Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geske

Dalaras DVD out now

22 posts in this topic

The first (official) Dalaras DVD ever was on sale at Megaro.

We are watching it now and it's GREAT - you know him, when he does a thing he does it well!

tell us more Geske!!!....what is the content of the DVD?? is there any extra material on the disk?

I'm sure there are others in here who'd love to hear more about it.....

ILIAS

Do you mean that it can be found in the markets?

Or was it a kind of promoting advertisment for the near (or far) future?

Eleni, you just spoiled somebody's suprise :) :) :( .

It's no half-measures: the dvd is as full as can be, the image quality is stunning, it's put together as well as a good movie - and I'm not commenting on 'what's in it because I have only seen snatches untill now.........

The DVD is from the concerts of Tsitsanis and it is contained in a collector's release of the concerts,it costs 24 euros(in the Megaron of Music,the price may be less in central music stores).For a Dalaras fan, a must buy!

-John

I have been record-shopping fairly extensively around Athens in the week before the concert and there was not even a hint of it in the record-stores. So if they have it, it's since Tuesday at the earliest.

I don't think it can be on the market for less than what we paid in Megaro -it was abnormally cheap.

Ah, I want it! It had better be available online soon.... I won't be able to understand it, but at least I can watch the man sing.

I don't think it can be on the market for less than what we paid in Megaro -it was abnormally cheap.

Does this mean that it isn't released yet?:)

Please somebody specify :)

As for it being released - I had a quick look at some greek internet recordshops - didn't find it. But that does not mean much because as I have the luxury of doing my shopping "live" not "online", I am not very good with internet recordshops.

As for the ordinary greek recordshops, I can't go and check just now, sorry! You can probably just fone one or two and ask if they know about it, have it, will have it.... I'd start with Metropolis in Athens (yes they have a website with fone number).

As for the price, like Giannis said, we paid 24 euros for it in Megaro - now as far as I've seen, that is the least you can expect to pay for a σκέτο dvd of any old (b/w) greek movie. 28 or 30 is more usual.

And this NOT just the dvd.

And it is NOT any old movie.

So I would not expect to find it sold in the shops for less than it cost at Megaro, because that was already so low.

And I shouldn't worry - even if it is not in the shops yet, it will be, of course it will be! A production this perfect is not for "confidential" release, no way. OK, it may be hard to wait - but since you know it's worth waiting for, you could savour the pleasure of anticipation..............

Eleni, you just spoiled somebody's suprise :) :) :) .

Oh, sorry!! :):) Really.. I didn't have any intention. I thought the reason of not answering was that you hadn't seen the post, since you were travelling... sorry..

Never mind Eleni - it's only the "surprise" part that is spoilt, and that was only "the frosting on the cake" as they say - non-essential. It may now be replaced with "anticipation", which is a great pleasure too.

I've just noticed that it says "LIMITED EDITION" on the box. I hope it's not toooo limited because I've just watched it end to end and it's.....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(it struck me dumb :) , which takes sOmE doing, as many of you know :blink: !).

There is also a choice for PCM Audio and 5.1 channel audio,which makes it perfect for a home cinema.The video of the DVD is the same with the video broadcasted from Alpha channel on Easter day this year,but it is of excellent quality.

-John

I've just noticed that it says "LIMITED EDITION" on the box.

Oh NO! Don't tellme it will be like To Mousiko Kouti (which I bought 3 years later!!!).

Please guysif you find it ask if it will be available or if...we should search for a pyrated copy :)

I'm very sorry for the proposal that I'm going to make but there are two facts that drove me mad :mad: :

1. Almost all of us bought the ORIGINAL triple CD.

2. The new edition is LIMITED.

So my proposal: Someone from the club buys the new box and makes pyrated copies for the rest of us :) So, we'll pay just for part of the whole box and the copying expences.

I can't believe that Dalaras permited something like that to happen :huh:

It says on the box that it is a collector's edition,but not all the songs that were performed are included.At least they should have been included in the cds.

The DVD is very easy to copy.

-John

Just a quick question on the Dalaras/Tsitsanis DVD.....does anyone know if it's region-coded?? Australia is part of Region 4 whereas Greece is part of Region 2. Just wondering if anyone knows.

The last thig I'd want is to get the DVD and not be able to view it here because of the region coding

ILIAS

:rolleyes: :blink: :rolleyes::blush:

On the cover there is no indication of region coding,just the symbol of the DVD,so I would assume that it is not region coded.You can easily remove the region code if you make a backup copy though.

-John

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0