Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
francois

Epitafios

7 posts in this topic

The original "Epitafios" was sung by Nana Mouskouri a few month before the extraordinary version by Bithikotsis and Chiotis at the bouzouki. It is said that Sotiria Bellou should have sung the original, but due to her numerous stays at the hospital, she couldn't do it. Do you have comments about this song cycle, and has Dalaras sung any of the 8 songs?

If I remember correctly, he has sung it at least at a Theodorakis concert in Amsterdam in the late eighties. Thanks for reminding me, I'll try and check.

Thank you for your answer Geeske. I'd be delighted to hear some of those songs by him one day. I spent a lot of time trying to understand them a long time ago. I was 16 or 17 then, learning Greek and admiring The poetry of Ritsos, the music of Mikis and the voice of Bithikotsis, not to speak of the way Chiotis played the bouzouki... :huh::):music:

[...] Do you have comments about this song cycle [...]

A good question Francois.

It would be very interesting to know how the young generation feels about this song cycle which caused such a big controversy when it came out.

The subject (the double recording of Epitafios and the controversy) is discussed in great details on Mikis Theodorakis website (particularly in the French version - I think - I may not have investigated the English version thoroughly enough).

http://www.mikis-theodorakis.net/indexenglish.htm

A new version of Epitafios by Xarchakos is also mentionned.

Details here : http://www.mikis-theodorakis.net/indexenglish.htm

Who has heard it ?

:) did you find in the English version of the site the equivalent of the French pages entitled : "Deux enregistrements" "La controverse" etc. ?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0