Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geske

Ακραία συμπτώματα

2 posts in this topic

From Η Ασφαλτος

one of the songs that most people just over-look (or over-hear).

The problem I guess is that it's buried between songs that are even better, so you don't notice how good it is.

The translation is a joint effort by Christos(regnis) and me.

ΑΚΡΑΙΑ ΣΥΜΠΤΩΜΑΤΑ || Extreme symptoms

Μουσική: Νίκος Τάτσης

Στίχοι: Ηλίας Κατσούλης

Με τα χείλη μου κλειστά σ' τα έχω όλα ειπωμένα || With my lips closed I have told you everything

με συμπτώματα γνωστά και πολύ συγκεκριμένα || With known signals, very precise ones,

με τα μάτια μου υγρά και τα χέρια ιδρωμένα || with my wet eyes and my sweaty hands,

με σημάδια φανερά σ' τα 'χω όλα ειπωμένα || with obvious indications, I have told you everything.

Κι ας βυθίζομαι στον πόνο τι σημαίνει σ' αγαπώ || An though I sink deeper into pain, the meaning of "I love you"

προτιμώ να σου το δείξω δίχως λόγια να σ' το πω || I prefer to show it to you, to say it without words.

Με τα μάτια μου θολά την ανάσα μου κομμένη || With my eyes blurred, my breath cut,

σου 'χω πει τα πιο πολλά και το σ' αγαπώ μου μένει || I have told you almost everything, only "I love you" is left

με τα χείλη μου κλειστά σ' τα έχω όλα ειπωμένα || With my lips closed I have told you everything

από τώρα και μετά κάνε κάτι εσύ για μένα || from now on and after, you, too, do something for me.

Κι ας βυθίζομαι στον πόνο τι σημαίνει σ' αγαπώ || An though I sink deeper into pain, the meaning of "I love you"

προτιμώ να σου το δείξω δίχως λόγια να σ' το πω || I prefer to show it to you, to say it without words.

Thank you, Geeske and Christos-Regnis, for this work !

I like this song very much and I realized it very consciously and with my heart though there was no translation in the forum until now. The only question I have concerns the title: ΑΚΡΑΙΑ - does it really mean 'Extreme' ? Why that ? I think of someone who is very ill, whose life may end soon, and then ... why not ' Last symptoms' ?

Herbert

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0