Michael

Γιάννης Πάριος

401 posts in this topic

I would like to answer here to a posting in the topic "CDs (Apart from Dalaras)":

christos-regnis wrote:

Parios doesn't do anything else than repeating the same music, lyrics and songs the last 10 years.. :D  :D

Yes, Christo, except of the μειωτικό (pejorative) "[not] anything else" you are correct. I would say not only the last 10 years. I have often thought about it: Of the singers who are still active, Parios is perhaps the one who changed his repertoire less than anyone else during his career. In general terms his songs of the 70-ies do not differ fundamentally from his songs of the 90-ies. (Of course this is a very, very superficial description of the situation, but I think it is not completely wrong.)

There are only a few exceptions: "Ta nisiotika" (songs from Greek islands), his live recording with songs by Theodorakis, perhaps his cooperation with Xarhakos. But in general: Parios is simply Parios.

But of course our (Christos' and mines) conclusions are completely different: You regard this repetition (επανάληψη) obviously as negative and I as positive. I can refer to what Olga wrote and Ι will quote it here τοο:

Being of the seventh cloud of happiness l (yes, nothing less) listening  with my parents again and again and again and again to the one single recording: To Gramma of Giannis Parios, recorded 1981.

Five of these songs we knew from the moment they were  brand new.

They are recognized by us this week, thanks to the huge help of Michael himself (not to forget Diane....) .

:D

What can I say?

I know a part of  this album by heart since it was edited

and I am not fed up yet, after more than 20 years, where these five songs were a part of the anonymous, huge thalassa of Greek music, with outstanding voices, perfect melodies and with no possibility to understand a single sung word, without knowing any single name of the listened Greek singers, with no possibility to ask anybody in our country...

Therefore I believe, the new mentioned  CD must have at least a similar quality of good, if not perfect music.

Christo, you lucky man, brought up in the Greek music to the grade you can even say it is already boring, because still the same..........................................

After all, some told about Antonio Vivaldi once, he wrote 600 times the same concerto......................................................

PS. Listening to "San tis thalassas t' ageri" for x and x times in my life, without getting bored....................................

Sorry for so many of these points, I find no suitable emoticon for these rediscoveries.

Christo, you write Parios did not do "anything else" than repeating. But to "repeat" is not automatically bad (as Olga already explained). I am not against new developments, new trends etc. But the "new" must convince me; and that is not the case in whatever happened during the last 10 or 20 years in Greek music as an attempt to "replace" (or to build an alternative) to the "laiko" song (in the broadest sense of the word):

Katsimihas, Mahairitsas, Arvanitaki, Nikos Antypas :D , the bad attempts to present old songs in a completely different version (songs by Kougioumtzis or Tsitsanis with a symphonic orchestra [see Dalaras] or classical songs by Kaldaras with only accompaniment a guitar [see Alexiou]) etc.etc. no of these artists or experiments were able to convince me that they (= these artists respectively their work or experiments) can be a substitution for a typical laiko song. Therefore I prefer Antzela Dimitriou or Anna Vissi and of course Parios when they perform songs written in the "traditional" style to all the stuff that is presented as (today's) songs of "high quality".

The "new" obiously has become an end in itself (= αυτοσκοπός) and therefore I admire the work of the (few) "old-fashioned" artists like Parios.

PS: And in order to avoid misunderstandings: Of course the "standard repertoire" of Parios are not only (perhaps not even primarily) typical "laiko" songs but also many songs which tend more to the western style and sometimes even some foreign songs. But because of this from a singer like Dalaras I would expect even more "laiko" than from Parios (and not less as it happens in reality).

I didn't see that you opened a new topic here. Here is a kind of reply in what Olga posted before:

http://www.dalaras.com/forum/index.php?s=2...=20entry28540

As far as the repeation of Parios I cannot say that the only thing he does the last 10 years (and I insist in this recent period of his career) is to repeat his past (which is not often a negative action) but giving to us a BAD copy of what he used to be in the previous decades.. The most negative and disappointing thing is -in my opinion - the quality of the lyrics in most of his songs in the last 6 years (and after this repeation they end up to be extremely boring... as they released in an extremely fast rate..)..

Having a short looking in the Dragoumanos DVD I can see that his last CD was released in March of 2003 (To Kalo Pou Sou Thelw) and his new one in October of 2003!!.. I don't think that this a product of artistic (and "αληθινή") work but only a release to support his live performances.. (his last CD was a kind of failure so... they run to produce something new after only 7 months.. in order to have something playing in the radio to support the Live...)

Technical question then: what programme do I need to listen to these given samples with *ram extension?

I had already a longer post ready and then, before I sent it, my computer restarted.... :D

I 'll try once more:

1. The Greek songs in the more "classical" manner of the laiko tragoudi , how old or new they may be, awake in me an aesthetical cathegory of a certain stability of the world I live in.

Like I aready wrote to Michael this week: "well, not everything in the world changed..." (and in these terms it is equal: positively or negatively).

Just a thought like: it did not change..... with a kind of relief.

2. The similar experieence I have, more often, reading the books I liked in older times, seeing the films etc. I did not stop to like them, if they were really good. Even having now a PhD in humanistic sciences :D.

3. This is, I think, connected with an old aesthetic theory, Pythagorean in fact: "Beauty depends on harmony, harmony on proportions and numbers".

Additionally: a term of "symmetria", "objective" beauty - in the things themselves.

And: Pseudo-Aristotle: "Proportion is something nice of its nature".

4. The songs of Giannis Parios I know, fulfill these terms well.

(I will try to listen to the another ones as soon as possible).

I had never enough of the so called "classic" in the wide meaning of this word (i.e. concerning not only the certain culture time, but an ensemble of certain STABILE [see point 1] qualities).

Another example:

The works of our contemporary sculptor, Igor Mitoraj, are once called: "hypnotical Classicismus" and I adore them, without feeling any lack of "modernity" (to be continued soon, with photos)

5. This problem of "old" or "new" was already discussed under the topic "Old or New". I think, it is still to be found in the forum "Discussion about the songs of George Dalaras". I'll try to find it again.

PS. The full symphonic version of "Mi mou thimoneis" is for me on a border of a crime. Even, if I understand a need of such version in collaboration with greater orchestras.

PPS. "What do you want me to do for you?"

"Then, Lord, go away and do not block the sunshine...."

:D

Technical question then: what programme do I need to listen to these given samples with *ram extension?

"*ram extension"?? :huh: If you mean the samples of the Parios-CD mentioned in the topic "CD's apart from Dalaras"

(= http://www.greekmusic.com/cgi-bin/products...sp?SKU=5964-622 ):

they can be played with the "Real One Player" (I think it can be downloaded at the website of www.greekmusic.com). But as I already mentioned: It takes a long time (some minutes) until the samples start to play.

Then, I must wait some time for the opportunity then.

In the meantime, please, tell me something more about the flute player in the "Kanarini mou" (G. Dalaras/G. Parios) from the Millennium Concert.

Hearing to this superb interpretation, I would like to be this particular instrument.

Even, if I normally like oboe d'amore, chalumeaux and sax much, much better.......... :huh:

PS. Bougatsara, thanks so much for the photo you gave to the "Photos" topic this night :D .

Oh, I dunno. I liked Mi Mou Thymoneis on the the CD Dalaras made with the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra. It's interesting, in my mind, to here different interpretations of a song. For example, I first heard Tyfles Elpides by Giannis Kotsiras and actually liked once I got used to the electric guitar distortion :disgust: Then I found the original, I think, by Melina Kana with its more traditional composition--and, hm, I like both. On the other hand, I think Kotsiras did a worse job with some of the other songs he has covered, like Vrehei Sti Ftohogeitonia. It just sounds better by Dalaras, even considering the recording quality is in favor of Kotsiras--at least to me. Maybe if it were adapted differently like Tyfles Elpides, I would have reason to listen to it. :)

I liked Mi Mou Thymoneis on the the CD Dalaras made with the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra. It's interesting, in my mind, to here different interpretations of a song.

I answer here, because I can not find this "Old or New" topic at the moment again.

Giannis Parios topic has the last date some 4th-5th of Nov. :disgust:

I am not against new interpretations, indeed.

But the two Dalaras songs dare, for me, not be changed and not shortened.

The one is sometimes shortened in concert by Giorgos Dalaras himself........

Its title is "Pou einai ta xronia", sung so long years already.

The another one I can not bear changes in, is just this "Mi mou thimoneis".

I was growing up with those, not shortened, not changed, full versions,

I can not help it :)

I said it already more than once, but just try to change the patterns of old icons or your beloved lullaby or a fairy tale you know years and years..

Ochhhhh.

:razz:

"Pou einai ta xronia"

The first version of this song was recorded by Bithikotsis, and I will stick to it. :D

Even if I know the fact and the recording and Grigoris Bithikotzis' with some of his great works,

ceterum censeo...... it was just Giorgos Dalaras' voice, what made this song widely known, so widely, that it came even to Poland in the years without ANY chances to get another kind of contact with Greece.

Surely, you there had it much more easier.

Πρόσφατα κυκλοφόρησε ένα DVD με 19 τραγούδια (Video Clips)του ΓΙΑΝΝΗ ΠΑΡΙΟΥ, ζωντανές ηχογραφήσεις, αποσπάσματα από την συναυλία με τον Μίκη Θεοδωράκη στο Λυκαβηττό (αποσπάσματα από το Α' & Β' μέρος) ,συναντήσεις με τον Στέλιο Καζαντζίδη, τον Διονύση Σαββόπουλο, τον Χάρη Βαρθακούρη, τη Χαρούλα Αλεξίου ,τον Γ.Νταλάρα κ.α, Ταινιάκι με φωτογραφικό υλικό, όπου ακούγονται 17 τραγούδια και αναλυτική Δισκογραφία. Το DVD περιέχει τα παρακάτω τραγούδια:

1 ΓΙ ΑΥΤΟ ΣΟΥ ΛΕΩ ΠΑΜΕ

2 ΚΑΛΗΜΕΡΑ, ΤΙ ΚΑΝΕΙΣ

3 ΜΙΑ ΖΩΗ ΣΟΥ ΧΑΡΙΣΑ

4 ΤΙΠΟΤΑ ΔΕΝ ΠΕΡΙΜΕΝΩ

5 ΛΥΓΑΡΙΑ

6 ΕΧΩ ΜΙΑ ΔΙΨΑ

7 ΧΟΡΕΨΕΤΕ, ΧΟΡΕΨΕΤΕ

8 ΕΛΑ ΝΑ ΠΑΜΕ Σ' ΕΝΑ ΜΕΡΟΣ

9 ΑΔΙΕΞΟΔΟ

10 ΤΟ ΤΡΑΓΟΥΔΙ ΤΟΥ ΧΑΡΗ ΙΙ (ΕΡΩΤΑΣ ΕΙΝΑΙ)

11 ΔΕΝ ΤΗ ΝΟΙΑΖΕΙ

12 ΑΠΟΝΗ ΚΑΡΔΙΑ

13 ΤΟΣΑ ΓΡΑΜΜΑΤΑ

14 ΓΕΛΑ ΜΟΥ ΚΙ ΑΣ ΕΙΝΑΙ ΨΕΜΑ

15 ΔΙΑΛΕΞΕΣ ΤΗΝ ΤΥΧΗ ΜΟΥ

16 ΔΕΝ ΕΙΜΑΙ ΕΓΩ

17 ΤΟ ΣΗΜΑΔΙ ΤΟΥ ΕΡΩΤΑ (ΔΩΣΕ ΜΟΥ ΛΙΓΑΚΙ ΟΥΡΑΝΟ)

18 ΑΘΗΝΑ - ΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗ

19 ΔΙΠΛΑΝΟ ΤΡΑΠΕΖΙ

20 ΟΜΟΡΦΗ ΠΟΛΗ (LIVE)

21 ΑΝ ΘΥΜΗΘΕΙΣ Τ' ΟΝΕΙΡΟ ΜΟΥ (LIVE)

22 ΝΥΧΤΑ ΜΑΓΙΚΙΑ (LIVE)

23 ΠΩΣ ΝΑ ΞΕΧΑΣΩ (LIVE)

24 ΜΑΡΓΑΡΙΤΑ ΜΑΓΙΟΠΟΥΛΑ (LIVE)

25 ΤΟ ΤΡΑΙΝΟ ΦΕΥΓΕΙ ΣΤΙΣ ΟΚΤΩ (LIVE)

26 ΔΡΟΜΟΙ ΠΑΛΙΟΙ (LIVE)

27 ΔΡΑΠΕΤΣΩΝΑ (LIVE)

28 ΑΠΡΙΛΗ ΜΟΥ (LIVE)

29 ΖΟΡΜΠΑΣ (LIVE)

30 ΣΤΡΩΣΕ ΤΟ ΣΤΡΩΜΑ ΣΟΥ (LIVE)

31 ΤΟ ΠΕΡΙΓΙΑΛΙ (LIVE)

32 ΤΟ ΤΕΛΕΥΤΑΙΟ ΒΡΑΔΥ ΜΟΥ (Μαζί με τον Στ. Καζαντζίδη) (απόσπασμα)

33 ΠΙΟ ΚΑΛΗ Η ΜΟΝΑΞΙΑ (Live από Royal Albert Hall και Unplugged με

τον Χάρη Βαρθακούρη)

34 ΜΠΕΜΠΑ (ντουέτο με Διονύση Σαββόπουλο)

35 ΚΟΚΚΙΝΟ ΓΑΡΥΦΑΛΛΟ (ντουέτο με Χαρούλα Αλεξίου)

36 ΘΕΡΙΝΑ ΣΙΝΕΜΑ (μαζί με Χ.Αλεξίου, Γ.Νταλάρα, Λ.Κηλαηδόνη.)

(Απόσπασμα από τη συναυλία στο ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟ ΣΤΑΔΙΟ)

37 Ταινιάκι με φωτογραφικό υλικό, ακούγονται τα 17 τραγούδια δικά του .

BHMARADIO No5

Το Βήμα, κυκλοφόρησε σήμερα το 5ο κατά σειρά ΒΗΜΑRADIO. Αυτή τη φορά αφιερωμένο στον Γ.Πάριο. Τη συνέντευξη -όπως πάντα-πήρε ο Θ.Λάλας.Αφορμή ο νέος δίσκος του Πάριου.

Διαβάστε αυτά που διάβασα κι εγώ στο www.mad.gr και θα πείτε ακόμα μια φορά ότι οι εταιρείες (δισκογραφικές) παίζουν με τις τσέπες μας!

Να λοιπόν :

Επανακυκλοφορεί το νέο album του Γιάννη Πάριου

Λίγους μήνες μετά την πρώτη του κυκλοφορία, το τελευταίο album του Γιάννη Πάριου θα κυκλοφορήσει σε repackaged εκδοχή.

Το "Δεν Γυρίζω Πίσω" κυκλοφόρησε τον περασμένο Ιούνιο και από τότε μέχρι σήμερα δεν έχει εγκαταλείψει τη θέση του ανάμεσα στα πέντε πιο εμπορικά ελληνικά albums, έχοντας, μέχρι στιγμής, επιτύχει χρυσές πωλήσεις.

Το album περιλαμβάνει 12 τραγούδια σε μουσική του Αντώνη Βαρδή και στίχους του Βασίλη Γιαννόπουλου, του Μάνου Τσιλιμίδη και της Λίνας Δημοπούλου. Μεταξύ των τραγουδιών του album βρίσκεται και το -ήδη επιτυχημένο- "Στο Κάτω Κάτω Της Γραφής" αλλά και ένα ντουέτο του Γιάννη Πάριου με τον Αντώνη Ρέμο, που έχει τίτλο "Κι Είχα Τόσα Να Σου Πω".

Όπως μάθαμε, το "Δεν Γυρίζω Πίσω" μέχρι τα τέλη του Σεπτεμβρίου θα έχει κυκλοφορήσει σε repackaged εκδοχή, που θα περιλαμβάνει ένα bonus DVD με πλούσιο ακυκλοφόρητο υλικό.

Μόνο ένα έχω να πω:ΑΙΣΧΟΣ!!!

Πάντως ήδη κυκλοφορεί στην αγορά ως απλό cd χωρίς το dvd που είχε όταν πρωτοκυκλοφόρησε.

...Ε, αφού κυκλοφόρησε με DVD, μετά σκέτο, τώρα με "πλούσιο ακυκλοφόρητο υλικό'!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :music: ’ντε ρε παιδιά , με το καλό και ...η τέταρτη εκδοχή και γιατί όχι και η πέμπτη...... :pity::razz::razz:

με το καλό και ...η τέταρτη εκδοχή και γιατί όχι και η πέμπτη...... :music::pity::razz:

Η τέταρτη με καμιά συλλεκτική τρίχα του Πάριου , ή πέμπτη με κανένα απολιθωμένο δάκρυ του Πάριου κ.ο.κ.

Η τέταρτη με καμιά συλλεκτική τρίχα του Πάριου , ή πέμπτη με κανένα απολιθωμένο δάκρυ του Πάριου
:lol: :lol:

Κατά την προσωπική μου γνώμη ο δίσκος είναι επιεικώς μέτριος, οπότε η εταιρία πασχίζει με τον ένα ή τον άλλο τρόπο να αυξήσει τις πωλήσεις. Στην αρχή με bonus dvd, στη συνέχεια μόνο του για να γίνει πιο δελεαστική η τιμή, ακολούθως ξανά με bonus dvd για να τονωθεί πάλι η αγορά. Λίγο πρέπει να ξανασκεφτούν τέτοιου είδους γελοιότητες οι δισκογραφικές, γιατί δε νομίζω ότι έχουν το επιθυμητό για εκείνες αποτέλεσμα. :music:

Κατά την προσωπική μου γνώμη ο δίσκος είναι επιεικώς μέτριος, οπότε η εταιρία πασχίζει με τον ένα ή τον άλλο τρόπο να αυξήσει τις πωλήσεις. Στην αρχή με bonus dvd, στη συνέχεια μόνο του για να γίνει πιο δελεαστική η τιμή, ακολούθως ξανά με bonus dvd για να τονωθεί πάλι η αγορά. Λίγο πρέπει να ξανασκεφτούν τέτοιου είδους γελοιότητες οι δισκογραφικές, γιατί δε νομίζω ότι έχουν το επιθυμητό για εκείνες αποτέλεσμα. :music:

Όχι απλώς επιεικώς.Πολύ επιεικώς μέτριος.

Ύστερα φταίει η πειρατεία και οι μαύροι... :pity:

«Κοίτα τι έκανες»: Σάββατο 24 Σεπτεμβρίου 2005, στις 21:00

Η Σεμίνα Διγενή και η πιο αγαπημένη εκπομπή του Σαββατόβραδου το «ΚΟΙΤΑ ΤΙ ΕΚΑΝΕΣ», υποδέχονται τον Γιάννη Πάριο στις 24 Σεπτεμβρίου στις 21:00 το βράδυ στον Alpha. Σημαντικές στιγμές, μοιραία πρόσωπα και σπουδαίες ερμηνείες μιας μεγάλης καριέρας, αναδεικνύονται στη διάρκεια του τρίωρου λαμπερού δημοσιογραφικού σόου.

Τον Γιάννη Πάριο τιμούν στο «ΚΟΙΤΑ ΤΙ ΕΚΑΝΕΣ», οι άνθρωποι που τον βοήθησαν στο ξεκίνημα του, ο Κώστας Κλάβας, ο Γιώργος Κατσαρός και ο Μάκης Μάτσας, οι φίλοι του Πασχάλης Τερζής, Μερινέλα, Αντώνης Βαρδής, Πίτσα Παπαδοπούλου, Ελένη Δήμου, Ελένη Λεγάκη, Χουάν Ραμόν Ρότσα, ο επί 35 χρόνια παραγωγός του Αχιλλέας Θεοφίλου αλλά και η πρώην σύζυγος του Ντίνα Μαρκοπούλου με την οποία έζησαν ένα μεγάλο έρωτα στο ξεκίνημα της καριέρας του και απέκτησαν δύο παιδιά. Ο μεγάλος τραγουδιστής ερμηνεύει τα τραγούδια που σημάδεψαν την πορεία του και αποκαλύπτει πρόσωπα και γεγονότα που έπαιξαν καθοριστικό ρόλο στη διαδρομή του.

Στο «ΚΟΙΤΑ ΤΙ ΕΚΑΝΕΣ» παρουσιάζονται τέλος σπάνια ντοκουμέντα μεταξύ των οποίων μια συνέντευξη της μεγάλης ερμηνεύτριας Φλέρυς Νταντωνάκη για τον Γιάννη Πάριο και ένα ντουέτο του τραγουδιστή της αγάπης με τον Νίκο Κούρκουλο.

Πηγή: www.presspoint.gr

«Κοίτα τι έκανες»: Σάββατο 24 Σεπτεμβρίου 2005, στις 21:00

Η αλήθεια είναι ΜΙΑ! Ο Πάριος έχει ΥΠΕΡΟΧΗ φωνή και ΕΥΤΥΧΩΣ τη διατηρεί μέχρι σήμερα!

Στην εκπομπή ήταν ποταμός που τα "πήρε" όλα στο πέρασμά του! Έίπε αγαπημένα τραγούδια και τα είπε εξαίσια ! Τώρα για το ρεπερτόριο...συμφωνώ κι εγώ με πολλούς από σας ότι του αξίζει πολύ καλύτερο! :music:

Είδα την εκπομπή αποσπασματικά, δηλαδή έχασα κάποια κομμάτια. Λίγο με "χαλάει" το στυλ της εκπομπής που συχνά αναλλώνεται με ανούσια πράγματα, προτιμώ το λίγο πιο "παρείστικο" στυλ του "Στην υγειά μας". Είναι γεγονός πάντως, όσον αφορά τον Πάριο ότι η φωνή του και ο τρόπος που τραγουδά κυριάρχησαν στην εκπομπή. Είπε υπέροχα κάποια αγαπημένα τραγούδια και δημιούργησε φοβερό κέφι. ’ντε να δούμε ποια θα είναι η φετινή συνέχεια.

Συναυλία του Σταμάτη Σπανουδάκη με συμμετοχή Γιάννη Πάριου αύριο στις 21.00 στο κλειστό γήπεδο του μπάσκετ του ΠΑΟΚ

http://www.cosmoradio.gr/news.asp

Επανακυκλοφορεί το νέο album του Γιάννη Πάριου

Λίγους μήνες μετά την πρώτη του κυκλοφορία, το τελευταίο album του Γιάννη Πάριου θα κυκλοφορήσει σε repackaged εκδοχή.

Όπως μάθαμε, το "Δεν Γυρίζω Πίσω" μέχρι τα τέλη του Σεπτεμβρίου θα έχει κυκλοφορήσει σε repackaged εκδοχή, που θα περιλαμβάνει ένα bonus DVD με πλούσιο ακυκλοφόρητο υλικό.

Χθες είδα τη νέα έκδοση.H διαφορά είναι ότι ενώ στην πρώτη έκδοση , το dvd περιείχε 3 videoclips τώρα έχει προστεθεί ένα δεκάλεπτο αφιέρωμα με τίτλο "Το πάρτυ του Γιάννη" (ή κάπως έτσι, δεν θυμάμαι , δεν το πήρα)με αποσπάσματα από την παρουσίαση του δίσκου και δηλώσεις των παρευρισκομένων.

Το θέμα είναι ότι στο πάρτυ ήταν και ο "δικός" μας. :blush:

Και οχι μονο...... :D:)

Μετά από 35 χρόνια παρουσίας στην εγχώρια μουσική σκηνή ήλθε η ώρα για το Γιάννη Πάριο να διαβεί τις θύρες του δημαρχιακού μεγάρου για να λάβει τιμές από τη δήμαρχο Ντόρα Μπακογιάννη με αφορμή τις χρυσές και πλατινένιες πωλήσεις τριών άλμπουμ του "35 χρόνια Γιάννης Πάριος", "Δε γυρίζω πίσω", "Μια βάρκα για να πας απέναντι". Το πως η πολιτική εμπλέκεται στα γρανάζια της -εμπορικής- τραγουδοποιίας πάντως, είναι αδύνατο να κατανοήσουμε με όποια δημοσιογραφική λογική παρά μόνο με αυτήν που προκύπτει από τους νόμους του μάρκετινγκ.

Από την εφημερίδα "Το Βήμα"

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead