Geske

Ωδή στον Καραϊσκάκη

10 posts in this topic

An interesting fact that I just learned from Odysseas Ioannou, and am passing on for those who don't know yet and aren't listening to Melodia just now...

The song "Ode to Georgios Karaiskakis", by Dionysis Savvopoulos, which Dalaras sings on "To Elliniko Prosopo", was originally written as an "Ode to Che Guevara" ; but as this would not have been accepted at the time, politically, Savvo put one freedom fighter in the place of another...........

This, btw, reminds me that I realised not very long ago that the title of this :) album has been mistranslated (by the official translator, whoever it was, who did the cd-sleeve).

It does not mean "the Greek face of Giorgos Dalaras", it means "the Greek personality of Giorgos Dalaras".

It does not mean "the Greek face of Giorgos Dalaras", it means "the Greek personality of Giorgos Dalaras".

You see, sometimes when you translate just words you can miss the real meaning.

In some languages "face" means also personality.

I'm not sure about English, but your comment, Geske, notified me toward this assumption I had made: that everybody, through the translation, understood immediately the meaning of the original title :)

I had been told that Ωδή στον Γεώργιο Καραϊσκάκη was actually written for Labrakis, (that's why there are μεγάφωνα, ασύρματοι από παντού), but perhaps Odysseas Iwannou knows better...

Διονύσης Σαββόπουλος και Γιώργος Νταλάρας τραγουδούν την "Ωδή στο Γεώργιο Καραϊσκάκη" και το "Τσάμικο" σε κοινή συναυλία τους το 1990.

«Ωδή στον Καραϊσκάκη» και «Τσάμικο» με Σαββόπουλο και Νταλάρα

Υπογράφει: Θανάσης Γιώγλου

25/03/2012

http://www.ogdoo.gr/...=2331&Itemid=45

Ας αλλάξει κάποιος διαχειριστής τον τίτλο του topic στα ελληνικά...

4 people like this

Χρόνια πολλά σε μας και στο αθάνατο; ελληνικό κράτος!

Χρόνια πολλά για τη σημερινή μέρα, σε πείσμα όσων προσπαθούν να την ξεχάσουμε, "κι όποιος δεν καταλαβαίνει δεν ξέρει πού πατάει και πού πηγαίνει..."

Μια συνάντηση που είχα ξεχάσει. Τι υπέροχες δεύτερες φωνές και τι υπέροχος συντονισμός στο Τσάμικο παρα το γεγονός πως ο Σαββόπουλος ήταν επι σκηνής και ο Νταλάρας στον εξώστη (δεν το θυμόμουν αυτό καθόλου).

Πολύ ωραίο! Αυτό το βίντεο θα προωθηθεί και στη χορωδία του 5ου Γυμνασίου Κορυδαλλού που δείχνει μια τεράστια προτίμηση πάντα σε αυτές τις εκτελέσεις με τον Νταλάρα. ;) Συγκριτικά με του Σαββόπουλου εννοώ...

Ρε σεις, αλλάξτε τον τίτλο του topic....

Μήπως να τον βάζαμε και σωστά? "Ωδή στο Γεώργιο Καραϊσκάκη" (Ode to Georgios Karaiskakis)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead