middle of May.

Because of the "Christmas Oratorio" of J.S. Bach.

A pity. the composer could not hear ;):) the classic 1987 recording of John Eliot Gardiner, Monteverdi Choir and The English Baroque Soloists.

It is really perfect, every sound.

And I got finally again an exemplar of the recording I gave once to ........

:mad::mad::naughty:, because - let me repeat my older opinion - it could sound perfectly with his voice, even if this is a completely another world of music indeed.

J. S. Bach, Cantatas 82 - 49 - 58

The 82 is a solo cantate for deep voice, recorded by many outstanding contratenor, alto and bariton singers).

Nancy Argenta - Klaus Mertens - La Petite Bande - Sigiswald Kuijken. Edition: Accent, Belgium, recorded June 1993.

There is a brand-new Greek CD that seems to be really magnificent!!! Far away from all the shallow and uninteresting sounds which dominate almost every new production of the last years:

"Dyo dromoi, dyo feggaria" / "Δυο δρόμοι, δυο φεγγάρια"

Singers are Eleni Vitali and Pitsa Papadopoulou / Ελένη Βιτάλη, Πίτσα Παπαδοπούλου

The composer and lyricist is Vaggelis Simos / Βαγγέλης Σίμος :music:

There is a possibility to listen to extracts of three songs at the following link:

http://boutique.info-grece.com/product_inf...a8c8f2d81f85cb4

These extracts convinced me fully of the quality of (at least) these three songs. And once more they show me what an important artist Vaggelis Simos is. (He is lyricist and composer.) Simos is for me one of the examples that today Greece's best song-writers are continously ignored by most of the top performers and this is a shame. (Yes, of course I mean also Dalaras!!)

Vaggelis Simos is also a very modest person. I read his beautiful book "Thymamai" ("Θυμάμαι") where he tells about his life and his work, and when I have time I will write more about him. I appreciate him very much. :rolleyes:

The songs are good, but I positively ha...hmmm, strongly dislike, Pitsa's voice. Which makes the record kinda suck for me since she is singing 6/10 songs on it.

But the songs are pretty good.

for those who liked the mediterranean night we had at Irodion, a similar coming together. The CD is called :

MEDITERRANEAN CROSSROADS Part II

Some highlights:

WALTZ OF LOST DREAMS - Manos Hadjidakis

CORSICA - Petru Guelfucci

ULIXES - Harmonia Ensemble feat. Kocani Orchestar

AGAPI MOU - Melina Merkouri

LEYLIM LEY - Zulfu Livaneli

GIDIYORUM BU SEHIRDEN - Haris Alexiou & Sezen Aksu

But also the rest is very interesting

http://www.musical.gr/cddetails.scr?gui_la...D_code=FM1579-2

New CD from Evanthia Remboutsikas

"ΦΩΝΗ ΑΙΓΑΙΟΥ".

Have a look at the musicians:

Κυριάκος Γκουβέντας: βιολί. Χρήστος Τερζής: κιθάρα. Πάνος Δημητρακόπουλος: κανονάκι. Παναγιώτης Καλαντζόπουλος: κιθάρα, κοντραμπάσσο, μαντολίνο, ούτι και λάφτα. Πλούταρχος Ρεμπούτσικας: ακορντεόν & βιολοντσέλο. Βαγγέλης Καρύπης: κρουστά. Ανδρέας Παππάς: κρουστά στο 5 και 11 Σωκράτης Σινόπουλος: λάφτα στο 5 και 11 Γιώργος Κοντογιάννης: ούτι, λαούτο, κιθάρα στα 5 και 11 Ivan Zahanov: μαντολίνο. Marek Diakov: ακορντεόν. Dimitar Danchev: Α' βιολί. Mario Angelov: πιάνο. Albena Selimska: άρπα & Kostadin Yotzov: όμποε.

http://www.musical.gr/cddetails.scr?gui_la...e=5200105060069

There was no posting here since November (!) and so I think it is time to recommend again a certain CD, in this case because of a special song:

The CD is from 2002, it has the title "Oi megales agapes" and its singer is Stathis Aggelopoulos (the son of the famous singer Manolis Aggelopoulos).

The special song on this CD is the last one with the title "Poso s' agapao".

What can I say about this song? That it is of unbelievable beauty (music and lyrics in an ideal combination) and that it proves (to me) that even "today" (2002) there are written sometimes real masterpieces. The song is (in my personal "musical world") on the same level with famous "classical" greek love songs, written by famous composers and lyric-writers. Only that today obviously such a song does not "count" and has no chance to become popular.

The music is written by Nikos Tzoumas and Dimos Beke (two persons I know almost nothing about) and the lyrics by the great Panos Falaras. The song is one more "reason" why Panos Falaras has become my favourite greek lyric-writer during the last years and why I appreciate him and all his work so much.

That's one of the songs which I love wholeheartedly and which I usually listen to at least three or four times in succession because hearing it only one time is not enough for me. :)

Δεν υπάρχει μήνυμα εδώ από το Νοέμβριο (!) οπότε σκέφτηκα πως είναι καιρός πια να συστήσω πάλι ένα ορισμένο CD, σε αυτή την περίπτωση λόγω κάποιου ξεχωριστού τραγουδιού:

Το CD είναι του 2002, έχει τον τίτλο "Οι μεγάλες αγαπές" και ο τραγουδιστής είναι ο Στάθης Αγγελόπουλος (γιος του Μανώλη Αγγελόπουλου).

