soc

This weeks favorite song

728 posts in this topic

- Niki, I wish you so much you find again your "name" or nickname at least - as you can see, I appreciate your invention for me very much, indeed -

with a song: S'agapo from the oldest album; saranda kalokeria

- Francois,   :) too, although I am not so very sure what made you so pleased - sorry, I am not so very informed about football now;

:confused:

- Geske, thanks for "Poy einai ta xronia - and  a song for you, the first part before the refrain:

Ειπα να σβυσω τα παλια, να κλεισω τα δευτερια...

Ολγιτσα

Γυρίζω τις πλάτες μου στο μέλλον  :music:

Today, for my best friend who tried to commit suicide during the night, "Αχ χελιδόνι μου".

I would like to dedicate the song "Το τραγούδι της βροχής" to your friend francois! Please tell your friend that nothing is worth commiting suicide. Time cures every pain!

Francois, all the warm thoughts for you and your friend!!!

Dare I write here what one of us told me in a heavy time: "Apply a lot of Dalaras to the wound, morning, noon and night, it's a good medicine..." and it helped me really in the periode.

If your friend does not know Greek music: as a help, the refrain from "Iptameno xali"  or at least the text (in a suitable moment,as suggestion for your friend in a translation, if needed)  - or simply γλυκο χαμογελο με αγκαλια and the thoughts and prayers of us - the friends of our friends are our friends (even if it sounds too easy here).

Ενα τραγουδι? Του Χαρου, so that nobody can think death is better than life;

Πως τα σκοτοσαν τα πουλια (Ηλιοσκοπιο) - just to dance this thought out;

Μη μου θυμονεις, ματια μου - for everybody who needs friendship and tenderness, I know only a few music compositions of such a quality, the most other is of JSBach.

Niki, σαρανδα καλοκερια once more.

Olgitsa

El Cascabel  :music: !! For the whole week!

Yesterday I wanted to listen to two songs in particular: Γυριζω τις πλάτες μου στο μέλλον (because of that :music: interview) and ομορφη και παράξενη πατρίδα (because of the Cyprus report). Now I'm lucky because one of my most precious cd has both these songs on it.

So I put on the cd.

So the friend who had come to spend the day and do some costume work said "hey, this is a great song, what is it about?" (this was about Γυρίζω...) . I said " :razz:  I tried to translate it once but I didn't get very far, but I'll have a go". So I looked up the lyrics, and... well the result is in the translation forum.

Meanwhile I had given her the print-out of the lyrics for that cd, most of them with translation, and she had forgotten her sewing for a while. So at one point she looked up and said: "hey, this guy really makes great lyrics".

The unspoken assumption being that the singer always writes his own lyrics: THE single biggest mistake in our modern western music scene, I think.

So I had to explain that in Greece, they have poets to write poetry, composers to set it to music, and singers to sing it... and that this particular poem was by a guy who not only got his Nobel prize, but richly deserved it...

So I had to explain that in Greece, they have poets to write poetry, composers to set it to music, and singers to sing it...

Very well written, Geeske! This is what I have been thinking for years!

Who knows how to find the text "Tou Xarou" there? I couldn't do it neither by "Tou Harou" nor by the beginnig of the text, "Se politeies trexei". It must have been my Greek writing, full of mistakes, I suppose....

:mad:

This is again the song of today, after the yesterday writing of Francois and as memory for his friend.

Olgitsa

Here's your song, Olga, and thanks again:

ΤΟΥ ΧΑΡΟΥ

Μουσική: Γιάννης Μαρκόπουλος

Στίχοι: Πάνος Θεοδωρίδης

Σε πολιτείες τρέχει μαύρος που θα τον δει

αρματωμένος ρήγας σε κόκκινο φαρί

κόφτει στα δυο τις ρούγες σαϊτα αστραφτερή

το μάτι του μετράει την παγωμένη γη

Ποιος ειν' αυτός που τρώει γυναίκες και παιδιά

μιας ώρας χορτασμός του δεκαοχτώ χωριά

Τον είδα στο Τραφίκι τον είδα στα Πλανά

και μες τη Σαλονίκη ξένους να προσκυνά

μην ειν' ο γιος του δράκου μην ειν' ο ζακβεής

μην ειν' ο γέρο Γιάννης ο Γιάννος ο νταής

Δεν ειν' ο γιος του δράκου δεν ειν' οχτρού παιδί

δεν ειν' ο γέρο Γιάννης μαύρος που θα τον δει

Κανείς μας δεν τον ξέρει σώσε μας Παναγιά

μια κι η ζωή που ζούμε φεύγει και δε γυρνά

Hasta Siempre, can't help it, makes me allways think of his eyes, right into my eyes.

Micki

Definitely and more times, over all the state borders(did not the voices of Greece reach up to Poland as I was a little girl?):

Θα'ρφεις, παλι θα'ρφεις (Βαμμενα κοκκινα μαλλια) for Francois and his friend - we dare not forget them till everything is well again.

Geske, thanks for your suggestion and Nikola, for your help, it seems, I got it...

Olgitsa

(btw. Nιki, ποιος ξερει, πως περνας:rolleyes:

Niki, don't change anything you will not, and please, don't think too intensively about the end of the song. If you need so badly, turn into "Palio stratioti" from the same album.

We have now 30 grades Centograde here - a real summer, mia agapi gia to kalokeri...

Glad to hear you again, paraponiariko moy.

Olgitsa

Amor Amor

since about half past one this morning

AMOR AMOR!

thank you Pavlo, thank you Niki, thank youuuuuuuuu!

the song is in my ears and my ears are in Zygos...

AMOR AMOR!