Christo

"Personal" Facts About Dalaras.

67 posts in this topic

:D

Xronis are you referring to the instrument the Oud?

Thats really interesting and why only just the Oud and not the Guitar, Bouzouki and Baglama or other instruments as well?

Who teaches this?

:D

Yes, It's the instrument I'm reffering to......the oud.

I heard this from a credible source. I think he chose the oud because I've heard it is his favorite instrument, and it's less common than the guitar or the bouzouki or baglama.

and there goes another personal fact about Yorgo.

His mother Kiria Sultana is a Smirnya. And also I know that h eloves his mana very very much. Kai itane para poli orea yineka. You can see her fotos in the `official website of dalaras` (signomi Niko :music::music::music: )

I have a question to ask. Does anyone know -I guess folks from Greece can answer- why Dalaras prosecuted someone for diffamation? I saw this on one site I couldn't open and I wondered if it had to do with the Cyprus issue. Thanks

brett

I suppose you mean the guy named Panousis.

The story as far as I can remember is this:

This guy Panousis, in his shows, he presented a "video" with Dalaras singing and money floating from his mouth and he comented on that video, that Dalaras voluntary offers to sing in Cyprus as well as his interest are not genuine, but have a goal "money".

Therefore, Dalaras did what he had to do, to protect himself.

But I think he and Panousis go a long way back in things like that. But this incident was the one that irritated Dalaras the most.

Thanks so much for the answer, Niki. That's funny, whatever choices we make, even humanitarian issues we decide to fight for, there's always someone ready to criticize and usually, that someone is never able to do it himself/herself. I had a greek friend who paid me a visit in Portugal, and when I told him that I loved Dalaras's music, he replied in a way that I didn't appreciate, such as: We're fed up with Dalaras, he does this, he does that...and so on, meaning he wasn't sincere about the causes he fought for and meaning that he wanted too much the public attention.

We have a saying for that in Portugal (and very appropriate I should say). One cannot please Greeks and Trojans at the same time. That's so true!

Anyway, I didn't quite understand the Cyprus issue. Dalaras brought to the highlights the problem of the turkish occupation and the fight of the Cypriots for freedom, didn't he? If someone could give me some light on that, I'd be grateful.

Dalaras brought to the highlights the problem of the turkish occupation and the fight of the Cypriots for freedom, didn't he?

Yes he did. Also he did concerts, where the money were given to a special "organisation" belonging to the state of Cyprus i think.

In a TV interview to E.Akrita Dalaras said that when he was a child he used to issue leaflets(=προκυρήξεις) of EDA.

He always says aboyt his feelings for Aristera.. :)

...he has excellent taste in ALMOST anything that one can think of, so have i and this is why i love him...

Από την εφημερίδα ΛΟΙΠΟΝ 15 Φεβρουαρίου 2001

Χαμογελαστός , αθλητικός τύπος , ακριβής , ευγενής ,πρόσωπο χαμηλών τόνων, δεν είναι κοσμικός , δεν πάει σε πάρτι , είναι άψογος επαγγελματίας , δείχνει να ξέρει πολύ καλά κάθε στιγμή που πατάει και τι θέλει να πει και είναι από τους πρώτους Έλληνες που είδε το όνομά του να φιγουράρει σε δισκάδικα του εξωτερικού

Το επώνυμό του είναι Νταράλας και για καλλιτεχνικούς λόγους το άλλαξε

Στην πολύχρονη καριέρα τουέχει τραγουδήσει σχεδόν τα πάντα και επί σκηνής έχει συνεργαστεί με όλα τα ιερά τέρατα του ελληνικού τραγουδιού.

Είναι από τους πρώτους που τόλμησε συνεργασίες με μεγάλα ξένα ονόματα.Ανάμεσά τους και πιο πρόσφατα ειναι του Al di Meola και του Paco de Lucia.

Η οικογένειά του έχει βγάλει κι άλλα ονόματα στο τραγούδι. Πρώτος ο πατέρας του , ο Λουκάς Νταράλας, και κατά δεύτερο λόγο η αδελφή του Ελένη.

Ο γάμος του με την ’ννα Ραγκούση τού άλλαξε εκατό τοις εκατό τη ζωή, καθώς βρήκε στο πρόσωπο της προικισμένης πρώην δημοσιογράφου το ιδανικό πρόσωπο που παίζει ρόλο συντρόφου και πιστόυ συνεργάτη.

Οι πωλήσεις των cd του από την ημέρα που ξεκίνησε μέχρι σήμερα αυξάνονται αλματωδώς.

Είναι από τους πρώτους που είπε "όχι" στη νύχτα και στους νόμους της σχετικά με το ύφος της διασκέδασης. Κατά καιρούς ακούγεται ότι θέλουν να τον πείσουν με τρομερά ελκυστικές προτάσειςνα απαντήσει καταφατικά και να εμφανιστεί σε κάποιο κέντρο, αλλά η απάντηση είναι πάντα αρνητική.

Το μενού κάθε χρονιάς του έχει συναυλίες τόσο στην Ελλάδα , όσο και στο εξωτερικό.

Αγαπημένο του ντύσιμο είναι το ξεχωριστό και μερικές φορές πολύ ακριβό κάζουαλ. . Χωρίς να είναι μανιάκος με τη μόδα , παρακολουθεί το ρεύμα της εποχής και είναι πάντα καλοντυμένος.

Δεν φοράει σχεδόν ποτέ γραβάτες.

Οικογενειάρχης, λατρεύει τη γυναίκα του ’ννα και την κόρη του Γεωργιάννα και ονειρεύεται πάντα ένα καλύτερο αύριο τόσο για τον εαυτό του , όσο και για την οικογένειά του .

Εκατό τοις εκατό αθλητικός τύπος , ο Γιώργος Νταλάρας στις όποιες ελεύθερες ώρες του κάνει σπορ. Δεν πίνει αλκοόλ , μόνο χυμούς δεν καπνίζει ποτέ , τρέχει κολυμπάει.

Οδηγεί μηχανές από πιτσιρικάς αλλά και δύο αυτοκινητα μεγάλου κυβισμού, το ένα εξ αυτών ένα εντυπωσιακό τζιπ.

Η λατρεία του για τις μηχανές ξεκινάει από πολύ παλιά.Κάποιοι από εσάς ίσως να θυμούνται τη εποχή εκείνη που κυκλοφορούσαν οι συλλεκτικές φλορέτες.

Αγαπημένη του ασχολία , να εργαζεται και να πειραματίζεται με τις ώρες στο τελευταίας τεχνολογίας στούντιο που βρίσκεται στο υπόγειο του σπιτιού του. Όταν δεν κάνει μουσική φροντίζει τις συλλογές του.

Wow ... I didn't even know the man was married.... :razz:

I want to know about his education. Did he go to college or anything like that? Did he just always plan to be THE SINGER?

He always did sing, but he didn't decide to be a professional singer until after he finished his schooling. As a car mechanic, at age 17 or 18.

After that, he went on to become one the most cultivated, widely-read, well-informed men in Greece. He is living proof that formal schooling is utterly irrelevant to a person's real education.

(Other example: Agatha Christie never went to school for a single day in her entire life.).

Wow ... I didn't even know the man was married.... :razz:

Look in the "pictures" topic (upload section of the forum). You'll see his wife and his daughter in a few pictures (very few - he protects his privacy).

Anyone who has followed his career would have noted that Dalaras' hairstyle has changed throughout the years. However, there had been a drastic change in recent years. I must say that the short hair suits him very well. However, I can't figure out what could have caused such a big change. Was it because:

His hair is falling down, or

He makes more money now and can afford a haircut, or

He changed barbers, or

He finally decided to look his age, or

His wife told him: "Honey, I'm fed up with you following me all the time to my hairdresser. Would you mind to get your own?"

:):pity::wow::music:

The last option is pretty interesting, I should say. And I even think there was a time his hair was longer than hers.

About haircuts, there was one I absolutely don't like. How can I describe it? It's when his hair is short in terms of length but "large" in terms of volume. yuk!

Edit: look at my signature. It's kind of like that. (well, his face looks better though)

I've read somewhere that it was Anna's second mariage. Is it possible to marry twice in the Greek othodox church? considering that the first wedding was a religious one, of course.

Has anyone published a book on Dalaras yet?

Not the kind of book that you can get in a bookshop, as far as I am aware, but there is pretty extensive reading material in Το μουσικο κουτι, aka the music box.

In orthodox church is possible for someone to marry three times.....

Thanks Konstantina. I see the orthodox church is more open-minded than the catholic church.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead