Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
celeste

Mana Mou Hellas

21 posts in this topic

Hi, guys!

I'd like to know in which CD is Mana Mou Hellas because I have it in a CD that belongs to a collection "Musique du Monde". It is sung by a Dimitri Delinikolas. As a matter of fact, I love the song and had it translated once by a greek friend. But I'd love to hear the Dalaras's version. Thanks.

TOTE ETIMASU GIA MEGALI SINGINISI......

I MEAN, PREPARE YOURSELF FOR A BIG HEART EXCITEMENT.....

AND I FORGOT THAT YOU ARE NOT GREEK...

BUT I LOVE FADO :music:

...afu ine ELLINAS...

?????????

This is uncalled-for jingoism !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know many Greeks (inckuding singers :pity: ) who can't sing.

I eventually heard the song Mana Mou Hellas.

Beautiful. There are no words...

Milles fois merci, Geske!

As for the comparison with the version by that Delinikolas guy, well... I have someone at home-whose name I won't pronounce- who dared to say that the version by Dalaras is less interesting than the other. This person should have his head stuck in a saucepan and have someone bang the saucepan with a hammer until he cried for mercy!

I have weird fantasies... :blink:

Celeste, the only way to have a more beautiful version of that song (than the one on the Ksarchakos - Live sto Pallas record) is to have Dalaras sing it live in front of you. You don't die of it - you just wish you could.

Nighthawk?!

CRIME.

Right. I've been thinking of more sophisticated ways of torture. Like, listening to Julio Iglesias and son 3 days in a row....maybe, even that is not enough. I'll stick to the saucepan and the hammer, eh, eh.

Celeste, the only way to have a more beautiful version of that song (than the one on the Ksarchakos - Live sto Pallas record) is to have Dalaras sing it live in front of you. You don't die of it - you just wish you could.

Geske, je crois qu'il vaut mieux te repondre en prive...

Well, I know Nighthawk will try to defend himself but I SWEAR he had this reaction!

We have a singer whose name is Ze Cabra, which means Jo the Goat because ...he sings like a goat! That would be a solution....

:razz: Truly funny! :)

No, I will not try to defend myself. Apart from the fact that I was mostly kidding. But if you really want a short review, I think Delinikolas' version is, naturally, less complex and drier, if you know what I mean. I also thought Dalaras somewhat exaggerated in some longer notes and made the music too melancholic and too little revolted. Of course, that's a possible reading of the song... Furthermore, it was a live recording... Anyway, I'm still not used to his version, that's all. And that's my CRIME.

Yes... You really don't need to shout to be heard...

There are millions of musicians in the world and many know how to do things. I admit it's an interesting version and I'm very glad I got to know it. Still, there's a Portuguese saying that goes "nem oito nem oitenta" (neither eight nor eighty). Do you get my drift? Do I like it? Yes. But despite Dalaras knowing what he does, I still believe there's a touch of revolt in the song that might somehow have been a little put aside in favor of the melancholic side of it. It could be better balanced but that was probably a choice and that's also merely an unbiased opinion - from a musician, mediocre and unknown as I may be, too.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0