Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Olga Fendrych

Missing Information

58 posts in this topic

A-ha: Bifikotzis junior?

Please, write more!

He is one of the bouzouki players in Bellou's CD "Χαλάλι σου" :D , together with Stelios Zafiriou.

He used to play (the bouzouki) at a very stupid TV game in the 1980's... :(

:blink: :blink: Francois! You as an expert make such a mistake?? :lol:

I do not have the record you mentioned but obviously you confused Grigoris Bithikotsis junior with Giannis Bithikotsis. Giannis is indeed a bouzouki-player - and one of the most active ones since many years. I would even say that it is an exception when a record with a popular ("commercial") singer is published and the bouzouki-player is not Giannis Bithikotsis.:lol: (O.k. that is of course an exaggeration, but he really plays very very often.)

The record with Bellou is from 1977. If Grigoris junior played bouzouki this time, he must have done it as a baby. :lol: (Concluding from the fotos on his CD, he must have been born about this time when Bellou's CD was published [or even some years later]. :))

But until a few weeks ago I made the following mistake: I always believed that Giannis is another son of Grigoris (senior). Wrong! He is his nephew.

"αγάπη μου, αγάπη μου, καυμέ μου και γιορτή,

ο κόσμος είναι ψέυτικος και εσύ αληθινή...."

Does anyone know the quoted song? If yes, whose is that? The voice seems to be Antonis Kalogiannis. Right?

Not Kalogiannis, Olga. It is Giannis Parios ("H agapi einai mia", from the record "Ena gramma"). :razz:

You don't perhaps know that feeling, Michael.

To find something again after more than 20 years.

Danke!!!

What year was the recording made then?

And, the next question already:

"Να βρώ ενα ζειμπεκικό για να σου τραγουδήσω....", one of so old recordings in my remained "ancient" collection, that I have no chances to recognize much more from its text...

And:

Πόσο μικρός ο άνθρωπος,

ο πόνος, τι μεγαλός?

Stamatis Kokotas?

This "I agapi" is played JUST now there, without remembering, when it comes on my old cassette......

And then, a Stamatis Kokotas song recognized two weeks ago....

What about "εδώ το φώς, εδώ η γιαλός...?"

"Πάλι, αγάπη μου πάλι με άφησε μόνη σε κάποια γονιά?

I really have a lot of such questions remained......

Now I can not, too many memories......

What year was the recording made then?

1981 (if you want to know it more exactly: April 1982 [the release of the record] :D )

"Να βρώ ενα ζειμπεκικό για να σου τραγουδήσω....", one of so old recordings in my remained "ancient"  collection, that I have no chances to recognize much more from its text...

That's easy:

The record is "Στου καιρού τα ρέματα" ("Stou kairou ta remata") with Manolis Mitsias, from 1982 (a wonderful record with music by Spanos an lyrics by Lefteris Papadopoulos; unfortunately I was unable to find it as CD :razz: ).

The title of the song: "Πού νά βρω ένα ζεϊμπέκικο" ("Pou na vro ena zeimpekiko").

When I heard this song for the first time (in the radio) I thought that the singer is Grigoris Bithikotsis, because Mitsias' voice is here quite similar with Bithikotsis' one.

Πόσο μικρός ο άνθρωπος, ο πόνος, τι μεγαλός?

Stamatis Kokotas?

Hmmm. At least at the moment I have no idea (though I think that the lyrics are not completely unknown to me).

This "I agapi" is played JUST now there, without remembering, when it comes on my old cassette......

??? You mean the song with Parios, don't you?

:razz: You ask?? Dalaras - Theodorakis - Ritsos

(But perhaps you have the other version with .... [i don't remember at the moment the other singers (I think Farandouri) - Francois will be able to tell you :D , otherwise I will look for it])

Not "πάλι" but "πάει". An old song with Alkisti Protopsalti, "Πάει η αγάπη μου" ("Paei i agapi mou"). From her first own LP (1977).

Do you know who has written music and lyrics? Γιάννης Καραλής (Giannis Karalis) - that's the composer and lyrics-writer of "Me teleioses" with Dalaras!!! Quite different style, isn't it?

:D:razz::)

Who, apart from Nana Mouskouri, could have been singing the song of Xatzidakis: Θάλασσα πλατειά, σ'αγαπώ, γιατι μου μοιάζεις θάλασσα βαθεία..."

who

Να μ'αγαπάς, να μην νιώθω μονάχος.... (Giannis Parios again?)

and who

Εδώ το φώς, εδώ η γιαλός? (I am not very sure, could be εγώ as well)

Danke, Michael! Du hattest sicher einen viel besseren Zugang zu Information, nicht nur Musik......

??? You mean the song with Parios, don't you?

== yes, this one ===

:D You ask?? Dalaras - Theodorakis - Ritsos

=== well, ask me, in what circumsances the recordings were made and how we were holding the antenne to catch the vawe at all....

No, I did not recognize Dalaras there. Even if it was him.

Where was it recorded then? I never came across to it again....

Not "πάλι" but "πάει". An old song with Alkisti Protopsalti, "Πάει η αγάπη μου" ("Paei i agapi mou"). From her first own LP (1977).

Do you know who has written music and lyrics? Γιάννης Καραλής (Giannis Karalis) - that's the composer and lyrics-writer of "Me teleioses" with Dalaras!!! Quite different style, isn't it?

====Und woher soll ich das wissen, Michael, wenn ich den Namen von Alkisti Protopsalti das erste Mal sehe.....

Ich habe gesagt, alles hier lauter "Entdeckungen von Amerika".......

Vor drei Jahren noch haette ich auch kein einziges Wort aus dem Griechischen verstanden!

Und vor sieben Jahren habe ich nicht einmal den Namen von Giorgos Dalaras gekannt....... Nur Lieder...

