Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geske

Η άνεση και η ηδονή

3 posts in this topic

A song from Takis Bourmas' record ο κήπος στην ταράτσα (garden on the balcony). He's the bass player, remember?

Thanks to Marijke for reminding of this translation, thanks to Nikolas who helped me with it (a long time ago) and above all, unending thanks to the friend who first sent me this song - first listening to it is one of those moments that are graven in stone in my memory.

Η ΑΝΕΣΗ ΚΑΙ Η ΗΔΟΝΗ || EASE AND PLEASURE

Μουσική: Τάκης Μπουρμάς || Music: Takis Bourmas

Στίχοι: Τάκης Μπουρμάς - Βέτα Μπετίνη || Lyrics: Takis Bourmas - Veta Betini

Η άνεση και η ηδονή ωραίο πράγμα, || Ease and pleasure, [they are] a fine thing,

μπήκαν στο νου μου το πρωί σαν καλεσμένες, || entering into my mind in the morning, as guests,

φιλοξενούμενες το μεσημέρι μου δηλώνουν, || they are owed hospitality, [so] they tell me at midday,

το βράδυ, πάνε αφέντρες και μαζί μου ξαπλώνουν. || by evening, they have turned into lordships and share the bed with me

Κι είναι κάτι νύχτες που δεν τελειώνουνε, || And there are some nights that have no end,

είναι κάτι νύχτες, νύχτες γλυκές, || there are some nights, sweet nights,

που με τελειώνουνε. || that are the end of me.

Είναι κάτι νύχτες, που όλα τα δέχομαι, || There are some nights, when I accept everything,

είναι αυτές οι νύχτες που τις μισώ, μα τις ανέχομαι. || these are the nights that I hate, but I endure them.

Η άνεση και η ηδονή άτιμο πράγμα, || Ease and pleasure, [they are] a hateful thing,

μου αναστατώνουν την ψυχή και με τρελαίνουν, || they disturb my mind and drive me crazy,

μεσ΄το κεφάλι μου του κόσμου οι ηδονές παραφυλάνε, || inside my head, all the pleasures of the world lie in wait

και είναι η νύχτα η τυχερή, που πάνω της ξεσπάνε. || and lucky is the night that they explode into.

Η άνεση και η ηδονή, βασιμένο σ ένα μυθιστόρημα του Χαλιλ Γκιμπράν (Khalid Gibran)!!

Ps. the whole CD is worth to be listened to!! Especially Dalaras with Γνωστή και άγνωστη and Maxairitsas with:Ο κήπος στην ταράτσα :)

Thank you Geeske, listening to the album and enjoying your translation!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0