Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brett ashley

Latin

78 posts in this topic

Christo, let me tell you, I bought the Latin album 2 or 3 weeks ago and at first, I thought only 3 songs - already mentioned on this topic- were worth the money I paid for it. As time goes by, I find it better, it has become a pleasure listening to it all (Though I still don't like la Bamba, nothing to do with the way he sings it, I just can't stand the song itself), of course there are other albums that I prefer, but I'm discovering its "hidden treasures". :) And I repeat Dalaras sings great in Spanish! :):)

P.S: Your first smilie scared me! :blink: :wow:

Christo,Celeste..........I agree totally with you!! "Latin" is one of my favourite CDs!! And I like the partizipation of Al Di Meola very much. He is a great

guitarist!!

Franz

Michael!!

There is nothing ridiculous or irrational in this sentens of Christo. :)

He only said, that he,,,, unlike other members,like this Album.Nothing more!!

Franz

Franz, thank you for your hint! I am really not sure if the sentence has the meaning you say (to tell you the truth: I still tend to believe that my interpretation was correct :) ). But in order to avoid a conflict for which (perhaps) there may be no reason I deleted my critical posting.

Perhaps Christo can explain us what he meant with this sentence.

("But I unlike the members who don't like this album,

I DO!")

:)

Michael

Try and understand I'm not here to pick a fight with you or anyone else who disliked the Latin Cd.

my words meant

" I disagree with your opinion in that you did not like the Latin album for whatever reason. " Not to say, I dislike you. There's a difference

One that you should see.

I explained my point of view all the qualities the album represents from its project it took on.

The words from this sentence ("But I unlike the members who don't like this album,

I DO!")

simply means, (without mentioning everyones name ) "unlike some members here in the community that do not like the cd, I am also a member here from the same community that does like the cd very much. In other words the complete opposite.

Does that help to clerify now what I meant?

Remember while offering a point of view to a group of people in a society or community (much as it is like understanding Philosophy 101) there will always be an argument behind the theory or in this case belief from those who are philosphers.

Afterall isn't that what Philosophy is

someone to oppose another for reasons that he disagrees or argues is not the better for mankind?

And keep in mind even though its a constructive criticism argument,

it is not suppose to be hostile.

Michael believe it or not

this message comes in peace

so don't take it the wrong way

ok

Hello Christo,

of course I don't take your message in the wrong way. Thank you for explaining what you meant with your statement. If this is what you really wanted to say, it is o.k. of course and I was wrong and have to apologize for my (already deleted :) ) critical comment.

Ouf ( that's a french ouf!, of relief) I'm glad the misunderstanding is over. It only proves that we're all rational beings. :):)

:D

Hello Celeste

It appeared I had a frown on the other day,

So I hereby raise my lips a little higher to make them

shine and hope this is better,.

and please dont get upset i didn't mean to get you worried from my

first post. It was a misunderstand how I phrased my wording

but now thats over with and glad to hear you too like the Latin Cd.

See what Dalaras magic brings to people when you allow that treasure to peek in!

so once again if you miss the smile here it is again

Btw, I liked your photo you posted the last week.

You and your boy are a very nice lovely couple posed together in that picture. I gather he is your son right?

Yes, Christo, I missed the smile and today, you can't imagine how soothing it is - I had a very rough day, and you're the 1st one to make me smile. Efxaristo poli. And, yes, the little boy is my son and believe me I was so upset, that even he didn't make me smile. So you see, you have a kind of magic, and in this case, it's not Dalaras's! :)

'Latin'? I had an opportunity to listen to it a few weeks ago, but I didn't like it that much. No, I will definitely not buy it. I have more interesting Dalaras albums to buy. :D:)

Go for it, Olga! Nick, you should give the album a chance. Believe me it gets better when you listen to it many times. :)

Oh, well... I've listened to it only twice at a friend's home, and the only thing I liked in it was the voice of Dalaras. Anyway, I guess he didn't wait to record 'Latin' to become a successful singer and to be one of the best Greek musicians and singers.

I think that Latin is one of the top 10 albums of Dalaras.

As always, he is into these songs, he knows exactly what he is singing. He is not imitating, but he is truly feeling the words he sings.

I love every song in this album, especially the spanish songs.

(Maybe because I also like the spanish language very much.)

I really didn't know that latin songs had so beautiful lyrics, and it was amazing listening to traditional songs with such a poetical depth.

And on top of that, is the new voice of dalaras.

As you all know, the voice of Dalaras has had many "transformations" as he was growing up and becoming more mature.

I think the latin album is a key-album to the final transformation of the voice of Dalaras.

I mean the soft-tender way of singing which -in my opinion- became afterwards one of his best features.

His voice flows like water and it is crystal clear. And he keeps using it with the agility that he always used to have. It is extremely difficult to sing softly (piano) and use your voice in such a way.

That's why the Latin album amazed me.

Believe me it gets better when you listen to it many times. :)

Nick, I have to agree with Celeste, these songs really do grow on you. And it is not just the Latin album - since I started listening to Greek music, I have come across several songs from different CD's that I have not really liked at first, but subsequently something has attracted my attention and I have changed my opinion. In certain cases, songs I have not liked at all at first have become my favourites! :D

There are, however, one or two songs that I will never grow to like .......

Clear and soft voice, yes, yes, yes.... This is why I can hear for x times one after another Malaguena, Coimbra, El presso numero nueve and "even" Pote min klais, even if the last one is "only" written in a Spanish manner, but this in a masterful way.

And, from the another recordings, a great waltz "Avre tu puerta cerrada" from the "Israel Philharmonic" (I don't know about any other Dalaras' recording of this).

Have you heard that in his version, Nick? If yes, I guess you enjoyed it, if not, you have again something to look for indeed.

And, btw. this "Latin" as a whole would make the music of my name day

:) Just BECAUSE of the features Astron was able to describe well now.

To the transformations of voice: how would Giorgos Dalaras sing NOW the two older and rarrely pearls: "Poios einai telos aytos" and "Na stamatiso on kairo", both "Ilioskoipio", 1971?

Olga am glad you mentioned these 2 rare songs, which are true diamonds.

Just a note: The normal title of "poios einai telos autos" is "aftos pou tha fanerothei".

Well, in the case of "ILIOSKOPIO" I think that although he is very young, he sings as if he was 10 years older. He is extremely strong and confident...

I think that the best performance of Dalaras in this album is "Ligi einai i sarka". It is very very touching.

Anyway, I'll stop here because I can go on speaking about ILIOSKOPIO for hours :)

Maybe it needs a special topic.

Hi all,

Hey almost forgot to mention 1 more important thing,

With the birth of Latin album, gave rise too new songs by Dalaras we've come to grow on within the last 2 years.

For example, 'HASTE SIEMPRE' from his "Asphalotos Poy Trehi" cd

and 'AMORE- AMORE from the Zygos Live cd.

And yet they're probably still more treasures awaiting to come.

This also gave rise to the birth of other songs from different langauges.

Two examples from this I can think of is

"CANZONE PER TE"

from the Live recording with the Katsimihas Brothers

"An Yparhi Logos"

Can anyone tell me if Dalaras is singing in 'Italian' here, as I cannot differentiate between the two languages of both Spanish & Italian?

and the other is from the New CD with Marinella "MAZI"

where he sings on the song "O MARE E TU"

sung in Spanish I think on 1 part (although it could be in Italian not sure though) while Marinella sings the remaining part of the song in Greek.

Does anyone know for sure what language this is in?

:D

Christo, I don't know the song O Mare e tu, but if you take out the e of mare, it could perfectly be portuguese and I say this because of the o, which is a definite article in portuguese. In Spanish, it would be el and in Italian, il. Anyway, as I don't know the song, I cannot say for sure.

Έχει κανείς υπ'όψη του σε ποιούς ανήκουν και σε ποιούς δίσκους βρίσκονται οι πρώτες εκτελέσεις των παρακάτω τραγουδιών που έχουν ερμηνευθεί και από τον ΝΤΑΛΑΡΑ ;

1)LOS GARCEROS

2)EL CASCABEL

3)EL PRESO NUMERO NUEVE

4)ALMA, CORAZON Y VIDA

5)UNA MONEDA LE DI

6)AL BOHIO

7)FADO CORRIDO DE COIMBRA

8)QUE NADIE SEPA MI SURFRIR

9)EL EMIGRANTE (J.VALDERAMA)

10)AVRE TU PUERTA CERRADA

11)SHAI

12)NOCHES NOCHES

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0