Andreas

Technical problems...

13 posts in this topic

Sorry Nicholas, but I have found a "technical problem", although maybe it's my problem :).

I am using Netscape on a UNIX terminal, and when I want to look at song texts, I first have to have Java- scripts enabled to be able to get the menues with years (1969-1980 ...), but then I must disable Java- scripts to be able to see the different songs on the albums (and pictures...) and read the texts.

This problem is fairly common for UNIX systems, but I don't know if there are many who have the same problems or if youcan do something about it at all.

Best regards

Andreas

Andreas, I have at least a similar (or perhaps the same) problem - but only with Internet Explorer 4 and on my notebook (case A) and not with Internet Explorer 5 and a "big screen" (case :).

For example when I go to "Stixoi" - "Metafraseis":

In case A  when I click somewhere on the menue "Agglika / Ollandika / Germanika" this menue literally "jumps" IN THE LIST with the songs so  that I cannot click at the song titles.

In case B the menue "Agglika / Ollandika / Germanika" is (remains) ON THE LEFT SIDE of the list with the song titles and I can click on the song titles without problems.

Exactly the same problem (with "jumping menues" ) I have

- with the menue with greek letters which "jumps" in the song titles in the area "Stixoi" - "Alphavitika"

- with the menue "Periodos" which "jumps" in the list with the titles of the records (in the area "Diskografia" - "Prosopikoi" )

etc.etc.

Our expert for computers in the office told me that this has to do with the resolution of the screen and that the problem can be solved by changing the structure of the website.

Nikolas, I fear that my English and may way of explanation sound quite silly but please try to help us :).

It is not the same problem. My problem is tightly connected to UNIX computers. If I use any other computer, it works just fine. You seem to have problem with the browser itself and screen resolutions. That problem should perhaps be easier to fix. Anyway, Nicholas, when you have time and if it is not too much work, you can have a look at it.

Andreas

I've found another bug, amusing rather than serious: I've been exploring our profiles (mostly to find out where you all live) and everyone except Nikolas seems to have been born on 31 st. dec. 1969!

Andreas and Michael

I think that you face the same problem. I had to create the website in one platform only and then test it in others. When I finished all the things, I made the tests and I faced the problem you are talking about with Netscape, in Solaris (Unix OS). It doesn't have to do with resolution, I suppose. It is bug in my code. I found it and I thought I solved it, this is proved by what Michael says, that it is ok in the one page and not ok in the other. This means that I solved it but I didn't update all the pages it exists in. (lyrics translations and years and letters use the same technique). So, I will have a look in any possible page that has the bug and after tonight, I want you to report the page that you face this problem. This will help, if I still forget something. Anyway, I hope that this is the problem problem, I just didn't know that i didn't completely solve it.

As for the birthday, this is a problem. The Dalaras Club is written in Perl Language. Perl has a date function. This date can't be ealrier than 1/1/1970. So, if you don't give a birthday after this, you get an error and the same birthday... Anyway, I am looking at it for days and if I don't find a solution (a cheat in fact because it can't be solved), I will either remove the year in the birthday or I will remove the birthday itself. The only thing I put it for is for Dalaras Club to wish happy birthday to any member on his birthday. Give me some time for this, and some hours for the other...and please tell me about any problems you find!

ROLLING ALL OVER THE FLOOR LAUGHING!

I'm too old for this forum, that's what! I'll tell the world :biggrin:  Truly, it IS preposterous to be so fanatic at the ripe age of thirty-three years (even Hobbits are grown up by then).

Nikola, this is the nicest computer bug I ever had. Honest.

I made a small tour again in the pages with the possible problem and I saw that they are ok...maybe it is another problem or maybe you realized the problem before I correct it, about a week ago...please let me know...!

Very sorry, Nikolas, on my notebook (only here) the menues continue to "jump" into the lists (on all the pages with such menues) ;).

Michael

I am trying to locate it...try again with your notebook now only the page with translations, Στίχοι-Μεταφράσεις, the intro page. Try and tell me. I made a change only to this page.

Νικόλα, κάθομαι τώρα μπροστά στο notebook και μόλις άνοιξα στην ιστοσελίδα σου το τμήμα με τις μεταφράσεις. Δυστυχώς το πρόβλημα εξακολουθεί να υφίσταται: Μόλις κάνω κλικ σε κάποια γλώσσα (λ.χ. "Αγγλικά" ) η λίστα με τα τραγούδια εμφανίζεται αλλά την "καλύπτει" αμέσως αυτό το μενού των γλωσσών.

Michael

Δεν έγινα απόλυτα κατανοητός μάλλον. Έκανα τις νέες αλλαγές μόνο στην πρώτη σελίδα των μεταφράσεων, ούτε στα αγγλικά γαλλικά και τέτοια. Μόνο στην πρώτη, που δεν έχει λίστα τραγουδιών αλλά μόνο τα μενού. Σε αυτή τη σελίδα, τα μενού παραμένουν στα αριστερά ή κι αυτά μεγαλώνουν...; Αν δε μεγαλώνουν, πάει να πει ότι το βρήκαμε, και θα το περάσω και στις άλλες.

Νικόλα, νομίζω πως τώρα σε κατάλαβα. Φοβάμαι όμως πως μέχρι στιγμής τίποτα δεν άλλαξε:

Λοιπόν:

- Κάνω κλικ στους "Στίχους" (στο μεγάλο μενού αριστερά). Εμφανίζεται δίπλα (δεξιά) το μενού "Αλφαβητικά" - "Μεταφράσεις" - "Τα δημοφιλή" - "Αναζήτηση" (και ακόμα πιο δεξιά βέβαια η σύντομη περιγραφή του κάθε τμήματος).

- Στη συνέχεια κάνω κλικ στις "Μεταφράσεις" και εμφανίζεται το μενού με τις τρεις γλώσσες. Αυτό γίνεται στη μέση της σελίδας (και όχι στα αριστερά). Δεν "παραμένει" λοιπόν στα αριστερά αυτό το μενού.

Αυτό είναι που ήθελες να μάθεις;

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead