Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fadi

Αχ ο μπαγλαμάς

14 posts in this topic

Hi to All

in which disc this song appeared at the first time?!i think there is a mistake in the site -there written that the song appear only in the disc "TA TRAGOUDIA MOU"'and this is not true,the song appears also in the collection "TA XROMATA TOU XRONOU"-and i'am looking for the disc it was included in for the first time....

and another question:

it's originally Dalaras's song?or he took it from another singer?!

Thank u!

:D:D

Τα χρώματα του χρόνου really is a collection and nothing else: all the songs in it are taken from *existing* records. As far as I know, Dalaras recorded αχ ο μπαγλαμάς only once, in τα τραγούδια μου, in '83.

And it's available now in the beautifully remastered re-release.

The site does not mention *every* release of the songs - this is not a mistake, it's because it would an almost impossible attempt.

Thank u Dear Geske

but when was the Studio Version (that appears in Τα χρώματα του χρόνου ) recorded?!

he recorded it especially for this collection?!

and is it originally a Dalaras song?!or he took it from another singer?

Thank's Again

:):):)

Don't thank me, because IF it IS a studio version in τα χρώματα του χρόνου, THEN I've been telling you μαλακίες. I can't check because I haven't got τα χρώματα του χρόνου...

I don't think they did any recordings specially for that, I thought it was a short-version of the Music Box??? (that's why I never bought it...).

And I don't know the previous history of the song (if any). It's before my time :) ! On the other hand they did tell me a joke about «αχ ο μπακλαΒάς» :lol: .

but when was the Studio Version (that appears in  Τα χρώματα του χρόνου ) recorded?!

he recorded it especially for this collection?!

and is it originally a Dalaras song?!

The history of this song is indeed a little bit unclear. Yes, it is originally a Dalaras song but definitely it was not recorded for "Ta hromata tou hronou".

In the book "Ta tragoudia mou" with the song lyrics by Lefteris Papadopoulos we can read that it is a record from 1973.

I am almost sure that originally it was only released as single record (45 strofes). As far as I know, the first time it was published on LP was a compilation of various songs by Apostolos Kaldaras. This LP has the title "Apostolos Kaldaras - 10 hronia tragoudi" and it is from 1979. All songs of this LP could be found on other LP records too, with exception of "Ah, o mpaglamas".

PS:

In the meantime I looked into an old catalogue of "Minos" and my assumption seems to be right::

There was a single record (Minos 5443) with the song "Ah, o mpaglamas". On the second side of this single was the song "Eimaste to ftoholoi".

This one you can find on the compilation (LP / CD) of Dalaras' songs on single records "Gia ta tragoudia ki ego ftaio". (Obviously they did not take in this compilation the song "Ah, o mpaglamas" because it was released on the above mentioned LP with songs by Kaldaras.)

Anyway, the year 1973 is correct, as it is mentioned as the year of release of the song "Eimaste to ftoholoi".

In the booklet of "Τα χρώματα του χρόνου" says:

"Αχ ο μπαγλαμάς"

Από δίσκο 45 στροφών 1973

:) brilliant!!!

I just found in the booklet of Το Μουσικό κουτί :

Δίσκος 45 στρογών 1972.............

:)

Thank u very much friends

when u say " 45 στρογών " u mean "ΓΙΑ ΤΑ ΤΡΑΓΟΥΔΙΑ ΚΙ ΕΓΩ ΦΤΑΙΩ "?!

or there is another disc?!

because from the song list in the site this song dosen't appear there...!

(i have this disc but i don't find it to check! :):(:))

Thx :)

No, we mean those small flat round objects, about 17 cm in diameter, with a groove scored in the black plastic surface, which you put on record-player with a needle to get the noise out of them.............. :):)

Apparently, the original version of this song was released in '73 on a 45 single, made a hit, but never appeared on a proper album, until someone dug it out to put it in the Music box (to mousiko kouti) - which has other treasures of this kind.

http://www.dalaras.com/forum/index.php?s=6...26&hl=Λίστα++45

:lol: :lol: :(:D :lol: :lol:

No, we mean those small flat round objects, about 17 cm in diameter, with a groove scored in the black plastic surface, which you put on record-player with a needle to get the noise out of them..............
:razz::razz: Geske

THANK U AGAIN AND AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU

ΣΑΣ ΕΥΧΑΡΙΣΤΩ ΠΑΡΑ ΠΟΛΥ

:):):)

when u say " 45 στρογών " u mean "ΓΙΑ ΤΑ ΤΡΑΓΟΥΔΙΑ ΚΙ ΕΓΩ ΦΤΑΙΩ "?!

or there is another disc?!

because from the song list in the site this song dosen't appear there...!

In the booklet of the CD (double LP) "Gia ta tragoudia ki ego ftaio" Panos Geramanis writes that Dalaras had released 72 songs on single records (= "diskoi 45 strofon") between 1967 and 1976 and that only 22 of them are part of the CD (double LP), as the other ones were already published sometime on an LP record (= "diskos 33 strofon").

So it seems that "Ah o mpaglamas" cannot be found at "Gia ta tragoudia ki ego ftaio" because (after its release as single in 1973) it was already part of the LP "Apostolos Kaldaras 10 Hronia tragoudi" in 1979. Not a personal LP of Dalaras, but an LP however.

Thank u Michael

That's intresting

i found Geeske's Translation here

http://www.dalaras.com/forum/index.php?act...0d4099192532c5b

and u have a question:what they mean with "αρσενη"?!

i didn't find this word in the dictionary...and it's not a person name-it's not a Capital letter " χέρια του αρσένη"....and i don't understand the translation "in Arsenis' hands"

so who is this arseni?!

thank's again :):):)

Wow, I'd completely forgotten that translation... It's very old, maybe I ought to have a second look at it?

Anyhow, yes, Arsenis is a person, he's the guy who's playing the baglamas. There are not many typos in the song lyrics in the site - in fact there are ridiculously few! - but they *do* exist, and the most frequent are the (missing) capitals and (missing) punctuation.

By the way, 'arsenis' is the same word as the adjective arsenikos, which translates into English, depending on the context, as 'male', 'manly' or 'masculine'. It's also the root of the name of the chemical element Arsenic (well-known in detective fiction).

, maybe I ought to have a second look at it?

yes'it's before almost three years...but it's an excellent translation so u dont have to check it again... :)

Thank u for the explanations :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0