Kenan Basar

Your Top 10 Dalaras Songs!

82 posts in this topic

hey hey hey

I was kidding. The song is called the eihth wonder and says "God must have been verry happy when you were born". Isn't that how his biography would start?

That's one of the manymanymany songs I've yet to hear, then.

Yes, the line a good start for a biography.

Is there a Dalaras biography - as a book or something, I mean?

It seems no one answered to your question!

Geeske, you should buy 'to mousiko kouti'! There's beside 9cd, 1cd-rom and the biographie!!

I've just had a look at my earlier postings in this thread: it's not that long ago but none of the listes is what I would call my favourites for today. I've got to know SO MANY more songs since!! And I'm not making a list ever again: it's impossible...

Hi  Anna

my music box is 2913/5000

Shoot, and I bought mine early on when it was first released here in the states?  How did you get such a low number before us?  

Maybe it was released in Europe first before issuing it to the states.

Geekse I am very grateful for this music box although expensive its definately worth the money!

It has most of all the rare recordings Dalaras sang such as 'John Barleycorn', 'O Ti Kian Po Den Se Ksehno', 'Ta Nea Tis Alexandras',  and of course

'Didimotiko Blues'.

It's really the "Ultimate Collectors Item" to have for a fan of Dalaras treasure item!

Christo, the music box is the best i agree.. The cool thing to have done  though, is to take it to a show and have him sign it on the front....A Dalaras signed box set would be invaluable some day!! Remember there were only 5000 made....That brings me to an interesting question? What did you guys pay for the box set? I am curious because i know they went from 趚-跾 dollars when they were available....I just want to know what you paid for your box set?Also what serial number?I know that they are all sold and probably worth much more now.Who knows in 10-20 years they will be like gold..Not that i would ever sell mine...Its staying in the Dalaras musium forever........

I don't remember mine's serial by heart, I will tell you tomorrow. Sarantiis, mine is signed by Dalaras and says "Sto Nikola me agapi". Although they made it as a present to me, I know persons who bought it from 42000 to 55000. Drahmas of course.

Saranti the reatil price was 跌

But I had a discount from GMV at the time so I think overall it was 趚.00

Yes I should get mine autographed too, for it will be priceless someday but alas I won't sell mine either.  

The serial# is 2913

Whats yours?

BTW I'm still waiting for you to email me from my last reply I made on the musicians?

I bought it for 40,000 drh (贄, today's dolars) the first week of its release. The price today at greekcityvideo.com is 趄

Christo,im sorry ,did i miss something? what was your question again ?and i will e-mail you...send me your e-mail address again to make sure i have it...

Saranti

You can email me here through messenger just click above and you should see my email awaiting for you to read.

It's basically  the same question that Geeske was asking you

What do those musicians that toured with Dalaras like to do off the stage??

Are they beer drinkers like some of the Irish?  

lol

no pun intended

Mine has serial number 1662

(bought from a small shop in Athens a couple of years ago)

Concerning the price, I do not remember.

Anyway, we should not to be too proud about possessing one of 5000 boxes because when these samples were out of stock Minos released a second edition (I do not know how many boxes). This enraged some owners of the "first" box (I remember some letters in the periodical "Difono" ) but we must accept that there exist more than 5000 boxes.

Michael, we should be proud to have one of the first run of the original 5000...So, if there is a second run it would not be of the first run,now would it??Nor would it have a serial number under 5000....So, you dont have to be proud of yours .I'll be proud of mine......

Anyway, the number of 10,000 is still a low one. Besides, the second edition is clearly a second edition, they don't have a serial number. Sarantiis I am sure you will now find only second edition. Something I like is that the serial is written by hand. Mine is 4798. Close to the end! As I see, it is very expensive abroad!

Worth its price - I believe you.

But me, I'll just have to forget it, at least for now.

It costs just about all I earn in a month. (My own fault for spending my time on history and greek instead of earning money - one has to take the bad with the good).

this thread is acting all funny, the boxes containing the posts are suddenly too wide for the screen! they never used to do that?

My music box is second edition and it is still numbered, I have 0162/5000 of the second edition and paid CY110 which is about 150$ in Cyprus.

I think they might still have some in Nicosia in Virgin Records, which is where I found mine, I had been looking for some time, and they received the second batch.

Anyway well worth the money mine is played all the time.

Lynne,Nikola   now im confused.Are the second run of box sets numbered or not? What is different about the second set?I still feel that 10,000 is a low number and i would have no problem with them running a million of them.Let the whole world enjoy it as much as us!!! All i know is that mine is a first run box set..serial number 3588.......Mine was bought in Greece and given to me as a gift soon after they were released.I do want to get two more box sets for my two sons,so if anyone knows where there might be two first run sets(first 5000) i am interested...hopefully unopened.

Sarantis, mine is definitely numbered and it has the word ΕΠΑΝΕΚΔΟΣΗ 0162/5000 printed on the front, which means re-issue doesn't it?

Anyway there is no first issue left in Cyprus or Greece according to Virgin.  I bought mine nearly two years ago so maybe there aren't any 2nd issue left either now.

Saranti

As Lynne says, they are numbered, I wasn;t sure about this. But I knew that they do mention that they are second edition and that is what makes them different from the first one...!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead