Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
panosb

Ανεμόπτερο

54 posts in this topic

I can't believe it that we've been talking so much about the CD without analysing the songs.

Due to a friend (a club member whome I'll keep anonymous till I take permission to announce the name) I got the CD....

I listened to Poso krataei ena oneiro arround 40+ times only!

My opinion: It is a MALIGNANT (!) song.

It starts smoothly, enters our ears, passes through our brains, touches our hearts...and while we are totally surrendered to it, a hiden sword attacks our souls!

To make things worse: Even if you listen to it again, it starts by the same calmy way and you end up with a wounded soul every single time.

Oh my God! The "evil" triad (Korkolhs, Poussh and Dalaras) had the best plot ever to conquest our emotions and let us breathless...

That's enough for now...I can't stand it...

I'm going home to listen to that song again...and again...and again...helpless under the mercy of that fabulous tune, those superb lyrics and that legendary voice...saying να μένει κι ας μη βλέπει ούτε ένα φως απ' τη στεριά...

:rolleyes:

Ok folks...It seems that most of you have already "digested" the CD contents...but I haven't yet (and I wish I never get bored of the CD :rolleyes: )

The song Anemoptero, by the way, is very beautiful.

I recognised A. Mpampalh's voice from the first moment, without reading her name (who cares about other names as long as D is participating - all the others must be good too).

She sung a song in Brazilero soundtrack.

In general the lyrics are very strong and powerful in that CD. They are rich.. I understand now why Korkolhs insisted to put music to those lyrics.

Last, but not least at all, I'd like to thank Diane for buying the CD for me.

It was easier to buy it from Greece than wait till they get it in London.

Thank you Diane :music:

Well, it seems that this page is absolutely mine...No one participates in it, but many members read it!

I'll continue my...monologue.

Rating the songs of the album from 1 to 10, I think it should be as follows:

1. Poso krataei ena oneiro

2. Poso krataei ena oneiro

3. Poso krataei ena oneiro

4. Poso krataei ena oneiro

5. Poso krataei ena oneiro

6. Poso krataei ena oneiro

7. Poso krataei ena oneiro

8. Poso krataei ena oneiro

9. Havana and Anemoptero

10. The rest of the songs...plus Poso krataei ena oneiro

It's quite fair, isn't it? :)

Nobody noticed what I didn't notice...I wrote Roussi's name as the writer of the lyrics, although it was Παρασκευάς Καρασούλος the writer for those particular ones...

I apologise for my mistake... but the song's effect make me unable to concentrate on names and other details :)

Panos, your list of favourites is quite fair, of course! I only bought the CD today and it may be the consequence of a sleep-deprived brain, but my favourite at the moment is 'Διαδρομή'. This reminds me strongly of 'Don't cry for me Argentina' by Andrew Lloyd Webber, and though I'm not a great Rice/Lloyd Webber fan, I love this - maybe because it's such a great performance by Πρωτοψάλτη. But I'll probably have another favourite tomorrow.

Oh Kate! I was about to enter the Guiness book of records but YOU ruined everything :) This page was ran by me only: I was writing...I was replying...I was objecting...this was my own forum page, that you tresspassed :):):):)

To our topic. I listened to Diadromh too. Of course the whole CD is excellent...but we usually like the songs that "touch" us, according to the situation we're in.

About the fact that probably you'll have another favourite tomorrow...it is normal. The first time I listened to Havana I thought it was a regular latin song...but later on I started singing it subconciously.

Tonight I'll analyse again the Diadromh.

Lloyd Webber: His best work (from A to Z) is Phantom of the Opera :) the rest of his works are nice because of some individual songs

I'll continue my "monologue" with a question to D. Galanh's fans.

In the song "H mera skoteinh" she seems to be experimenting a new kind of performance (regarding to her previously known ones). Am I right?

I don't listen to Galanh (the last song I heard was "Alitaki" wtih E. Arbanitakh) and previously her participation in A Iwannidhs, ages ago...

So, what are your comments?

:)

Anemoptero is new (released in April 2004).

It's been extensively discussed on the forum but mostly in Greek, which might explain your un-awareness. (Speaking of which, did you catch the news about the forthcoming Dalaras dvd?)

Ανεμόπτερο is not a Dalaras cd, it's a cd by Stefanos Korkolis on which Dalaras sings 2 songs. One is Όσο κρατάει ένα όνειρο, how long does a dream last, and the other is a duet with the famous portugese singer Dulce Pontes and is called Havana.

And I've been trying ever since I got it to decide which of the two I like best, and I have failed.

Exactly as Geske said, Antometrios.

This is considered to be the English version of the discussion about Anemoptero. It is run, almost, by me alone :) (maybe because I got the CD later than the members who live in Greece - man, they bought it from the first day of its release!!!! If I were there I'd buy it, even, before its release :) )

And please PLEASE somebody share his thoughts about the CD with me :D

By the way, Geske likes the song Havana very much!

I like it too...

I like, also, its remix (it is a music-song fantasy!).

Any additional thoughts?

Ah, very intriguing! :D Now, who is this Stefanos Korkolis? What is his music like? I hope it is good.....

(And, oh, wow, a DVD???? :) :blink: :) )

Look, Korkolhs is quite famous... He had some good hits in the past.

All the songs of Anemoptero are by his music.

He has that easy-to-listen western style, in general, with a tinge of exotism, sometimes (and that makes his music popular).

In Anemoptero it is obvious that there is a Latin American influence (but the bouzouki is there - sometimes).

There are plenty of sites about mp3s etc but I don't know if they work (I can't try them :) ).

About the DVD...Don't put any hopes before you see it released...

You can buy the CD...You won't regret....

Please, please, please...

Can anybody translate the lyrics of Por Esse Mar?

Celeste, can you?

It doesn't have to be THE translation...just give us the meaning (at least let us know what is the song talking about).

Please... :wow:

As long as the Euro 2004 games finished... will "anybody" listen to my wish and translate the Por Esse Mar song?

Please :)

Sorry, Panos, I hadn't seen the request. (I promise it has nothing to do with the Euro hem,hem...).

My problem is that I need the lyrics written somewhere since I don't have the CD Anemoptero. Would anyone be so kind as to copy them for me? Like for instance you, Panos? :razz:

I'm curious too.

Por esse mar

πρωτότυποι στίχοι: Παρασκευάς Καρασούλος

Πορτογαλικοί στίχοι: Jo~ao Mendoca

`A volta das velas voei

Naus e caravelas gueiei

Por esse mar

Mil vezes parti e cheguei

O rumo perdi e achei

Por esse mar

Fui c'eu e fui sol

Raio de luar

E fui farol, sereia

A m~ao de Deus ao leme a navegar

E fui voz a gritar terra `a vista

No pano da vela pintei

Uma cruz singela e zarpei

Por esse mar

Sempra mais al'em quis chegar

Terras-de-ningu'em encontrar

Ousei sonhar

Fui c'eu e fui sol

Raio de luar

E fui farol, sereia

A m~ao de Deus ao leme a navegar

E fui voz a gritar terra `a vista

(sorry about the accents and things, but accented latin characters don't mix with the Greek so I typed the accent *before* the letter, instead of on top of it - and it's done rather quickly so there will probably be some typos)

Thanks Geske... I'd have to go back home, get the booklet, come again to the library and being subjected to the funny looks of the "creatures" arround me here....Plus I'd face the same problem in writing the accents :razz:

Anyway, I believe, Celeste will manage to sort it out....

Thanks, Geske! I did a net research and couldn't find the lyrics. Well, I'll try the translation ( a very bad one, I'm afraid)

Throughout this sea

Around the sails, I flied

Vessels and caravels I steered

Throughout this sea

A thousand times I left and came back

Lost and found my way back

Throughout this sea

I was sky, I was sun

Moonbeam

And I was a lighthouse, a mermaid

The hand of God holding the steerage

And I was the voice shouting "land at sight!" (sorry, I don't remember the correct expression used by sailors when they see the land)

On the sail's fabric I painted

A simple cross and I weighed anchor

Throughout this sea

I've always wanted to go farther away

And find no-men's land

I dared to dream

I was sky, I was sun

Moonbeam

And I was a lighthouse, a mermaid

The hand of God holding the steerage

And I was the voice shouting "land at sight"!

Well, guys, that's it. This translation sucks, I'm sorry. Be my guests to put it in a better English.

And now, for the 1 million dollars question! what is this song about???

I'll give a lollypop to whoever understands the meaning!

Anyway, I believe, Celeste will manage to sort it out....

Actually I didn't! so, I guess you can thank Geske. I hope You will win the lollypop Panos!

Thank you Celeste for the quick translation!

You may consider it "bad"...but at least now the song makes sence and - thank God! - the song's lyrics are nice (imagine it's angelic music with some silly lyrics).

Thank you Geske for making things easier - and faster - by sending the lyrics... Tonight I'll listen to the song again and I'll say:

Fui c'eu e fui sol... er.. I mean: I was sky, I was sun...Moonbeam....

:razz::)

But. Panos, you didn't say what the music was about!!! Come on, make an effort...Dulce Pontes is Portuguese...and the Portuguese are known for...? (except loosing against Greece during the Euro :razz: )

Well, Pontes is Portuguese but the music was written by Korkolis :razz:

It's a slow song which starts in a wavy way...like the sea in a summertime's night...and keeps floating in the middle of the ocean...

In the refrain there is evident change in the mood of the sea. There is a smooth current and the tunes go a little bit louder in a more lively way (though we never escape from the main calm medium). Waves are coming up... and holding us on a raft under the burning sun (it is almost 1 pm) for one moment only...and again comes the darkness... So much movement and life within a stationary dream...

The last verse of the refrain is said in such a way that makes you feel her soul is fading... or as if it is a kind of blame (!)... maybe she shows how tired she is from the multiple transformations (sky, sun etc...) and after telling us that she didn't have the control on her life - because God did - she sees the land...(but did she reach her destination?)

Then comes the second part of the song... in the same sweet way...describing her plans... her dreams...

And she starts again the refrain... till she starts losing her brightness in that pitiful verse...through a declining tune.

NB1: When I say "fade" I don't describe the muisc volume, but her expression... that verse made me insist and persist in demading that translation!!!

NB2: A common phenomenon with Korkolis music: The refrain has his own, idependant, identity from the rest of the song... the tunes change, become more lively and the last part of the refrain is duing away...

I didn't make up this description... The lyrics are fitting so well the tune and her expression is exceptional.

I think this song contains the best matching of lyrics-music. All the other songs of the CD could have had different tunes and preserved their greatness, but in this one ... the tune was made for those lyrics...and...and... Go and listen to the song if you don't believe me.

I'm waiting for comments from everybody who listened to the song and read my...illusionary description.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0