Το ξεχωριστό τραγούδι σε αυτό το CD είναι το τελευταίο και λέγεται "Πόσο σ αγαπάω".

Τι να πω για το τραγούδι αυτό? Ότι είναι απίστευτης ομορφιάς (η μουσική και οι στίχοι σε έναν ιδανικό συνδυασμό) και ότι είναι (για μένα) απόδειξη πως ακόμα και "σήμερα" (2002) καμιά φορά γράφονται αληθινά αριστουργήματα. Το τραγούδι βρίσκεται (στον προσωπικό μου "μουσικό κόσμο") στο ίδιο επίπεδο με διάσημα "κλασικά" ελληνικά ερωτικά τραγούδια, γραμμένα από διάσημους δημιουργούς. Μόνο που σήμερα ένα τέτοιο τραγούδι προφανώς δεν "μετράει" και δεν έχει την ευκαιρία να γίνει δημοφιλές.

Συνθέτες είναι ο Νίκος Τζούμας και ο Δήμος Μπέκε (δύο πρόσωπα για τα οποία δεν ξέρω σχεδόν τίποτα) και οι στίχοι είναι του μεγάλου Πάνου Φαλάρα. Το τραγούδι είναι άλλος ένας "λόγος" που ο Πάνος Φαλάρας κατά τα τελευταία χρόνια έγινε ο αγαπημένος μου έλληνας στιχουργός και που εκτιμώ τόσο πολύ αυτόν και όλο το έργο του.

Πρόκειται για ένα από τα τραγούδια που τα αγαπώ ανεπιφύλακτα και που συνήθως τα ακούω τουλάχιστον τρεις ή τέσσερεις φορές στη σειρά γιατί με ένα και μοναδικό άκουσμα δεν το χορταίνω. :razz:

And now I would also like to mention Marinellas's new CD.

When last year (in another topic) it had been announced that this CD would be with music by Nikos Antypas and lyrics by Lina Nikolakopoulou my "comment" was:

Nikos Antypas??   :(  :D

Lina Nikolakopoulou??  :(  :(

I am happy that I can confess that my assumption turned out to be wrong.:wow:

In the meantime the CD is released (title: "Ammos itane" / "’μμος ήτανε").

Konstantina gave us (in the topic about Marinella) a link where we can listen to extracts of the songs of the new CD. I hope it is o.k. for her when I repeat the link here too:

http://entertainment.flash.gr/music/releas...04/4/7/17682id/

Marinella's voice is wonderful (as always) and the songs (at least most of them) sound to me very, very beautiful. :music: A big surprise for me because until now I did not like at all Nikos Antypas' music.

Surely one of the CDs I will buy very soon. :music:

Well, finally it took me almost one and a half year until I really bought the CD. :D Unfortunately listening to it (instead of listening only to the small samples) makes me revising my above (positive) impression about the songs and returning to my first opinion: The CD consists mostly of musically shallow, boring songs with the annoying experiments in the instrumentation we know from other songs by Nikos Antypas too. No, I do no not like what he composes and orchestrates. :rolleyes:

There is one really wonderful melody: The one where Marinella sings "Yparhoune dromoi pou hanom' akomi ..." (in the song "Yparhoune dromoi"). But Nikos Antypas was able to destroy even this song by the queer introduction and the shallow refrain. :(

There is nevertheless one positive element too: Marinella's voice, which is once more phantastic.

---------

Να γράψω τη γνώμη μου και στα ελληνικά:

Έχω τώρα τον δίσκο "’μμος ήτανε" με τη Μαρινέλλα (μουσική: Νίκος Αντύπας, στίχοι: Λίνα Νικολακοπούλου). Δυστυχώς δεν επαληθεύτηκαν οι θετικές εντυπώσεις που μου δημιούργησε η ακρόαση μικρών αποσπασμάτων των τραγουδιών τον περασμένο χρόνο. Ο Νίκος Αντύπας άλλη μια φορά έγραψε κατά το μεγαλύτερο μέρος ρηχά, άψυχα και πληκτικά τραγούδια που δεν μου λένε απολύτως τίποτα, και όπως συνήθως τα ... εμπλούτισε με ενοχλητικές ιδιοτροπίες στην ενορχήστρωση. :mad:

Υπάρχει μία πραγματικά θαυμάσια μελωδία: Εκείνη στο κουπλέ του τραγουδιού "Υπάρχουνε δρόμοι" ("Υπάρχουνε δρόμοι που χάνομ ακόμη, άγνωστα μέρη, δικό μου κενό ..."). Αλλά ο Νίκος Αντύπας κατάφερε να καταστρέψει και τη μαγεία αυτής της μελωδίας με την παράξενη ενορχήστρωση της εισαγωγής και την αδιάφορη μελωδία του ρεφρέν. :(

Καταπληκτική όπως πάντα είναι όμως και σε αυτή τη δουλειά η φωνή της Μαρινέλλας.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0