Vasos

Dalaras And Bouzouki Constructors

5 posts in this topic

This summer until now I have been working in my cousins store who is a constructor of musical insruments(bouzouki,tzoura,baglama,guitar).His father,I mean my uncle,is a constructor too and he is very experienced in this job.Well,he told me a story.....

It was in 1973 when my uncle decided to visit Gavrilos who was a famous constructor in Athens.My uncle was in Gavrilos' store when the door opened and three persons got in the store.The three men was Giorgos Zambetas,Stamatis Kokotas and Giorgos Dalaras.They sitted and Gavrilos offered ouzo for everyone(nice job..!don't you think?)....

Suddenly Zampetas grabbed a baglama and started playing...Then Dalaras grabbed the guitar and followed Zambetas.....

You can imagine what followed......Hours with rebetika songs....!

:music:

Hi Vasos,

what an experience your uncle must have had to be at the right place and at the right time. This doesn't happen often.

It's lifes full of surprises that makes this one here so memorable!

maybe others new members will share with us some of their hidden treasures too as they come along.

Thanks for posting.

:music:

Curiousity as your uncle ever seen them again in that same store or anywhere else since then? What does your cousin or uncle play?

Christo

:)

My uncle does not play any musical instruments.My cousin teacher of acoustic and electric guitars and he also plays bouzouki and the other instruments like baglama and tzoura.

As far as your first question,my uncle doesn't work any more and he didn't have any more experiences like this.He rarely visited Athens(we live in Thessaloniki) so he didn't have the same luck again....

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead