Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anna

Athens 2004

93 posts in this topic

Only Marinella's part was playback.  I dont know about Parios' part. Dalaras, Alexiou and Galani sang live
Christo, unfortunately for you, it wasn't live. It was playback, as well as the whole concert of the ceremony. It had been announced, and we knew from some days before, that it would be playback. The whole musical programme was recorded in studio, recently, especially for the closing ceremony.

Well, what is true now?????

(Personally, when watching Dalaras [and the other singers too] I am almost completely sure that it was playback, but I cannot prove it.)

For the sake of accuracy my statement was based only on the impression I got by watching them. I don't have any "inside" information, so I apologize if my sentence came out as not subjective.

Soc, I think that someone already mentioned that but I have to repeat that many weeks before the ceremony it had been announced that ALL the songs are going to be performed playback.

In addition, I have to add my own evidence... that I have heard -through the phone- the recordings (thanks to a friend of mine who worked for the ceremony) some days before the event. :):music:

For the sake of accuracy my statement was based only on the impression I got by watching them. I don't have any "inside" information, so I apologize if my sentence came out as not subjective.

Now I understand! Thank you, soc. For me, your posting sounded indeed like presenting a fact. :)

Soc, I think that someone already mentioned that but I have to repeat that many weeks before the ceremony it had been announced that ALL the songs are going to be performed playback.

In addition, I have to add my own evidence... that I have heard -through the phone- the recordings (thanks to a friend of mine who worked for the ceremony) some days before the event. :rolleyes::pity:

:)

Christos let me ask you

I only heard one song sung from Parios and it was his Nisiotiko

"KALE SOI PANAYIA MOU"

so I don't know if he sang anything else besides that.

Anyhow, was the playback, the same recording from his Nisiotika album back in '82 or this a new recording?

And how about the rebetika songs Dalaras sang? Were these new renditions for the ceremony or previosly recorded material?

And why did they choose to go this route for?.

Is it because they could not accommodate a Live sound with all the dancers, speakers, and performners coming out one after another?

Would about the orchestra shown durng' ZORBA'' & 'MANNA MOU HELLAS'? were they too just going through the motion or really playing but their sound was dubbed in the background over tape?

How can you tell they were heard Live or not?

:music:

Christo, everything you listened at the ceremony are new recordings especially for the event. The only reason that music and songs were playback is to avoid errors (of any kind) during this broadcasting (attended by some 4 billion people around the world).

After thinking and observing I reached a...solution.

I think that "most" of the concert was playback. But from experience, some artists like singing over their recorded voice.

Still I can't believe that the amanes was just a pre-recorded song :)

Having finally seen the closing ceremony, I may say that I liked the soundtrack very much.

I didn't care much for the "clip". Since I am not good with videoclips generally this is expectable. Also unimportant.

As for the playback.

I can't believe that the organisers would take the risk of doing all the music live, besides it would throw out the rehearsals, wouldn't it? But I too have trouble believing that all of it was playbacked. The mixture playback/live is not impossible, is it?

But besides. Is it really that important?

I mean, I feel cheated by playback in a concert, but not in a thing like this...

............και ο Νταλάρας ήταν playback και φαινότανε και πολύ μάλιστα.... όλοι πρέπει να ήτανε.... μα έχω μια μικρή αμφιβολία για την Γαλάνη!!!!!!!

:)

............και ο Νταλάρας ήταν playback και φαινότανε και πολύ μάλιστα....

Είχα ακριβώς την ίδια εντύπωση!

Everything was playback.

And The amanes of Dalaras was obviously a playback.

You could easily understand it by the way he changed the shape of his mouth while nothing really changed at the sound. Well I can't describe it exactly, but yes it was playback and it showed that way.

The recording of course was new.

Πάνο σίγουρα τραγουδούσε μαζί με την μαγνητοφωνημένη φωνή, αλλά εμείς ακούγαμε μόνο το studio.

They did well to record everything in studio because that way they avoided mistakes, noises etc that would spoil the feeling of the ceremony

Παιδιά μην προβληματίζεστε άλλο!

Όλοι οι τραγουδιστές, στο πρώτο μέρος ,στη λήξη-και ο Γιώργος-τραγούδησαν playback. Πήρα μέρος στην τελετή και το ξέρω. Τέλος!

Η τελετή λήξης των Ολυμπιακών Αγώνων της Αθήνας, μεταδίδεται σήμερα 29-8-2005 σε επανάληψη, στις 18:30 το απόγευμα από τη ΝΕΤ.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0