Antometrios

Ilie Mou Se Parakalo

6 posts in this topic

Greetings, fellow fans. I'm a newbie, and this is my first "new topic." I hope I do not waste your time with it. I discovered the music of Dalaras last summer but became a true probably after hearing Ilie Mou Se Parakalo (which I at that time thought to be called "Ta Poulia "). I'm very ignorant as to the finer details of Greek music, artists, and so forth--despite that I now consider such to be my passions--and I am only beginning to learn about the greatest singer, in my mind, Dalaras (duh). At any rate, I have assumed after hearing the reaction of the audience to his powerful first words, "Ta poulia," that this is, or at least was, one of his greatest songs; I am liable to think so, myself. Yet I've only heard his live recording, and he doesn't even sing the refrain! It is not that I dislike the crowd's participation (in fact I find it more fun to sing along with as a result), but I would like to experience the song that these people had heard before going to his concert and making a new version. This is somehow relavent....

Oh yes--does anyone know on what album Ta Poulia were first sung about? It is even worth checking out, or is the live recording simply superior? Um ... zito Ellas! Okay, I'm done. Thanks, everyone.

Good morning, kalimera, Antometrios! The first recording of this Manos Loizos/Lefteris Papaadopoulos song was 1972, on the "Na'xame, ti na'xame".

You can find such infos in the part "Stixoi" looking on the left part of the screen, while you open the site. Then you have the songs in alphabetical order.

Songs shortened in the live performance or recording (which one is this, you mean now?), yes, it happens, even in the most "classic" songs he sings.

This is one from the two very very favourest Dalaras' songs

I think it's one of the best Greek songs............

The video you said about Francois makes me shiver.....

This is one from the two very very favourest Dalaras' songs

I think it's one of the best Greek songs............

The video you said about Francois makes me shiver.....

What is that video? Where can I find it? Tell me, my father is being generous these days.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead