Christo

"Personal" Facts About Dalaras.

67 posts in this topic

Well lets see now

just to add mey 2 Cents worth.

Hope these little trivial includes are all correct.

1.  He has a brother named Christo  (hey what a great name)!  

2.  I believe he has a half sister named Vicky.

3.  Perpiniadis and his father helped start his musical career.

4.  1st met Nikolopoulos in the studio as they were both preparing to go to the army during that early part of their life.

As he said, he has a lot of half-sisters. His father had a lot of children, with many different women.

Going back to Giorgos Dalaras. He has, I think we all know, a daughter called Giorgianna. 13 years now, as far as I know. If you look carefully at the photos in this web-site, you will find her. I'm not talking about the personal photos, but of the photos from concerts!

Okay Dalaraki fans

Here are two more tribits you might be aware of and then again may not know:

A)  In 1983, Executive Producer 'Richard Nader'

was the first producer to bring Dalaras on his

first tour here in the United States and Canada

with Detroit marking the first city of his tour.

:rolleyes:   Al DiMeola, Nana Mouskari, & Glykeria did not  

participate in the benefit concert 'Dalaras  

sings for Cyprus' at the Chicago Venue on

April 2nd, 1994;

However, both made their appearances at the    

Meadowlands Arena which incidentally was just  

one week a apart prior to  the event in Chicago.

Glad to have pointed out to your attention these little facts

(Edited by Christo at 7:13 pm on July 28, 2001)

hey Geeske

Though I'm not 100% positive,

I was told that his father a Rebete from that time era,

was always on the road traveling and playing in certain clubs.  Thus, he (Loukas) was not always home to watch his family grow and spend some quality time with his children, wife  and so forth.

So after the young Dalaras was taught on how to sing,  play the guitar and became proficient at it, He eventually changed his name.  

Now maybe some of the other die hard fans can tell more about this.

I'm digging out this topic because of what Sarantis wrote yesterday:

"By the way you may not beleave this but while speaking with Dalaras,did you know he listened to a lot of rock and folk music growing up..We spoke in some detail about this.I was a little surprized but not totally.I figured he was open to different and diverce styles of music..."

Interesting!! Could you be persuaded to expand on that, Saranti? Perhaps others could help?

Because _inevitably_ Dalaras, who can sing anything from rock songs to church music, must have an even broader taste in music to listen to.

"All that is gold does not glitter

[...]

Deep roots are not reached by the frost"

Quote from a poem, quite applicable to Dalaras I think [and who can name the author? mail me :) ]

I wish someone could tell some more stories about the early days. (I loved the one about the jacket-waving students).

Dear Geeske

did you know the father of Dalaras was a mineworker in Belgium, thast is where he was getting sick and died shortly after his return to Piraeus.

Henk

A WHAT???

I had heard "rebete" and "a bit of a ladies' man", but a mineworker???

No wonder Dalaras sings strike songs with such personal feeling...

What other shocks are in store for me???

Ο Γιώργος Νταλάρας γεννιέται στη Νέα Κοκκινιά, στον Πειραιά, το 1949. Πατέρας του ένας από τους μεγάλους Έλληνες ρεμπέτες, ο Λουκάς Νταράλας.

This is taken from the biography of Ntalaras which is part of this site.

Would " Ενας μεγαλουσ ρεμπετες"  go to the mines in a country like Belgium to work in the mines?  ΠΟΤΕ

All I know is that they had some same friends, and Anna started going frequently to the μπουάτ he was singing then (early 80's).

They used to stay in the μπουάτ after the concert and sit with Dalaras and talk.

Έχω ακούσει και μια ιστορία που δεν ξέρω αν είναι αλήθεια. Μία από τις βραδιές που πήγαινε η ’ννα στην μπουάτ, έκανε αρκετή φασαρία με τους φίλους της, που αναγκάστηκαν να τους πετάξουν έξω... :music:

I don't know the exact date they got married.

One night, in a concert of the last Zygos concerts, I heared Dalaras dedicating the song "Kapou Nixtonei - Κάπου νυχτώνει" to his daughter who was at the dressing rooms.

Actually it was one of the last songs of the concert,.. I think it was the second song after the encore. I remember, he said :

"Και αυτό για την κόρη μου!!" and started playing "Κάπου νυχτώνει"! :)

I'm not sure how fluent his spoken Spanish is (speaking as opposed to singing). He does know some English, and uses it gracefully, though not with ease. Speaking for myself, it is my arrogant, contrary, and pigheaded opinion that one should speak Greek to him, or shut up. But that's me - faut pas chercher a comprendre.

If you do speak to him in English, remember to s l o w d o w n ... That makes a foreign language so much easier to understand, and especially when one is excited, one tends to gabble.

Speaking for myself, it is my arrogant, contrary, and pigheaded opinion that one should speak Greek to him, or shut up.

Of course it is just your opinion, but I really think it's not the case... All Dalaras needs is not people to talk to him in Greek, but to talk to him with respect and honesty. :confused: But I think that's all we need... :)

Yet, indeed one has to slow down when he talks to someone in a language that is not the listener's own language... :)

Geske.......... when I understand you correct, your opinion is ,that noone should talk to him in a other language than Greek!! :) ???? :)

That cannot be you opinion!! As you say, it is very arrogant!

Niki says, that the language is not important! Important is respect!!

That is correct!!!

I dont think,that Dalaras thinks so!! :confused::)

Irene , this is for you.

Dalaras got married to Anna Ragousi on July 26th 1982 at Saint Barbaras small church in Xalandri-Psyxiko. There were only about 20 guests attending the wedding ceremony, and some more friends at the reception at the bride`s family house afterwards.

The reporter Dimitris Giwnis was the best man and Ms Froso Ralli Pretenteri-daughter of a well known TV producer- was the bride`s maid. It was a Monday evening and as Mr Giwnis reported himself , Dalaras was singing-chanting along with the priest through the whole ceremony.

He was wearing an off white suit , maybe ecru with NO tie and Anna a beautiful but simple white dress. He was 33 years old and she was 28. First marriage for him and second marriage for her.

They first met when Anna was working at the public relations office of a music company . After a 2 year romance they decided to get married.

There was only one wedding photograph published in ELEFTEROTYPIA on August 1st , because Dalaras had asked the reporters not to take any pictures, and they respected his wish-they knew they would be in trouble if they didn`t.

BUT His best man D. Giwnis worked in Elefterotypia and that`s how we have- I Do at least- just one photo from his wedding.

When I get a scanner you`ll all have this photo, I promise.

RENA :confused:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead