Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Odyseus3

Manos Loizos

14 posts in this topic

A lot of songs Ntalaras sings are composed by Manos Loizos.

Think about O stathmos, Thalassografies, Naxame ti naxame and Kalhmera Hlie. He was only 45 years old when he died in a Moscow hospital.

Hard to believe but time goes by quickly sometimes.

Athough it's a sad occasion, if you're in Greece at that time you should take your videorecorder with you. On tv they show so many old reportages and documentaries, of cause filled with a lot of beautiful music. Once I had the chance to see for one week every day one hour, but -no chance to tape!!

Manos Loizos died at the age of 45 and it was in Moscow but I dont know the cause of it.

There is however a book on Manos Loizos's live:

Written by Lefteris Papadopoulos, a text writer for whom Loizos had composed,

Titled:  "Manos Loizos" and published in 1983 by KAKTOS in Athens

It covers  a description of his live, his works and a selection of his songs.

Publisher NAKAS published "Mousikos ikos" in 1985 with music of 14 songs that were composed by Loizos. 7 of those are at "Naxame ti naxame"

Manos Loizos has been one  of the most significant Greek composers, of the range of Theodorakis, Hatzidakis, Kougioumtzis etc. From what I have read and heard on the TV and radio programs, he died in 1982 in Moscow, as Odysseus has correctly said. I have an interview from Lefteris Papadopoulos, a very close friend and collaborator of Manos Loizos,given to the music magazine "Difono" where he(Lefteris Papadopoulos) speaks about Manos Loizos as a person and his life. I'll bring it with me tomorrow and write more about his life!

Now, today evening there is a concert in Vyrona Theatre in Athens in honour of Manos  Loizos, since 19 years ago(yes, 19 years have passed already!!!),on September 17 Manos Loizos died!

The concert is organized by the radio station Melodia FM 100, but the bad news for those who would like to come and haven't bought a ticket yet, are that there are no available tickets!!!

I'll be back with more about this significant composer-Manos Loizos!

(Edited by Eleni Kapsala at 12:27 pm on Sep. 17, 2001)

Thanks Eleni. In which Difwno Magazine did you find the interview? Can you scan it as JPEG. I can send you a scanned version of the Interview with Giannhs Parios in difwno-61 (Winter-edition 2000-2001).

If you are interested in it.

I've just read that Dalaras will be singing tonight in this special concert for Manos Loizos, as will Haris Alexiou and a lot of others.  

So Eleni, if you are going, enjoy it and tell us what he sings as they are not giving out details.

Odysseus, it was in Difono-24, September 1997 edition. There's a very interesting interview with Lefteris Papadopoulos and also there are extensive comments for Mano Loizo from Haris Alexou, Dimitra Galani, Giorgos Dalaras of course, Vasillis Papakwnstantinou, Manolis Rasoulis. Odyssea, I'm afraid I don't have a scanner and I don't really know anybody that has one. I'll try to find time and type some pieces of it and send them to you. It's OK, you don't have to scan the interview of Parios for me, although your offer was very kind, thank you!

Lynne, yes I went to concert in honour of Manos Loizos last night, in fact I went with another member:SPQR. It was wonderful!!!...and Dalaras was there too. And we had the chance to speak to him as well! He sung three songs of Manos Loizos: "Αχ, χελιδόνι μου", "Έχω έναν καφενέ" and "Ήλιε μου σε παρακαλώ". As you imagine his interpretation was marvelous!!!...and I would like to tell you  more but I'm afraid I have to leave! I'll write more some other time if you are still interested, ...are you?  :)

Eleni thanks for your reply. A friend of mine in Spain is a friend of Rasoulhs. I got thru him the CD that went with the Difwno-24 magazine so he will still have it. When I get it I let all members know and it can be send with an E-mail to anyone who is interested.

On the Parios Interview there is no problem for me because I keep all this stuff in my computer or on CD. I sent it to Michael some time ago. Don't hesitate to ask because it is very easy and does not incorporate a lot of work to me.

The article on Manos Loizos in Difwno-24 has been traced back. My friend has put it on his WEB-site.

The URL is:

http://usuario.tiscalinet.es/richiski/gr/loizos.html

There are 5 pages of some 700kB each and you can copy them to your HardDisk.

I asked about Difwno-08 somewhere in 1996. It had a Not-for Sale CD attached and I guess itmust have had an interview with Stelios.

As soon as we traced it back I let you know in the Kazantzidhs thread

Looking at things is more informative than just writing about it.

Here I attach the cover of the book, on Manos Loizos, that I mentioned before. Here is the Front Cover

post-64118-Loizos___H_dikh_toy_istoria__

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0