Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vivian

ELLE -ΙΟΥΛΙΟΥ

51 posts in this topic

I had some curiosity and perhaps some wrong ideas about this interview from what I was told today. You see, I don't like to place myself on the left nor on the right, nor do I like to belong to any sort of club (I'm not saying I'll never change my mind in any situation, but that's just been my natural attitude for a very long time)... After reading the interview, though (many thanks to you, Geske! B) ), I came to understand it better. I might not have acted in every way he did just out of common sense or of a sense of reasonable doubt or both, but I can tell from his words that he is an admirable human being, just as much as he is an admirable musician.

Nighthawk, I'm so amazed!!! Not by the fact that you say he is an admirable musician and human being (I'd say that he seems to be so), but by the fact that you didn't criticize his statements about the war. Nighthawk and I have so many discussions about it... :razz:

God, is that sabotage or what? :rolleyes: This might give a completely wrong impression of me. I never said I agreed with the war, in fact I signed several petitions for it not to happen and passed some of them on to Celeste too. But in a free world, and you'll have to agree that, even with all the idiossincrasies of human nature, there is more freedom than there ever used to be, one must be certainly entitled not to see everything in terms of black and white. That's what I was saying, belonging to some club, being absolutely certain of things, isn't very rational (even though it may be fashionable and friend making) and will probably be an easier way to dictatorships than being independent and trying to reason according to circunstances. You may call me an anarchist if you will, no matter how wrong that may be, just as long as you don't push an anarchist's card on to me! :razz:

Now, seriously speaking, I understand why there is so much hatred around Dalaras. Whatever one does, specially in the case of a public person, one gets criticized all the time. I find it funny that even people who politically are-I would say- left wing accuse Dalaras of calculism, thinking that his only goal is making money (I'm talking about greek friends of mine). It doesn't matter if what he does seems to come from a deep feeling of injustice, of giving his contribution to make this place a better one- which is something we can all do in our daily lives, it doesn't have to be at a high level-, even those who should support him, turn their back on him. And then they're the ones whinning-it's so unfair, nobody says or does anything...It's so ironic, isn't it

Celeste, by all availably evidence, Dalaras is

a ) highly intelligent

b ) extremely honest

c ) as free as any thinking person can be

so, it's NO wonder AT ALL that he gets misunderstood, is it???

Nighthawk, if you have anarchistic leanings, you'll find good company in here - both for and against (guess which I am :razz: )

I prefer to call myself a free thinker. Some people will say I'm a rightist, some will say I'm a leftist, depending on who says it. Frankly, I'm neither and I don't really care what some people might say...

There is body and there is soul in it. They are a union, not separate. Sakis has a body and face AND the expression of the body and face that makes him ugly and gelio.

Giorgos must have been joking, even when Sakis immage is concerned, since he is more of a acrobat than anything else, and ridiculous even in it, just look at his face...

I believe that G was joking about Sakis especially so because the hard word that he boldly said about Hristodulos. Congratulations, Giorgo!!! Pes tus ta ola!

Nighthawk, you know perfectly that I'm a free thinker. This sentence of yours, appropriating MY name was correct, so don't make people make hasty judgements on me AND on you. Geske, don't take him too literally...I know him, well enough.

As for what you wrote, Geske, I don't question that at all. I don't know the man personally, I only make my opinion from what I read. He seems indeed to be a very interesting person, with ideas for a change. Furthermore, he was brave enough to assume the position that he took, during such a turbulent time and particularly in the US. I admire that. I don't know if what I said was misunderstood- the problem with language-, the fact is that it bothers me to see people -who privately have this kind of attitude, who openly criticize the status quo when it has to be criticized and who should feel supported when a public guy like G. is speaking out their own beliefs- incredulous of his genuinity, sincerity and good intentions. I didn't mean that I was surprised to see deeply conventional guys attack him, Geske, I meant those who should be by his side!

I'm not a naive person by the way, though it might appear to be so, and of course one gets misunderstood all the time.

One does get to be misunderstood indeed... :razz: Seriously speaking, though, any public figure will be misunderstood by many more people than he would actually be if it wasn't but for his own circle. Still, Dalaras has his music and a strong personality which is a lot more than most people can say for themselves... I don't believe he'll be taking Prozac in the near future as a result of some people misunderstanding him. :)

You know, I've been thinking lately, that I might possibly be friends, and quite good friends, with someone who doesn't like Dalaras' voice much (though there would be practical problems it we spent much time together), but that I can't imagine myself being friends at all with someone who can't understand and honour the man's personality and opinions. (I don't mean _agree_ with all of them - only most of them...).

This surprises me, and I'm not sure that it really works this way, but it sure feels like it.

Geeske, of course it goes that way.

The voice is not what makes Dalaras so special (at least to me) but the character. I specificaly chose the word "character" instead of opinions.

Would I be here just cause I like/love a man's voice? NO WAY!

Then your situation is an another one than mine, I was loving his voice and songs not even knowing his name, for long 19 years. The rest came afterwards, step by step.

Even a recognition, the greatest amount of these songs I learned in these years, were a work of Stavros Koujoumtzis, I hardly know the face of and a couple of facts from his artistic an personal life.

"The rest is silence".

Therefore I have to disagree here, even if I understand the main direction of this discussion.

Well, the artist is important but I think art (which reflects his self in some way) should come before. People eventually die but their art may remain. And nobody has to even like a certain artist to be a great person, tastes vary as much as people themselves, we're diverse and that's enriching. Just a thought...

Nighthawk, I think you misunderstood me...

What I meant was that to me, the reason I am in a forum is not that I simly like his art, his voice, his songs. I do love them, but that;s not enough for me to join here. If it was so, I should be enrolled in fan clubs of all the artists that I love! But this is not the case...

Dalaras to me, is special because of who he is and what he stands for.

But yes, you are right you don't really have to like a certain artist to appreciate is art.

But yes, you are right you don't really have to like a certain artist to appreciate is art.

...and you don't really have to appreciate the art of an artist to like him (or her) as a human being... :)

Personally, I like Dalaras for what he stands for as far asGreek music is concerned, among other reasons; but it the main reason why I like him. :razz:

Well, I like his music in global terms. And I think I like him as a person too (the "I think" is simply the rational consequence of his not being any close friend of mine or anything). Therefore, I guess I'm his fan as far as that is concerned but I'm sure I'd disagree with him in several ocasions if we talked (as it is normal to disagree with anyone) as I also don't always agree with the songs he chooses to sing - but, of course, some clouds don't make a cloudy day. I don't have to be an absolute fan to participate in a forum where people express ideas and learn with each other, just liking the man and the music is quite alright for me.

Nighthawk you don't have to be an absolute fan. You don't need to be a "fan" in the first place.

I wouldn't like to consider myself as a "fan" anyways.

thelw na kanw ena sxolio gia tin sinenteuksi....

kairo eixa na dw kapoion anthrwpo na ta"xwnei"etsi...

mpravo tou kai magia tou...

den distase na anaferthei akoma kai stin eteria tou...

kai pali mpravo tou!!!

Αυτή τη στιγμή έχουμε το ομορφότερο ον που γεννήθηκε ποτέ στην Ελλάδα, τον Σάκη Ρουβά. Θα ανταγωνιστώ εγώ τον Ρουβά σε επίπεδο εικόνας; Με τι φόντα; Ενδεχομένως, βέβαια, κι ο Ρουβάς να μην μπορεί να ανταγωνιστεί εμένα σε τίποτα άλλο εκτός από αυτό.

I didn't want to open a topic about "το ομορφότερο ον που γεννήθηκε ποτέ στην Ελλάδα, τον Σάκη Ρουβά", but I have to report an incident* that took place some 10 days ago on the French television (Canal+): a journalist (Stephane Bern : you may have heard about him) who was interviewing Sakis Rouvas told the French audience that Rouvas was the best Greek singer today!!!!!!!!!! :vlakas: He obviously could speak some Greek. How dared he state such things? It was about half past eight pm. Many French people could hear him say that! Nobody noticed the perfect stupidity of the statement. I wrote to him am asked him for a correction. No answer until today...

*I do hope I was not the only one to have noticed the incident! I never watch Canal+. Do you think I have got pampered tastes? :razz:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0