Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irina

birthday

19 posts in this topic

Hi, friends! Are we going to celebrate Dalaras' birthday (I think it's next September 29)? I still have no idea of how we can do it, but I'm sure your brains are already working...

I'll be in a 16th century living history camp that saturday, with a couple dozen friends dressed in doublets, pluderhose etc... and I've already promised them: κερνάω τα ποτά.

I'll be packing my lugguage to go to Crete, I leave the 30th. And I will of course have a drink and toast to him, send him a card, a mail, ...

Could we put something on the site to congratulate him?

Micki

Let's start a poem for Dalaras' birthday.

I trust the Greek members to translate or put in correct Greek where necessary to have a beautiful poem.

I'll start the first lines (or somewhere in between).

Ekso vrechei

Mesa, akouw "Luna Rossa" kai echw iliotherapeia.

Kai an echw mia apascholimenh mera,

To vradu, akouw "Louloudi" kai ksekourazomai,

others ?? Good luck, let's just go for it.

Micki

I have an idea. Let's make a birthday card and have somebody who lives in Athens to take it to Minos-EMI offices. I don't know how yet, but it would be nice to have our names and wishes and when we come from, in our own handwriting. I don't know how. Fax maybe? And how are going to put them together in a card. Come on. Ideas.

A sort of patchwork card?

With a patch for everyone who contributes? Say 1/16 th of A4 format per patch.

The modern way:

You make yours, find someone with a scanner, scan it, and mail it to the volunteer with the awesome computer who will stick all the patches together, and mail it to the person in Athens who will print it on his (or her) (or his bosses) awesome colorprinter... and delivers it.

The old-fashioned way:

make the patches real paper patches, to be mailed by snail-mail to the Athenian victim, who will stick them together with glue, and deliver them!

I'm game. But then, I don't live in Athens :)

Good idea that patchwork card !

Maybe with all our smiling faces on it? So one card with only everybody's face (WITH SMILE OF COURSE). My colleague can scan for me. Who do I send it to (I have this great picture of me, a friend of mine and HIM), hahaha.

Micki

I am in. Either way. We have to do t fast though. Let's see what the rest of the members have to say.

Come on people. Move forward

I'm no computer expert...I like the idea of "smiling faces" and other pleasant icons (roses, hearts...) being sent all togheter from this "unofficial" and excellent site to the "official" site or to the record company. How can we do it?

Maybe he does not celebrate birthdays. I thought in Greece they celebrate NAME-days. So his would be the day of Αγιος Γιωργος.

Can anyone confirm this and who knows which day it is Agios Giwrgos day

Thanks Lynne,

I still think we should do something for his birthday. We can again do something for his Nameday.

In the same time, I get this mail from you. So, I will tell to everybody this: My real name is Anne-Mie. Micki is a name that my mom used to call me when I was a child. I still like that name, therefor I use this on the website.

Lynne, it's no secret at all. I just still like tis name (she called me that way because I was so shy when I was a little girl, like a mouse, Micki Mouse, there to every one my secret is revealed).

I'll keep the member-name though in the site.

geia chara,

Micki

Mallon den drasthriopoiithikame arketa nwris. Gamwto. Thn allh fora prepei na drasoume pio grhgora. As eimaste pio syntonismenoi sth giorth tou. Ola auta vevaia tha lythoun otan osoi mporoun gyrisoun pisw kai anoixoume ena fan club sthn Athina.

Hi Micki and everyone

and Soc an to all

I have come up with a suggestion that maybe practical to be put in use.

We will need the help of Nikolas though.

We could start a new page on the site.

and make it link to another web site

This new page on our site would have greetinds and best wishes from all the members and posibly attach pictures of smiles on their.

For example, say if Nikolas wanted to extend a new webpage on his web site for Dalaras birthday,

he could then add a link to some of these

birthday cards on the Internet  

like Blue Card BlueMountain.

Or from Yahoo Greetings cards

has anyone ever heard of these?

If anyone else knows the web authors from the ofiicial Dalaras site.  www.dalaras.gr

we could send them the attachment through a hyperlink.

The whole idea of this procedure is to avoid having to delete the send snail mail by  sending it to the offices of Minos.

What are some of your opinions on this??

Christo,

That's a good idea, very good idea. Everybody can put in what they like, a photo, a card, a poem, whatever that comes from the heart.

Micki

It's a really good idea but unfortunately we don't have much time. His birthday is tomorrow. We can do something like that on his nameday or his birthday next year.:wink:    

Sorry, his birthday is in six days not tomorrow so we might have some time. (I've got a friend whose birthday is tomorrow and I'm not so good with dates and stuff).:shy:    

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0