Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anna

Dalaras on Cyprus

33 posts in this topic

Dalaras came to Cyprus already the 20th of July, next day after he did the concert at Vyronas.

20.07.2004. 30 years after the Turkish invasion on Cyprus. For the Greek-Cypriots a day full of sad, very sad memories. And Dalaras went there, to show hes one of them.

and he participated in a concert in Lefkosia that evening

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/news/main.php?i...15242&archive=1

and they love him at Cyprus

post-3-1092340345.jpg

I took this photo from Lynnes veranda. You see Ammochostos (Famagusta). If you look carefully you see in the back the mountain range, and there - far away from all - you find Karpasia.

In the night, after the concert we had a look again. Strange, just a few lights, the rest dark

post-3-1092340473.jpg

With the Estoudiantinas Dalaras did 3 concerts on Cyprus. In Larnaca and Lemesos, which were very good, and inbetween the one in Paralimni, which was the one.

The poster, and btw. it was the only one I saw.

Not so much advertising for Dalaras.

Much more for Sakis Rouvas, on TV and in the newspapers, seems he needs a lot...

post-3-1092340601.jpg

The ticket

just to show they printed the wrong!!! starting time on it.

and have a look at the price (10 CYP = 17,50 Euro)

post-3-1092340685.jpg

The wrong time on the ticket was the reason we went early, very early. We knew the concert would start at 9.00h, but, would the others know?

The car park was almost empty. The place, a stadion, the new stadion, concrete, nothing else, no atmosphere at all

post-3-1092340776.jpg

the only colour in this desert was a waggon covered with awful toys. Well, why not, try to make business with a Dalaras concert and Im very sure the guy sold some of his beauties!!

post-3-1092340905.jpg

Big surprise at the entrance, they let us in!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, afterwards, we are very sure the guy at the door made a mistake, as later they closed again the entrance. So it was only a few, about 20 people sitting there, waiting, watching, listening..

post-3-1092341016.jpg

Dalaras wasnt as busy as he was in Ermoupolis, where he checked everything and went to each corner and each sound- and light-board. Here he just gave some orders to some instruments, some hints where in a song he wants to hear especially which instrument.

And real fascinating, if youre lucky to attend some concerts in a row, you get the fine distinction, the small changes. It is just great what he does. He seems to hear everything. Its special for Dalaras to find out the highlights of a song and he has the feel for the right music instrument, the instrument which can set a special accent, to do the underlining. Hes a real musician!

And he works hard, take a look at his face and you'll see.

post-3-1092341534.jpg

Finally they finished the rehearsal. Dalaras closed his map, left the stage and disappeared into his dressing room. Very exclusive this time. Have a look again at the photos of the rehearsal, you will see two white tops behind the orchestra. These are the tops of 2 tents they built up there. One for Glykeria and one for Dalaras.

post-3-1092341810.jpg

More and more people came and filled up the one side of the stadion. But a small audience, about 1.500.

The first one on stage was Mrs. Kyriakus Pelagia. If you dont know her have a look at:

http://www.phileleftheros.com/main/main.as...d=134&id=266522

with a kind of poem she greeted and welcomed Glykeria and Dalaras.

And afterwards Dalaras dedicated the song Στό πα και στό ξαναλέω to her.

post-3-1092341998.jpg

After the Εμβατήριο Σμύρνης by the Estoudiantinas, Aretula did the opening. They put her place in front of the stage, and as we were sitting very close, but also a bit up, impossible to see her and to take a photo. But there were 2 big screens at both sides (1st time I saw a screen at a Dalaras concert) and with this screen the view was perfect. During the whole concert we had this screen. And as the guy at the camera did also zooming in and out and looking around at the orchestrasometimes I didnt know were to look for the best view.

Dalaras, all in black, came out and was greeted with a great welcome

post-3-1092342134.jpg

The concert. Everything was fine, the lights, the acoustics. The musicians and singers in good mood.

As chorus with all the concerts on Cyprus we had Diastasis. You know them from the CD: Ες Γην εναλίαν Κύπρον.

post-3-1092342433.jpg

Im not posting a list of the songs, they were similar to the other concerts Dalaras did with the Estoudiantinas. But that evening no Μάτια μου, as Panagiotis Lalezas wasnt on stage.

So it was only Glykeria and Dalarasand Aretula

post-3-1092342568.jpg

I thought about listing the best songs.

.well, just a small problem, they ALL were best!!

But very special : Τζιβαέρι, the first song of Glykeria

post-3-1092342640.jpg

Very very special: Σουλτανί γεγκιάχ by the Estoudiantinas!! Different from the CD version and much much more long! Fantastic! And the violins in the beginning! For me they sound like broken. Especially Giorgos Marinakis!! Bravo!

This live version presents highest standard of music. And I get angry when the audience isnt able to listen, as it starts very quiet, for a long time. Too long, too quiet for some

And very very very special, or how shall I call it: Μάνα μου Ελλάς by Dalaras. I never heard him doing such a long and good taximia with his voice. And the singing of the song, outstanding! And also Glykerias joining in: Τα ψεύτικα τα λόγια

An unforgettable version of this song!

They all did their very best and you see how Dalaras enjoyed.

post-3-1092342790.jpg

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0