Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
henk de leeuw

Dalaras-marinella In London

61 posts in this topic

Dear members,

Just returned from London and will give a short description about the London concert. First of all it was our first time that we saw Marinella and we were very impressed about her condition and her showmaking. The first seven songs were from the cd "mazi". Dalaras sung five old songs and there was a break. Then Marinella started with seven songs and then the show finished with some songs of ""mazi". the concert was really great and Marinella did not want to stop the show.

One of the greatest moments was when Dalaras announced a song special for Marinella and she started crying when the whole audience sung this song. Sorry, I donot know the name of the song, maybe another member can help me with that. That's a quick one for now later on I will report more

Sorry, I donot know the name of the song, maybe another member can help me with that.

The song is "TΩΡΑ ΠΟΥ ΦΕΥΓΩ ΑΠΟ ΤΗ ΖΩΗ " by Stelios Kazantzidis..

this is dedicated by George Dalaras to Marinella and makes her crying.. :)

Kostantina,

Thanks. I was very impressed by the audience and the band. Does this song have a special meaning for her and if so what????

Henkos

Stelios Kazantzidis was Marinella's husband .

this song reminds her Stelios Kazantzidis

the lyrics of the song have special meaning for Kazantzidis' life......

Just back from London. A great concert indeed with many wonderful moments.

I cannot tell much more about which songs than Henk did,some of the songs Dalaras sang alone were:Ach Helidoni Mou,and Kapou Nichtoni.The ones Marinella sang...I don't know;I do not know her songs well;but the audience surely did!

Great moment was also when Marinella and Dalaras sang: O Mare E Tu ; Very impressive!

Not too much time now,but I'll give some pics...

33_kl

once again a perfect μαζί

and once again a concert worth to get at least 100 points!

and once again I was amazed by this mix of show to entertain the people, but also the performance of high demanding songs.

Well, after (how many performances?) Marinella and Dalaras got the routine now, but, and this distinguishes great artists, we, the audience, we dont notice. Every night they do it with new power, new enthusiasm, new passion, new joy! And not only the two but also all the musicians. A big thank you for this to all of them.

Marinella, once again just incredible! She got standing ovations after her solo!

Greek kids go to Trehantiri next day and ask for compilations of Marinella! They didnt know her, but the songs, and were impressed by the way she did them! Thank God we have artists like her and Dalaras who take care of bringing the good old songs again!

And another thank you to Dalaras. I didnt notice anything. After the concert we heard Dalaras had problems with his back and had to get an injection to be fit for the evening. Another proof of greatness. He goes on stage, forgets his problems, does his best as if he would be ok.!!

I've just arrived from London. It was my first concert and I confess that, obviously, I liked it a lot. And I include everything in the package: meeting some members, as well. I was a little worried that I'd be disappointed by Dalaras's voice live but on the contrary, it was even better than expected, very pure, very strong...I'm lacking of words. I was also very surprised by Marinella, she has such a presence on stage! Honestly, I thought her part would be a little boring but I was totally mistaken. And the greek audience is fabulous, vibrating at any song, paying a very well deserved tribute to those two stars.

And yes, Marijke, as you were predicting, I too sang - what I knew- and shouted and whistled!

Too bad the concert was so short and Dalaras hurt his back and couldn't/wouldn't come out at the end. Anyway, it was very much worth it.

:)

A big thank you to all of you for your brief feedback :)

I wish I was there to live those unforgettable moments once again :razz:

:D

I just vaguly caught this message.

Celeste

How did Dalaras hurt his back?

:razz:

Too bad the concert was so short and Dalaras hurt his back and couldn't/wouldn't come out at the end. Anyway, it was very much worth it.

C'me on guys - tell us a bit more?

make me regret I wasn't there...

Geske, I really don't know what to tell you more. I couldn't write the names of the songs because I don't have the mazi cd and many were unknown to me. As you saw the Mazi in Lykavitos, I think, I guess it was very similar. Dalaras and Marinella started with a song without music, just voice and it was breathtaking. Then I think they sang together some songs and then it was Marinella on her own. She sang probably old hits of her because the audience, specially in the upper circle (or at least so it seemed to me - that's where I was) went frantic and sang along. Afterwards (but I cannot guarantee), there was a break. I remember the greek lady sitting by my side finding it extremely funny that I had come from Portugal to see the show. I had to tell her that there were people from Holland, Belgium and Cyprus as well who had come on purpose otherwise I'd be the joke of the night! :D Then she told me that she had come for Marinella who was bigger than George. I couldn't contradict her (though I wanted too :) ) and I answered her that I had come for Dalaras - and she replied: "but of course" with a naughty smile, but I also told her that I was amazed by the lady's talent and energy. As you put it yourself very correctly, Geske, c'est une bete de scene.

During the interval, I went out to smoke a cigarette and talked to a greek lady who dreamingly told me: I think I'm in love, and I don't think she meant with Marinella, before we were kicked out of the place because it's not allowed to smoke in the Palladium. I told the guy that Britain was looking very much like the States. Mais je divague.

The second part, if I'm correct, started with Dalaras: he sang some songs I know from the Apo Kardias album and at one time he said something which I think the general idea I understood like: this one is a must, or I have to sing this one (the other members who know much better greek than me can say better) and he started Ekhw ena kafene.

I know he sang one that made Marinella cry but I didn't understand why at the time - now I know- and they had 5 encores (at least that's how many I counted). There was something that I found very surprising but again, as it was my first show, I cannot say if it is usual: in one of the last songs, at the end Dalaras jumped and shouted. (I just hope it's not the reason why he hurt his back, i'd like to see him do that again, it was funny and unexpected - Marijke, remember our jokes? :razz: ).

Well, that was my own clumsy way to report, sorry if I made mistakes or inverted the order. And Olga, it was nice to say HELLOOOOO! through Diane's phone!

:)

I just vaguly caught this message.

Celeste

How did Dalaras hurt his back?

:(

Christo, I swear I'm not responsible :razz: !

Well, no explanation was given to us except that he had hurt his back. We don't know if it was on stage - maybe when he jumped? see my next post - or later. Maybe it was just a way to chase us out of the entrance where we were glued like bees on honey! :D But no honey, dear. Just the musicians, Marinella who, very diva-like, ran almost against us and would not stop for autographs, with a scarf around her face.

As a matter of fact, we were the stars, taking pictures, making poses. That was a good moment. I haven't developed my pictures yet but anyway, I won't post them unless those on them give me their ok, but they will show certainely very amusing moments.

I tried to make good pictures this time. For some reason my camera doesn't like taking pictures in the dark.

Anyway, I'll show the ones that I found best.

The first:

post-3-1066290602.jpg

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0