Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RENA

ΝΕΑ ΣΥΜΜΕΤΟΧΗ

33 posts in this topic

I don't like "Mystika".I don't know why.

Me too, I dont like this song.

And as always its very difficult to explain the reason why..but for sure not because its a ballad, as normally I like slow songs.

I listened again (for the 3rd time) although I have this Cd now some weeks. This tells already how much I like the whole thing!!

To my opinion the music of the song Mystica is boring and Dalaras voice is too high for this song. I noticed this when with the last part Antonis Vardis is joining in with his dark voice. Of course Vardis doesnt have a dark voice, but in this song and compared to Dalaras its dark. I think this song would be better with a broken voice. Dalaras voice is too smooth.

Maybe Maxairitsas' voice would be good with this song.

I think it's an average song. Not too bad, but not too good either.

I think that Dalaras could have done better with the specific song, but of course it's a vardis song and he always gets influenced in some way by the writer of the song. And especially the refrain sounds much like the "vardis singing way"... (those who have listened to vardis singing know what I mean)

Generaly I like very much the guitar solo, but I think that the refrain (both music and lyrics) are very typical.

I enjoy listening to the song but it's not one of those "great" songs.

You agree with the comment of the article(?):

Καταρχήν 10 θαυμάσια τραγούδια, το καθένα προορισμένο για να γίνει επιτυχία, να τραγουδηθεί και να καθιερωθεί με τα χρόνια ως κλασικό!

In simple words, I think it's exaggerating! It doesn't have to do with diachronic successes or anything. Nor with musical innovations in the melody of the songs! Most of the melodies are something between folk and pop. There is some electronic sound in some pieces, and the slow ballad piece that Dalaras sings..

About the lyrics, that according to the article, wasn't tiring at all, pay some attention :

In the song "Θέλω να μάθει" Remos sings:

"Είσαι ο καφές που καίει τα χείλη μου [...] Θέλω να μάθει πώς ξεψυχάω, πως κλαίω τις νύχτες γι'αυτή" and in some other point Vardis comforts him: "Μην κλαις!!!".

Έλεος!! Όχι τόσο κλάμα βρε παιδιά,θα πάθετε τίποτα!!

Ok, seriously, with leciency, I find the album indifferent and I don't think these songs will stay on the top for longer than this winter... No word about becoming classical, as the author of the article admits!

Concerning the song "Mystika", I think Dalaras interpreted it very well, but the lyrics and the music unfortunately, couldn't stand on the same level with the interpretation.. When I first heard it on the radio, I thought: ok, very nice interpretation, but very poor the meaning of the song!

Alexiou's song was better, I think.

To musiccorner.gr γενικώς δεν μας έχει συνηθίσει να μας παρουσιάζει κριτικές στις οποίες να φαίνεται η πραγματική γνώμη του συντάκτη για το κάθε CD. Όλα τα CD τα βρίσκει τέλεια (έχουν γράψει δηλαδή πολύ χειρότερα από αυτά που λέγονται στην προκειμένη περίπτωση για το CD του Βάρδη..).. επομένως δεν μπορεί να θεωρηθεί ότι κάνει ένα είδος κριτικής εκτός πια αν τα πάντα στην ελληνική δισκογραφία βαίνουν καλώς. :pity: :lol: :lol:

I think Dalaras interpreted it very well, but the lyrics and the music unfortunately, couldn't stand on the same level with the interpretation..

Finally I found this page.

I read most of the opinions...Many people liked the song and some didn't like it. But I was astonished by Eleni's comment about the lyrics!!!!!

Το πρόσωπό σου μια σελήνη

μες στην οθόνη τ ουρανού

When I bought the (double) CD I did so because Dalaras was participating in it! Of course his performance was extraordinary...the music was sweet and the lyrics...wow :wow:

They oblige you (or most of you) to identify yourselves with the artist!

You can feel through them and through Dalaras' voice that this is not a song... it is a prayer to his beloved. Describing her "sacred" face and eyes...seeking the liberation and absolution with her...an ecstatic atmosphere with a night-trip through a heavenly dream...

Do I sound exaggerating? It is not just because I could link (and identify) myself with that song... My friends who heard the song agreed with me.

Once I read in the "in.gr" : Ο Γιώργος Νταλάρας ερμηνεύει το καλύτερο κομμάτι του CD.

I couldn't agree more :)

:wow:

When I bought the (double) CD I did so because Dalaras was participating in it! Of course his performance was extraordinary...the music was sweet and the lyrics...wow :)

They oblige you (or most of you) to identify yourselves with the artist!

You can feel through them and through Dalaras' voice that this is not a song... it is a prayer to his beloved. Describing her "sacred" face and eyes...seeking the liberation and absolution with her...an ecstatic atmosphere with a night-trip through a heavenly dream...

Do I sound exaggerating? It is not just because I could link (and identify) myself with that song... My friends who heard the song agreed with me.

For me, Βασίλης Γιαννόπουλος (Vasilis Giannopoulos) is one of the best lyric-writers today in Greece! I think, here we can (could) really speak of a succession of the "veterans" like Lefteris Papadopoulos, Kostas Virvos etc. (together with some others who some of them also cooperated with Vardis, especially Panos Falaras and Andonis Andrikakis).

We "could"! The sad thing in case of Vasilis Giannopoulos is, that to my mind he writes his lyrics simply in the wrong times: To his lyrics would fit perfectly either typical "laika" songs or sometimes "soft", romantic, melodic songs. But unfortunately in most of the cases they were set to music with the shallow electronic and/or rock sound which is popular today. Varying Eleni's comment I would say: The music often cannot stand on the same level with Giannopoulos' lyrics. Therefore these lyrics often lose their charme (at least for me). :music:

This applies also to his numerous cooperations with Andonis Vardis. Vardis is (was?) a wonderful composer but I am disappointed by many of the songs he writes during the last years. This record we are speaking about ("O,ti eho sto xarizo") is also not so good as I would have expected. (Always speaking about the music, not the lyrics.)

Concerning the song with Dalaras ("Mystika"): Not bad, but by far not one of my favourite songs by Vardis. You are right, Panos: The music is in a certain way sweet, but I fear that without Dalaras' performance I would simply find it quite boring. :wow: (And I repeat: The music is to blame, not the lyrics.)

For me the best title of this double CD is the only really "laiko" song: "Ola einai mia xhmeia" (performed by Vardis himself). From the first tunes of the introduction a masterpiece! :wow:

And a really ennoying detail about this CD:

On the front side of the cover you can find only the name of Andonis Vardis. The name of Vasilis Giannopoulos (the lyric-writer of allmost all the songs) is hidden on the back side.:D The effect: I made the experience that people often think that the lyrics were also written by Andonis Vardis.

The music is in a certain way sweet, but I fear that without Dalaras' performance I would simply find it quite boring. :wow: (And I repeat: The music is to blame, not the lyrics.)

Of course! It's Dalaras' performance that made the song not boring. The music is sweet but it needed some "elaboration"...

After all, if it didn't need this kind of adjustment in performance, Vardhs wouldn't have given the song to Dalaras :):wow:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0