Kenan Basar

Your Top 10 Dalaras Songs!

82 posts in this topic

Mine is 'hand' numbered, but I was sure it is first edition.

Just a little story about my 'μουσικό κουτί':

(Nikola, you don't have to read, you know already!)

May 1997 holidays on Karpathos, as you may remember, my favorite island for holidays!

On the whole island there is only one small music-shop. The owner knows me and so he told me, there's something new from Dalaras, to mousiko kouti, a box with 9cd's, 1 cd-rom, and a booklet. Shall I order it for you from Athens? I didn't know.

The box came, I had a look on it and on the price!! and I said, no thank you, most of these songs I have already and what do I do with this cd-rom without a computer!!

So I left when holidays were over.

I came there again in October 1997 for the next holidays.

First evening, everything was already closed, I passed this music-shop, looked into the window: to mousiko kouti, decorated on a table, was still waiting for me. Is true, this guy only ordered one example and no one bought it. So I took it home in October.

And about the price, for me it was more expensive. As I wanted to play this cd-rom, I had to buy a computer!!

Dear sirs,

Here is my favourite top five in english.

1) Notos

2) Aspro peristeri

3) Paraponema logia

4) Didimoticho blues

5) Ola kala

6) itan pende itan exi

Well, it's very difficult for me to choose among Dalarases'songs, but I'll try... Just note that these songs are just my favorite this time. It's certain that as time passes they change... So:

1:Μη την πιστεύεις την αγάπη

2:Το τελευταίο αντιο

3:Μη μου θυμώνεις μάτια μου

4:Για πάρε γύφτο

5:Ένας κόμπος η χαρά μου

6:Δεν επιτρέπεται

7:Δεν θέλω πια

8:Έχω ένα καφενέ

9:Παραπονεμένα λόγια

10:Το πεπρωμένο

TOP 5

--------

1) H FANTASIA

2)TO PEPRWMENO

3)O KAFENES

4)TO GKARANTI

5)O OYRANOS FEYGEI BARYS

If you wanna go for a TOP 100 I`M IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DALARAS MADNESS!!!!!!!

My TOP 10 is:

1.Hlie mou se parakalo

2.Paraponemena logia

3.Horos Zeibekidon

4.To pepromeno

5.Thelo na ta po

6.Pou 'ne ta hronia

7.Didimoteiho blues

8.An iparhi logos

9.Hasta siempre

10.Vrehei sti ftohogitonia

Some of these songs are not originaly his,but have been sang by Goerge better that any ather singer or musician

I think everybody finds this difficult to limite to ten for favourite songs. 'Aferimeni' as I always am and also being busy with something (Geeske, how do you translate : Ik heb geen zitvlees ?), it can change a lot. But there are songs that will always be in my Top Ten:

1. An iparchi logos

2. Theos an inai

3. Mia vradia sto Leverkόsen

4. K'an se thelo, k'an me theleis

5. Agrigento

6. Hasta Siempre

7. Den thelo pia na xanartheis

Ach, every song reminds me of something that happened in my life. Most of them (lucky me) good times, sometimes sad moments. But who else than Dalaras can with one song, without knowing you personal, express what you feel? I don't know any one else. He has it all.

Geia sas,

Micki

Micki,I believe George can't express what we feel with his songs,but because of the great music and the meaningful lyrics his songs have,you project your feelings on the song withought even thinking about it! If these songs had been sung by any ather singer,the inpact wouldn't have been the same  noway!And that ofcourse is because of his voice!

Kosta,

Of course. You are right. I know that he can't express our personal feelings, moods, emotions, etc.

But it sure feels that way ... and I'm glad for it.

Micki

Of course Dalaras DOES express what we feel, when he sings. That is the whole point.

He expresses what he feels, and at some point in my life I feel exactly the same, of just the opposite, or a little similar... Whatever, I experience something that makes me relate to the song.

And because he is so very, very expressive, I recognize what he sings. And feel his singing expresses it better, than I ever could myself. It can even make clear to me just what it is, that I feel.

The 'recognizing', that is the very thing that makes art work.

Weel Geeske,my opinion is that because,as you said,he is so expresive,he performs his songs in such a way (meaningful way) that makes the lyrics that are great,touch you.But the songs,and more specificaly the lyrics,are the ones that can express in every detail what you feel.That's my personal opinion.

Ofcourse for people that are not Greek and cannot understand completely the lyrics and the everyday Greek lifestyle that the lyrics inflect,what is more touching is his voice and his performance.That is touching for Greeks too,but for me,the lyrics overcome even his great performance (ofcourse as I said before,this is only my personal opinion). :)

However I must add,that there are some songs that gain a completely new meaning and sence,because of George's increadible performance!

(Edited by Kostas at 1:59 am on Sep. 11, 2001)

Kosta, I'd be the last to argue the importance of the lyrics: I'm learning Greek in order to understand them... I could say, it was the voice that caught me, but the words that tied me.

Well, the lyricks indeed are very important, but we shouldn't forget that music itself, alone, is way of expression. There are certain melodies, without lyricks that can make your mind travel. They can appease our soul. And many of Dalarases songs (others more known, others less) have great melodies. For example "Μη την πιστεύεις την αγάπη" or "Ταξίδι στα Κύθηρα" and of course "Μη μου θυμώνεις μάτια μου" and also "Αγάπη διχασμένη" and many many more. The lyricks are fantastic but a song is also the music. And feelings are generated by both lyricks and music. A song is the combination of these two elements.

And of course it's Dalarases voice and his magnificent performances that make us recognise our feelings in his songs and link them to certain events of our lives. When we say that he expresses our feelings, we don't mean that he actually feels the way we do, or that he has experianced what we are going through (though it's not impossible) but that he has the ability to feel what the song really talks about and what feelings it arises, to understand why there is a La here instead of a Re, and to see exactly how each verse should be sang and each note should be played in order to make these feelings clear to us and make us feel the way he felt by going deep in this particular song.

In short terms, we mean that he has the ability to become one with the song and therefore express it in a remarkable way. His performances are magnificent and touching because they are authentic, they come from inside, as all great performances come. At least that's the way I see it... Being a singer it's much more complicated than just saying the lyricks and requires much more than a good voice.

SPQR, I like your example of Taxidi sta Kythira. It was one of the songs that "caught" me (and one of the first for which I managed to obtain the meaning of the words).

Others where the melody was especially meaningful to me, from the first, are "Agapi" and "O thanatos ton Poiti", "O ouranos fevgi varys" and... no, I'll stop here.

It is unusual, I think, for songs to have so much power even when the lyrics are not understood.

But I never got really, really addicted until I started learning the language. I don't know what I'd do without him at the moment.

The choice is difficult.But the topic gives as a chance to search our preferences deeper.My 5 favorites are:

a)To sakkaki mou ki an stazei

b)To pepromeno (of course!)

c)Hlie mou se parakalw

d)Xarokopou (Stis parages)

e)Stin alana

Ιt's very difficult to choose 10 songs because I like almost all his songs.

1)Οι ελεύθεροι κι ωραίοι

2)Στην αλάνα

3)Κάνε λιγάκι υπομονή

4)Φορτώθηκα της τύψης μου

5)Εγώ ποτε δεν αγαπώ

6)Χαιδάρι

7)Το σπίτι μου το πατρικό

8)Στο καπηλειό

9)Βρέχει στη φτωχογειτονά

10)Ο τραγουδιστής

Μιας και οι λίστες με τα αγαπημένα έχουν την τιμητική τους αυτές τις μέρες, εγώ, θα ήθελα να ξεκινήσω από τούτο εδώ το topic. Και πριν αναφέρω τα τραγούδια, να πω το εξής: είναι επιλογή δέκα τραγουδιών του Γιώργου Νταλάρα που με έχουν σημαδέψει. Είναι τραγούδια που έχουν να κάνουν με πολύ χαρακτηριστικές στιγμές της ζωής μου ή με πολύ έντονα συναισθήματα. Τραγούδια που σχεδόν δεν περνά μέρα χωρίς να τα τραγουδήσω. Τραγούδια που αν παίξουν π.χ. στο ραδιόφωνο θα σταματήσω ότι κάνω για να τα ακούσω. Θα περιοριστώ σε δισκογραφημένα τραγούδια.

