Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NIKH

Me Telioses

20 posts in this topic

I have referred to this song several times sofar and there has been no comment, the reason being partly my OSTRAKIZAM. OK .

Another reason must be that members simply did not notice my comments about this song, one of his greatest inteprtation ever, in my opinion.

I am affraid that there is a third reason, this being that members don't like this song, or find it...I can't think of anything bad to say about it.

It gives me SHIVERS...

So, what is your opinion, and don't tell me that you have no opinion, this song cannot pass unnoticed.

It is either... lousy or GREAT. And I think he sang it only once, live.......

Yes, but WHY?! :music:

I am calling the EXPERTS, Francois and Michael, the two I know about, to answer this. :)

???

!!!!!

The 'only' logic explanation for this is that I have a very peculiar taste.

Anyway, another song that resembles the above is

SKOTOSE ME. I don't know the title. 'It's the last favour I am asking you to do for me' !!!

And still another song with the same feelings, is of Pandelis Thalasinos, about whose COMPOSING SKILLS our Dalaras said the best possible words once. He said nothing about his voice though, but I say that it is great too. I and my son met him once in Kalithea, standing next to his bike and a policeman who was sqeezing him like a lemon. He has dusty and milky shade green eyes.

The song in question is about a man telling his ex loved one to keep the last glass of poison for him....something like that. It is spooky.

I wander why he is ignored here. ..

Beautiful eyes and hair! :D

SKOTOSE ME. I don't know the title. 'It's the last favour I am asking you to do for me' !!!

"Ksenos gia sena", recorded on the CD "Mi milas, kindinevei i Elllas", Christos NIkolopoulos, Lefteris Papadopoulos, 1989.

:razz:

And I think he sang it only once, live.......

Yes, but WHY?! :wow:

I am calling  the EXPERTS, Francois and Michael, the two I know about, to answer this. :razz:

As far as I know, indeed he sang "Me teleiwses" only live. But I am sorry NIKH, I do not know why.

To my mind the song is a combination of "modern" ("non-laiko") elements and "oriental" elements. ("Oriental" in the widest sense of the word.) Although I usually do not like so much such mixtures, in this song I appreciate the result. :)

PS: I like "Me teleiwses" more than the song "Ksenos gia sena" (Thank you, Olga, for the information :). )

"me teleiwses"

one of the best of Karalis

i like this song very much...!

as Michael said it's ""Oriental" in the widest sense of the word"

pay attention...he did it only live (in the cd "Zwnataneis yxografies" but there is a studio addition in the cd called "OI MEGALYTERES EPITYXIES TOU"...there is more "violin" in this version...

i have also a "orchistorico" of this song from the disc "Yannis Karalis-odyssey"

(if spmeone want anypne of the songs mentioned here please write me a private PM with e-mail or ICQ number..!)

GIANNIS KARALIS???????? :blink:

Fadi, I don't understand, how is it possible to have another version with more of violins on top of that, if he sang it only once......

E?

Which is Greek for

A?

:lol:

yes GIANNIS KARALIS

http://www.dalaras.com/songs/zwntanes_hxog...e_teleiwses.htm

:wow::)

and just listen to the version from this disc:

http://www.dalaras.com/diskoi/albums/oi_me...ityxies_tou.htm

and then listen to the version from this disc (or any other Collection cd):

http://www.dalaras.com/diskoi/albums/zwnta...xografhseis.htm

...i hope u"ll understand what i mean...!

:):razz:

Indeed, Fadi - possibly there are two different versions of "Me Teleiwses". (I never realized this. - In order to be sure I would have to compare now the versions.)

But if there are, they are both live versions. If you listen to the one on the CD "Oi megalyteres epityxies tou" you will hear the applause at the end.

(That's my impression from a quick hearing of the two records you mentioned.)

As far as I can tell, there is one recording of this song, made at the Peroke, first released on the maxi-single "Zontanos sto Peroke", and re-used in (at least) three collections: "Live Recordings", "Zontanes ihografiseis" and "oi megaliteres epityhies". But I may have missed something (I hope so :razz: ).

Fadi, I cannot do anything of the proposed since I have an old fashioned computer, a good enough for me, though...I think I cannot 'download' anything and I am not sure wht this means but suppose tht it is getting something off of a link...maybe my computer knows this but I am sure I cannot listen anything from it since it has no sound, and if there is a point of NOT LISTENING TO ME TELIOSES OR DALARAS FOR THAT MATTER, well, I am still confused about whether he sang it once or mor times...can't someone ask someone else who KNOWS..... :razz:

egine emoni mu afto to tragudi..

Kalimera sas

michael u're right but as Geske said "(it've been) "re-used" in at least three collections"

it's always the same version (i think so) but with "studio additions"

another "different" version i've found in "ΤΑ ΧΡΩΜΑΤΑ ΤΟΥ ΧΡΟΝΟΥ ΙΙ" (first "red" disc")...and again they've played with it and "cut" all the solo!!!

Geske u said that the first release was on "Zontanos sto Peroke"...it's the "same version" or "the most similar to" which version from the discs after?!

(i don't have the "zontanos" but i thaught that the "real"(first) version is like the one in "Zontanes ihografiseis" )

have a nice day... :razz:

Right, and thank you, now I understand, it is only one version, the live one, to which they add or take away. ..

Anyway, I have the live one and it is spooky and gloomy..brrrrrrrrr...... :blink:

And also, I would say that there are at least ten 'categories' in which Dalaras sings, and in one of them, no name, this one is the top song...

Maybe someone can think of the names of the at least ten categories... :razz:

I have Me Telioses in George Dalaras A Portrait. I have to say that the solos are incredible, the interpretation fabulous etc. You know the rest.

I'm out of words today and can only say common places - which is what I certainly do all the time but today, I am more realistic :(

Celeste, it may sound funny but I still thank you for loving this song.

I think it shows the depth of the soul...

As for my own soul, it is as flat as a pancake right now...

Seriously speaking now, I have to say that I enjoy much more Dalaras when his singing is more "orientalized" like in this song than when it is westernalized - sorry if it's a neologism - or even pop(ized) which unfortunately is a default I find in some of his albums or songs. When I say pop, I don't mean only in the content - the lyrics- but in the melody, if the world is correct. You'll therefore understand why my favourite Dalaras's albums are Sergiani ston Kosmo, Vizantinos Esperinos and Mikra Asia. Those, as far as my quality standards are at stake. Emotionnaly speaking, I just love the album Ta Tragoudia Mou but as far as I know it's a compilation -I don't know if the world is correct - and there are many "best of" albums by Dalaras.

Of course, be conscious that I'm only speaking of the albums I know/have and I only have in my possession about 10%, maybe less, of what he actually made.

Yes, living out of Hellas you can listen to only what you have, the radio does not supply you with Dalaras......

Living in Hellas enables one to listen to almost all his recordings live or studio ones, so I am in this lucky, what a WEAK word this is for what I feel about my possition,well, possition to listen daily to all that I have and I don't have much, but there is almost always one Dalaras somewhere in the air...and quite often on tv.

Having in mind the above I can tell that in my opinion it is so much easier to pick what one does not love SO MUCH from Dalaras..right now I cannot think of ANY song that I don't like, but there are some, about 10 per cent I would say, that I don't exactly love, maybe the one about 'paputsia panina'....

But his voice and way of interpretation can make just ANY song eatable......

No exageration.... :)

In NIKH's first post in this topic there is the question why this song is sung only once by Dalaras. I'm not exactly a Dalaras' expert as far as how many recordings of the song exist, but regardless of this it's true that it's a very good song but with very few appearances both in his records and in his concerts. Of course, maybe Dalaras simple doesn't like that song so much, hence this treatment towards it. But it might be another reason -and I know I will say something rather provoking- ; Karalis' career after that song drove him more and more at the opposite side of Greek music from the one Dalaras serves. He has written a lot of songs for singers of greek "laiko-pop" and "skyladiko". I think Dalaras disagrees or/and feels sorry about Karalis' choices and not singing this song is a way of showing this. This song has been written by someone who serves now the "others", the "dark side" -not of the moon but of greek music industry. If this is the case, I just want to say that it's an acceptable attitude, though I would disagree with it.

Anyway, all these are speculations and haven't anything to do with the fact that the song, one way or another, is great.

Now that I heard what Gazakas think I will say what I think as of the reason why he does not sing it or rather has not sung it ever since the first and the only time. This reason serves simultaneously as a credid and non credit to Giorgos...

Well, I think that the song, the way it was interpreted, was a matter of moment. It can never be repeated, and probably the same goes for the instrumentals of mimuthimonismatiamu, the latter could, though, be replayed, but nobody has done it..

As for ME TELIOSES, I can't see how he could possibly sing it again the SAME way, not being in the SAME mood that he obviously was in at the time he sang it, and here the important point is that it was LIVE, not a recording, meaning that the audence probably 'provoked' such an interpretation. Or something about the time he was singing it. Or both...The same thing hapened with a song at Irodio in June 03, but I unfortunatelly can't say, as usually, what song it was, and hope that one day we will see it recorded on a video and then I will tell which song I mean, and I am sure I am not the only one who noticed THAT

interpretation...... I also think that ME TELIOSES is much less WRITTEN than SUNG, it was ALL in his SINGING around SOME written notes.

Speculations , too, based on my FEELING. There are unrepeatable moments, and this song seems to belong to such.....

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0