I do not know, how it works, with more quotations in one post, I try then....

Who, apart from Nana Mouskouri, could have been singing the song of Xatzidakis: Θάλασσα πλατειά, σ'αγαπώ, γιατι μου μοιάζεις θάλασσα βαθεία..."

Let's leave something to Francois (or other members) too. :lol:

Sorry, I don't know (at least not without searching).

Να μ'αγαπάς, να μην νιώθω μονάχος.... (Giannis Parios again?)

Yes, Parios. "Για πάντα μαζί" ("Gia panta mazi"). From the same record as the above song ("Ena gramma").

I already told you, but you don't believe me :D :

Obviously you mean the song with the lyrics "Εδώ το φως, εδώ ο γιαλός, χρυσές γαλάζιες γλώσσες", right?

It's title is "Εδώ το φως" ("Edo to fos") and it is from the "18 λιανοτράγορδα της πικρής πατρίδας" ("18 lianotragouda tis pikris patridas" by Theodorakis and Ritsos, sung by Dalaras (and also - in another version - by another singer [whom I do not know at the moment]).

If you have condition and endurance (patience is too small for this case), then, the last for now, MIcha:

Perpatao stous dromous xamenos..... :D

und, gute Nacht!

:D You ask?? Dalaras - Theodorakis - Ritsos

=== well, ask me, in what circumsances the recordings were made and how we were holding the antenne to catch the vawe at all....

No, I did not recognize Dalaras there. Even if it was him.

Where was it recorded then? I never came across to it again....

Aha. Obviously you heard the other version (if we really speak about the song I mean). I looked know for these other interpretations (there seem to be to other ones):

One is with Maria Farandouri (1973) and the second with a quite unknown singer named Petros Kamenos (1974). The record with Dalaras was also published 1974.

:D:):D

There's an extremely nice version (in Greek, with nice pronunciation) by Harry Belafonte, the Jamaican singer, in his CD "An evening with...".

Another version with Galani in "Ta tragoudia ths xthesinhs meras"... :D

The original version, by Petros Pandis, in 1973 (Farantouri sings on the LP/CD too, but I don't think she ever sang the song...)... The original version of "Ta 18 lianotragouda tis pikris patridas", to my mind, the best one and the most emotional... :D

I am SO sorry about my mistake concerning Bithikotsis Junior... It's not the first time I am making the mistake, anyway.... :):D:D:blush:

I am SO sorry about my mistake concerning Bithikotsis Junior... It's not the first time I am making the mistake, anyway.... :)  :D  :D  :blush:

Never mind. As you can see in case of Pandis / Farantouri, I make also some severe mistakes. :D

Giorgos Katsaros - Giannis Poulopoulos: Pame gia ipno, Katerina.

Should we have an extra topic about the latest one, let me know, I must have overlooked then.

I know nothing about Giorgos Katsaros, apart from this, that this "Katerina" is already like a classic - well, at least for me :).

One of the songs of the category: "makes you smile", so needed at the beginning of the fthinoporo.... :D

Κάθε Μάρτη, κάθε Απρίλη, κάθε Μάη.

G. Glezos, D. Tsefroni.

From the same Giannis Poulopoulos' edition I can not stop hear in the last days.

Ive never heard the name of the authors (who are they, please?), and the song is outstanding with its "optimistic" musical means:

flute, an instrument of the spring and of shepherds in the interludes with its major chords and basic, "clear" intervals (quarts) coming up :) and trills played by bouzouki..... .

Flute, one of the instruments with the meaning: "follow me".

So I follow :D

Questions - questions questions......

Tell me more about Dimitris Kataleifos, this actor, who was telling the "Eisagogi" to the "Hymnoi angelon" of S. Koujoumtzis, please.

And do not forget the previous questions one day.....

Francois, thank you for your trials to find Xatzidakis' song for me (Anna gave the indication about the programme to the "Hatzidakis" topic being more above than "Hatzidakis 8 years later" and therefore I continued there. Once more as a counterpoint :) ).

Has anyone seen the mentioned programme? (see: Hatzidakis - HIs dark side)

My previous questions remain actual :)

today a thanksgiving:

Michael, this "Ena Gramma" of Giannis Parios is a real crown treasure, because of:

1. Ase me stin monaxia mou

2. San tis thalassas t'ageri

3. Gia panta mazi

4. S'agapo

5. I agapi einai mia

Every single of these titles is to find on my "ancient" cassettes up till now.

I was 15 then......

Despina, five further titles to answer your question "why did I want to learn the language".

Diane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are .... (lack of words....)

:):):)

They are, just now playing on the 902 an another version of "Tis makrines, tis thalasses" and I do not know, whose voice it is!

A much more dramatic version that this one of Giorgos Dalaras, but as always..... eeeech.

One of the most melodious songs Giorgos Dalaras was even singing.

Olga Kostas Makedonas sings this song in the cd: "ΧΡΗΣΤΟΣ ΝΙΚΟΛΟΠΟΥΛΟΣ - ΩΔΕΙΟ ΗΡΩΔΟΥ ΑΤΤΙΚΟΥ". It is a live recording of 1999 in the Herodeum where Arvanitaki, Mpasis and Makedonas sing well-known songs of Nikolopoulos accompanied by the ERT Symphonic Orchestra.

link:http://www.greekbooks.gr/cd/showcd.asp?itemCode=064958

Among the Dalaras' songs that they sing are:

To' pes (Mpasis), Ksenos gia 'senane ki ehthros (Mpasis), Me Varka Tin Ellada (Mpasis & Makedonas vocals),

Thank you, Christo! It is really a very impressive interpretation. How old is Kostas Makedonas then?

And who knows answers to my previous questions, please?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0