1. Αγάπη

2. Της αγάπης αίματα

3. Μη μου θυμώνεις μάτια μου (από το Ισραήλ)

4. Γυρισμός

5. Κάπου νυχτώνει

6. Απ΄τη συνοικία

7. Όταν ανθίζουν πασχαλιές

8. Κάποιος χτύπησε την πόρτα

9. Παραπονεμένα λόγια

10. Ήλιε μου σε παρακαλώ

Η σειρά είναι τυχαία, εκτός από την "Αγάπη". Αν έπρεπε να διαλέξω μόνο ένα τραγούδι να με συντροφεύει στη ζωή μου ή και πέρα από αυτή, θα ήταν αυτό. :D

Δέκα "μαύρα" τραγούδια του ΓΙΩΡΓΟΥ, αλλά πολύ-πολύ αγαπημένα μου :

1)Είμαι ένα κορμί χαμένο

2)Πάνε να πεις

3)Με βρήκε ο χάρος

4)Μνημόσυνο

5)Πίσω από μαύρα σίδερα

6)Έβγαλα τα μέσα έξω

7)Έτσι κι αλλιώς σε περιμένω

8)Το τραγούδι της βροχής

9)Μόνος

10)Σε φεγγάρια λυπημένα

...Δεν μπορώ κι εγώ να μην μπω στον πειρασμό περασμένες 3:00...Ιδού λοιπόν...:

1. Χάντρα στο κομπολόι σου

2. Αχ,τι άδικο

3. Δίχως την καρδούλα σου

4. Αθήνα

5. Ο ουρανός φεύγει βαρύς

6. Έχω ένα καφενέ

7. Νύχτα(live από το Παλλάς)

8. Βαμμένα κόκκινα μαλλιά

9. Σταυρός του νότου

10. Θα'ρθω να σε ξυπνήσω

Και τώρα...Τι κατάλαβα,που άφησα απέξω το "Βρέχει στη φτωχογειτονιά",το "Αν σε δω σε ξένα χέρια",το "Προαίσθημα",το "Χορό των Κυκλάδων",το "Πέτρα πέτρα χτίσαμε",το "Φορτηγό",το "Σ' αυτή την πόλη",το "Ήταν πέντε ήταν έξι",το "Μεθυσμένα τραγούδια",το "Θα'ρθω να σε βρω",τον "Παλιό στρατιώτη",το "Τι να σας πω γυναίκες",το "Απ' τη συνοικία"...Την απίστευτη ερμηνεία του "Στο ίδιο έργο θεατές" και "Στο μεταξύ η Ελλάδα ταξιδεύει"...Αμάν...Αυτή είναι η "οπωσδήποτε δεκάδα της ζαβολιάς"...Δεν υπάρχει δεκάδα...!!!Τέλος!!! :music::music::music::music::wow::D

.Δεν υπάρχει δεκάδα...!!!Τέλος!!!  :music:  :music:  :huh:  :music:  :wow:  :D

Συμφωνώ ΑΠΟΛΥΤΑ!!!!!!!!

Για προσωπικούς μόνο λόγους και για επειδή μου αρέσουν οι ρουμπίτσες :music: γουστάρω και φτιάχνομαι όποτε ακούω το Καλή τύχη live

Δέκα "μαύρα" τραγούδια του ΓΙΩΡΓΟΥ, αλλά πολύ-πολύ αγαπημένα μου :

10)Σε φεγγάρια λυπημένα

Το τραγούδι "Σε φεγγάρια λυπημένα" ήθελα να το βάλω στη δική μου δεκάδα. Προτίμησα να του δώσω λίγο χρόνο, να δω αν θα αντέξει στη συνείδηση και την καρδιά μου. Πάντως, αυτή τη στιγμή απλά με τρελαίνει.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead