Anna

Dalaras at Stockholm

43 posts in this topic

The Greek music magazine 'Difono' announces a concert:

Dalaras at Stockholm the 20th of October

Does anybody know something more about it??

Was there anything about a concert in Finland in Difono? If there will be no concert here I could come to Stockholm. It's unbelievable how late the concert schedule is announced - it's only a few days to 20th!

Dalaras will perform at Solnahallen in Stockholm at the 20th of October 7:30!!

The tickets costs 240 and 320 Swedish crownes. You can get them through BiljettDirekt (ticket office) 077 170 70 70 or the Greek Society 627 00 27.

I haven't found anything on the internet about it.

I'm going to my first Dalaras concert! I'm so excited!

Anybody else coming?

Yiapos, I tried to use the internetbooking at ticnet. se, they don't know anything about this Dalaras concert. What did I do wrong ( you know, my Swedish is not the best!)?

Maybe it's better to use the phone!?!

Try to behave like a gentleman, young man! And don't forget, we will expect a full report from the professional singer's point of view !!

Many thanks for the information, Anna - it worked!   And just in time as they are nearly sold out.  So I have my ticket, or at least I will have when I get to Stockholm.  See you all there.      

Have fun you all. And I hope to see some of you next week in Amsterdam (received the tickets today - Jipieeeeeeeee).

Micki  :D

Hello all! Where to #### you have stolen all the time,to go to the concerts? I would like to go too,but I have no time. Please give my greetings to G.DALARAS.

Well alright, here comes a short summary of yesterday's concert.

I must begin to say that it was kind of a strange experience to stand together with all the Greek people outside the concert hall. Everybody spoke greek and looked greek, but everywhere there were signs in swedish ,making a very strange contrast to all the people. Unfortunately, I had not had the time to meet with the other members, who had gathered before the concert at a restaurant.

Anyway, the concert was about half an hour late, and when I arrived, there were very few people there, but people dropped in i a steady stream and when the show started, the arena was full indeed.

The band started playing an instumental piece and then h walked in on stage, and was met by a great roar. The show then started (or possibly not, I have a very bad memory regarding song order and suchlikes) with a version of Enas kombos i chara mou which included a nice 'Finnish tango' sequence between two verses. There were also some more songs including a couple from his new album (anyone who was there is welcome to help me with  remembering the programme if you know it). Then the female singer (whose name I don't remember) sang a couple of songs  before Dalaras finished off thefirst part of the show by singing some covers of old Greek songs that I didn't recognize at all (but my father did).

In the breaak, all Greek people gathered in a corridor and smoke (as you know, all Greek people smoke ;) ) and they managed to fill the corridor completely with smoke in about ten minutes. This made some Swedish people rather upset and they could be found muttering under their breaths as they fled the field.

After the break, Dalaras started to play some more old covers before he suddenly started to move into an older programme. He dedicated Mi mou thimoneis to some friends from Norway, Finland and Germany (perhaps some we all know ?) and then went on with O ouranos feugis varys and also Stin Alana. By this time, an impromptu dancing group had formed at one side of the hall and were tested by Dalaras in a very fast finish of a song.

Through the whole concert, Dalaras also sang a couple of old laika songs that are mostly known through Kazantzidis (who can be read about in another thread somewhere) and sometime in the second part he also made a dedication 'To the one who tought him to sing' followed by a very known song (that I don't remember the name of, of course, since I seem to be very bad at song names).

On the whole I must say that I was very, very impressed with Dalaras and the way he was able to sing live. I mean, he really sings a lot better live than on his recordings (something I actually had my doubts about, sorry), and there is simply no way to describe how powerful his voice is. He also made a very nice bouzouki taximi at the beginning of a song and played some nice guitar also. Totally fantastic.

Any contributions, such as names of songs, songorder or whatever, are greatly appreciated.

Andreas

Well, I was thinking about to open a new thread, but as Andreas wrote here, I'll continue here!

Maybe you read now somethings Andreas told already, but I was sitting at Arland airport Stockholm, waiting for the plane to Duesseldorf. As we don't have the Euro yet, I spent the last Swedish coins in a pot of coffee, lighted a cigarette, relaxed and wrote down the impressions of the past σαββατοκύριακο...

I compared: last week Frankfurt, and Saturday Stockholm.

Within only 9 days 2 concerts, but what a difference!

Frankfurt, Alte Oper, old, respectful building. festive atmosphere, warm, exclusive, cosy armchairs, I think about 5.000 people.

Stockholm, Solnahallen, new, sober, built for basketball, with the special atmosphere of these sportshalls.

Plastic folding chairs, numbered by handwritten labels ( thank you to the one who did this work 2.000 times!)

And as different as the places was the performance on stage!

Frankfurt, as it was a special event for the Bookfair, serious, quiet, no joining-in for the spectators possible. Dalaras wearing a suit and accompanied by a foreign sinfonic orchestra.

At Solnahallen just the opposite. 'His' musicians (but I missed Fillipos Tsemberoulis!) and Dalaras wearing the wellknown black cord jackett! They started very loud ( in the beginning even too loud) lively, and once again a concert he could do with the audience! And he liked and enjoyed it so much! Seemed he missed this kind of performance! You can see from his face, how much he liked. As far as I watched, he never smiled at a concert as much as he did on Saturday!

The concert went from 20.00h to 23.00h, only a short interval of 10 min, only 4-5 songs by Maria Iakobou ( you remember, the one with this beautiful dress in Frankfurt!), the rest?! the best: Dalaras.

The program was similar to the concerts of the Greek tour this year ( but without Christos Thimbeios)

Kate Francis tried to wroite down the songs, I hope she'll add them.

And here are some special highlights from the first part, of course my point of view!

- mia vradia sto Leverkusen

- Theos an einai!!!!!!!!! this time with bouzouki. How long was the intro this time?

- Hasta siempre ,Manolis Karandidis is getting a perfect player with this rhythm instruments!!!!

After the intervall Maria Iakobou started with the song 'Dynata, dynata' and it went on like this.

Petros Kourtis and the other guy, sorry I don't know his name) started with an amazing drum solo  ( 5 min. )the next song. Bregovic's 'nichta'!! Just gorgeous!!

Some songs later, I was just focussing the zoom on Dalaras' face, when he looked directly into my lens! And started to talk in English!!

Shock, immediatly I logged the camera and listened.

What did he say? I only remember: Welcome to friends of Finland, Germany and Norway ( Who told him??? And who,the #### forgot England???)

And he continued: thank you for coming and joining the concert! This song is for you!

And he started very slowly and concentrated.... 'mi mou thimonis matia mou'

Γιώργο, ευχαριστώ!!

And when it was almost the end, another of my favourites: Σ' αγαπώ, γιατί είσ' ωραία!!

To say in one sentence, one of the best concerts I've ever been to. And I'll always remember!!

Some may say, crazy, to go to Stockholm, just for a concert! Of course, less sleep, but so much pleasure! No, it was worth it and je ne regrette riens!!

And a very nice end of this short trip, sitting in a Greek taverna in Stockholm, Kate Francis, me and Dalaras!

No, not personally, but there was a framed poster, advertising this concert, just in front of our table!

Once again a beautiful photo, and as it was the same on the ticket, I'm already able to add it!

Have a look!  

post-06098-ticket.JPG

This I have to add!

Thank you very much to Hedda!! Without her information I wouln't have got a ticket!!

Thank you Andreas and Anna, I really envy you.

Anna, Kate told me that she hopes you will post the songs... :sarcasm:

Maybe nobody told him. Maybe he read it in the forum. Come on. Give him some credit.

Anna, if you were in the US I would tell you: "I hear you sister"

But now, I can only say thanks. Because you are really good. You know when he is enjoying. And that is when the best times happen.

First I was a bit dissappointed when I heard he was performing at Solnahallen which is not really made for concerts. It was a weird feeling waking up Saturday morning knowing I was going to my first Dalaras concert. Me and my Mum has been completely nuts the whole week not beeing able to concentrate on anything..I didn't understand he was really there until he got on stage and was greeted with a great roar.. The concert was just fabulous, I don't have anything to compare with but he seemed to enjoy it so much and the band was great, especially the percussionists. I had the great pleasure to meet both Anna and Kate before the concert and I hope we'll meet again at other concerts.

Since there was no program I don't remember the exact order of the songs but I knew almost all of them. Maybe I can fill some gaps if you need, Kate. I don't have much to add after Andreas and Anna, it was just great and I will remember it forever.

I believe he is always at his happiest when the audience are joining in with him.  That's when the concerts are so special.

So glad that Hedda enjoyed her first concert so much and the rest of you too enjoyed it so much.

And Andreas fancy not believing us when we said that we sounds better live!!! :cool:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead