soc

This weeks favorite song

728 posts in this topic

For me, Con te partiro/Pote xana

and

Asimenia Sfiga...

I'm so sad, but I don't know why...

my favorite song for this week has to be "Oi eleftheroi ki wraioi" for good luck only. Exams start and every exam period I use this song to bring me good luck. As the first time it happened by chance, 7 years ago.

Καλή τύχη, Nikolas, to you and everyone who's having exams.

My song tonight is Αυγούστος, because I just found who wrote it.

Mine is "Edo den einai Saloniki"

Nikola good luck! :)  Though I don't think you need it... :)

Kate this song may have stayed in your mind because it is one of the very few nights (and yesterday as well) that both stars and the moon are so visible in UK.

If you are interested, I have recorded in the past, in a bad sound quality of course, a part from Radio Thessaloniki where the producer mixed different versions of Avgoustos. Dalaras' one is there as well, but not the CD version. Another! So?

Nikola

Whatever the stars and moon were doing yesterday I didn't stand much chance of seeing, especially living in London where the sky hardly exists even when there are no clouds.  (There was a song around a few years ago in England (etc) about the weather that had a line 'In July the sun is hot.  Is it shining?  No it's not')   But many thanks, it seems a good enough reason for a song to appear out of nowhere.

A miracle just happened that was not a real miracle, because I was expecting it: the radio gave me, for the first time, a Dalaras song that I had never heard before.

But

he does not fail us

it WAS a miracle after all. Because within two lines, I knew which song it was and, disbelieving my ears all the way, understood all the words - because I'd translated them...

So, today's song:

Της ορφάνιας γιος.

All evening, at least from 2100 - that's 2200 Greek time. Kept me up way past my bedtime, that guy did.

Why? Because they played your song just before? :) :)  :cool:

This week's favorite -and especially today's favorite-is Κάποια,κάπου,κάποτε cause today it's the birthday of my first -real- love!

(And,Geeske,she still doesn't tell me if she wants the autograph :) )

And because it's a custom, at least in Holland, on congratulation/well-wishing a person on the birthday of someone close to them. So: beste wensen! :)

Well, next time that Niki calls and asks for Τη ζωή μου μη διαβαζεις in order to dedicate it to Nikolas, Pavlos, Antonis and me, we have to remember to tell her to dedicate it also to Geeske, since she will be listening to this guy, who after the dedication will play another song, just for bonus

I said: "and to all the others from the internet"

And he said: "and to the other guys whose names I don't know"   :mad:

and I actually had the dammm radio on, Niki! and I didn't hear -of course, being completely unable to understand a word, I just didn't listen... Well, at least I heard the song, that's the most important.

It's a weird, weird - warm - weird feeling, to be listening all together like that...

For me, θεός αν είναι

because I've heard it now in so many different versions... and every time, it reminds me of the only right one (right in front of my nose and no violins).

Also because I'm convinced there is something wrong in the translation of the lyrics in the booklet, but don't know what...