Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
panosb

Amor-Amor

17 posts in this topic

Does anybody know who is the original performer of "Amor- Amor"?

I searched in the internet but I found different songs with the same title, but not the one Dalaras performed at Zugos. :D

Try searching for Nino - Amor Amor or this album:http://www.trackserver.com/details/21872/20193562.htm

This song is included in this soundtrack :

http://www.universalmusic.fr/servlet/Front..._id=73145851992

This is another compilation :

http://www.mad.tv/shop/index.php?action=vi...ewCD&code=a2881

i think Dalaras does the song a lot of good, and - judging from his face when he sings it - Dalaras feels the song does him a lot of good

isn't that good enough?

No. I'm not a big fan of midstream pop songs good for sixty year old people and above, especially not in the voice of people who could take heed not to slide into the quicksand of poor taste and sing much more interesting stuff. That having been said and taking into account that Dalaras doesn't give a skata what I think, I don't mind if Dalaras chooses to sing pop songs when he showers (maybe his wife does). ;)

But not good enough for his voice.

:D:razz::razz:

I doubt that anybody else can sing the part " Amor eterno a mi lado, / amor, contigo, contigo..." like Dalaras.

He has bitten the original performance!!!! :blink: :)

No. I'm not a big fan of midstream pop songs good for sixty year old people and above, especially not in the voice of people who could take heed not to slide into the quicksand of poor taste and sing much more interesting stuff. That having been said and taking into account that Dalaras doesn't give a skata what I think, I don't mind if Dalaras chooses to sing pop songs when he showers (maybe his wife does). :D

:)

Nighthawk,

your point of view is a little harsh wouldnt you say?

i mean I can see you dont like him singing this song but you dont have to be so cruel by saying he should sing this in the shower for his wife.

Very tacky to imply man!!.

And how do you derive Pop music for Amor Amor

hardly anything but Pop?

Toxic by Britney Spears, Billy Jean by Michael Jackson, & Like a Virgin bty Madonna, would be considered Pop music by my standard

NOT AMOR AMOR

That song is a beautiful Ballad man and Dalaras really emphasizes his voice strong here. Probably more so from this track then any of the other songs from that cd!!

So I have to disagree with you on this wholeheartley.

And lastly, lets give him some credit that he's singing too in another language and he doesn't sound like hes singing with a greek accent either. On the contrary, its an authentic Iltalian dialect.

:razz:

Well, there's more to pop than just Madonna, Britney, MJ and all that stuff. Amor Amor (and several other songs Dalaras chooses to sing) count as pop in my book.

All I can say is I give the man his entire right to sing whatever pleases him. The same as I have the right to profoundly consider it poor taste. For someone who's done so much for Greek music in the past, I find it sad that he should decide to sing that kind of utterly shallow songs. Could it mean he really is getting old? I don't know. All I know is that there are two sides to Dalaras' coin: one which I fully appreciate and another which means less than nothing to me. he could even be singing songs in Japanese with a perfect accent, they would mean the same: karaoke.

What else?

And how do you derive Pop music for Amor Amor

hardly anything but Pop?

Toxic by Britney Spears, Billy Jean by Michael Jackson, & Like a Virgin bty Madonna, would be considered Pop music by my standard

NOT AMOR AMOR

I think that some Latin songs are considered Pop because of their performer: when a Western singer wants to add a different style to his album Latin is a good choice.

Some songs,though, are arranged in a modern rhythm (e.g. Que nadie sepa mi sufrir) so they fit the "pop" style more than their original one.

Well, even though my first auditions of the album Latin came as a shock, I rather like most of it now. I'm not referring to Latin in particular as an example of "pop".

Απλά δεν ηθελα το ονομα του ακατανομαστου να φαινεται στην πρωτη σελιδα

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0