Anna

Dalaras' news in English

483 posts in this topic

and this is why I said Thank God the duet Dalaras / Remos not on Dalaras new CD.

Of course Im curious about their singing together. And youll get my comment, after I have listened to

I listened to the song Το μόνο που ξέρω. The song which Dalaras and Remos are singing together on the new CD Στα τραγούδια που σου γράφω.

I like it. Its much better than I expected. The voices fit well. The melody of the song is easy, but its got something. There are two different instrumental parts. The first, Remos style, I dont like. The second instrumental part, Dalaras style, with the lyra, very nice!

And isnt it just ingenious when they sing: Δεν ξέρω αν θακούσεις αυτό το ρεφρέν, δεν ξέρω αν σαρέσει (I dont know if youll listen to that refrain, I dont know if you like it). :)

We had already the announcement some time ago:

http://www.dalaras.com/forum/index.php?act...147041f1c640e0a

Now its in the stores: the CD: Bordel by Stelios & Vasilis

Its an instrumental one and !!!! Dalaras is participating.

you can order by internet:

http://www.discobole.gr/product.asp?pid=76564

or

http://www.studio52.gr/srch_all_en.asp?qNu...earcher=Stelios

post-4-1103052741.jpg

there is a separate topic on the cd "Bordel", in which I've put an English summary with a little bit more detail - not a lot 'cause we don't know all that much about it...

http://www.dalaras.com/forum/index.php?s=1...=2&t=1910&st=10

I've also put an update-in-English of current info on the Dalaras-Remos appearances in the relevant topic.

http://www.dalaras.com/forum/index.php?s=1...120entry37202

About the new CD "Sta tragoudia pou sou grafo" a lot is being written but I'm not about to go and translate/summarize everyone's opinions... they vary from "at last Dalaras sings nice laiko songs for everyone" to "how can Dalaras fall so low as to sing such cheap pop".

Agnie announced somewhere that the record has already made Gold. The only comment on that, so far, is 'now for Platinum'.

You are right Anna!! It is the same I think. :wow: When I hear the new CD, when I read the comment of Apostolis and when I see the fotos, I ask myself : Is that the Dalaras we all love so much???? :wow:

Why don't we try to understand him and appreciate his...apetite.:)

Maybe after all these years he wanted to experience this atmosphere - after all he hasn't been an opera singer at anytime.

He had the desire to taste something different and he did it.

I would be revolutionary reactive against him if he continued to decline by himself, but thank goodness he did not.

Maybe he is trying to create a link between the fans of "μπουζουκοδιασκέδασης" and those with a more decent taste (and that's something he's been doing for many years).

:)

Can I add another comment that is irrelevant to the topic but directly related to the topic's name?

"Dalaras, what's going on?" sounds like an album's name to me!! Or like a song dedicated to D!!!

Strange?!! Forgive me, mabe my lack of sleep made me over-phantasise :) :lol:

Maybe he is trying to create a link between the fans of "μπουζουκοδιασκέδασης" and those with a more decent taste

... and this will take a long time, now I understand why they talk about 100 performances.

But maybe its just because Dalaras is bored and tired to see always the same old faces in the audience :)

:) no, this doesnt make sense at all. When youre 55 you should know about special risks f.e. the audience in such a place like Athens Arena.

The member xxx also was at Athens Arena the 23rd of Dec., the opening night and she wrote her report.

Read this:

Το κοινό -και εδώ είναι το μεγάλο θέμα- ήρθε σε συντριπτική πλειοψηφία για το Ρέμο!! Τον αποθεώνανε ,και στον Νταλάρα - παιδια δεν θα το πιστέψετε - φωνάζανε άντε τελείωνε εσύ, πήγαινε σπίτι σου και τέτοια!!!

in English:

The audience and heres the problem- they came as an overwhelming majority for Remos. Him they adore and to Dalaras you wont believe they shouted: stop it, go home, etc.!!

Well if it was so disappointing his experience with that kind of audience, he'll realise that he was mistaken and try to be more careful in his future plans.

And now you reminded me what I was saying for ages and Geske insisted that it was an exaggeration:

Dalaras is not loved in Greece!

Of course there is small proportion of listeners who have some taste but in general this is a fact.

On the other hand, Dalaras is a person who'll 'go home' only if he feels like it. That's why Ilike him

Is there any comment from Dalaras himself,concerning these concerts??

We had this in Eleftherotypia 24.12.2004

ΕΝ ΤΩ ΜΕΤΑΞΥ...

Ξεκίνησε χθες τις εμφανίσεις του, στην «Αρένα Αθηνών» μαζί με τον Αντώνη Ρέμο ο Γιώργος Νταλάρας και για μία ακόμη φορά βρίσκεται στο στόχαστρο εκείνων που πάντοτε φαίνεται να ενοχλούνται από κάθε καλλιτεχνική του επιλογή.

Ραδιοφωνατζήδες, που αυτοπροσδιορίζονται ως ποιοτικοί, δεν σταματούν να επικρίνουν την απόφασή του να συμπλεύσει με έναν «κατ' εξοχήν εκφραστή της μπουζουκοδιασκέδασης», όπως (κακώς) θεωρούν τον Αντώνη Ρέμο. Οι ίδιοι, μόνιμοι κριτές, είχαν επιτεθεί και το καλοκαίρι εναντίον του Διονύση Σαββόπουλου για την απόφασή του να συμπεριλάβει τη γλυκύτατη Καλομοίρα σ' ένα χάπενίνγκ του στο Ηρώδειο. Ο Νταλάρας πάντως κλείνει τ' αυτιά του σ' όλα αυτά, και όπως δηλώνει στη στήλη, «γουστάρω να φάω ένα γλυκό και δεν θα ζητήσω άδεια από κανέναν».

http://www.enet.gr/online/online_fpage_tex...004&id=26461664

unfortunately its in Greek, but Im very sure some one will help and translate. :)

In the moment I have already problems enough (and not enough time) to get the sense of all the reports at our forum concerning the Dalaras / Remos performance :)

I would have tried to translate the text (although terms like Ραδιοφωνατζήδες and μπουζουκοδιασκέδασηςare difficult to be translated without losing their actual humilliating meaning), but Apostolis' message (which you must read) made me change my mind.

Anyway, I can summarize it as follows:

Some "radio-trader-broadcasters" who identify themselves as 'qualitative' didn't like the fact that Dalaras works with a representative of the "cheap-bouzouki-fun" (as they, wrongly, consider Reomos). So Dalaras is in their sight (as a target) because of his artistic choice.

Last summer they attacked Savopoulos because he included Kalomira in a 'happening' (sorry but I can't get the translation of this word right now).

Dalaras, on the other hand, is closing his ears toward all these things and states: I feel like eating a dessert and will not ask for permission from anybody"

That's approximately what it is written. As you see, appart from Dalaras' statement, the rest is nonsence :)

This is sort of an off topic

but being this is Dalaras whats going on

I didn't quite know where else this would fit

so I'll just post it here.

The night of Christmas Eve after returning from church,

The Greek Antenna had Music on throughout the night.

In fact, the only time worth having the Antenna appears to be only during Holidays sad it is to say if thats one looks forward too.

Heres why

:music:

But nevertheless, upon returning home,

they featured Dalaras in his best

from a previous Concert/Club of his not too long ago

probably form Zygos or Fix.

And proud to say he never sounded better just as good as ever.

Whatever was on the recording from Zygos voice was not at all heard

Friday night, And yes I taped it too.

I'm not sure if it was from Zygos Cd 'Apo Kardias' or not as it did not feature the colloboration from Yerasimos Andreatou & Melina Aslanidou.

Whereas they featured the participation from Panos Katsimihas & Babis Stokas. Both whom sounded good and did a splendid job accompanying Dalaras on the Cuban Folk Song "Haste Siempre".

The only thing that was missing was Dalaras on the Baglama to sing the tail end of Katsimihas song "2 Hronia Eha Na Se'Do" as he noramally does in the past but Stokas did a find job as well as Babis colloborating on the song from Lavrendis Maheritsas "NOTOS" just like the tenor Marios Frangoulis did in Iera Odos !!

Overall it was a great performance and glad I got it on tape.

Even though they show Dalaras once or twice a year on the The Antenna

it was still worth having it otherwise I would have surely missed it.

:rolleyes:

P.S. anybody have a clue as to what, where and when this show is from?

Christo, sorry, I dont know where the show is from, as I didnt see at TV :music:

But I know Dalaras did performances with Panos Katzimichas and Babis Stokas at Zygos in winter 2000 / 2001 and they, Dalaras, Katzimichas and Stokas did a European tour in May / June 2001. :rolleyes:

To Agnie's foto reportage, I' ve added some comments in the topic on the Dalaras-Remos appearances. I'm afraid they are rather unstructured and rambling, and also more positive than the critics would like... luckily for me. I dislike complaining.

Happy New Year to all of you :)

At the newspaper Kathimerini they say:

Eτος Θεοδωράκη το 2005

2005 the year of Theodorakis

http://www.kathimerini.gr/4dcgi/_w_article.../12/2004_128978

Theodorakis is getting 80 this year (29.07.) and there will be a lot of performances at Megaro Mousikis Athens to celebrate this great event.

They will start the 10th of January and will find an end in December with concerts and an exhibition, concerning Theodorakis life and his work at the foyer of Megaro.

Until now we have the following dates at Megaro:

10. 11. 17. and 18. January concerts with Antonis Remos and the Laiki Orchestra Mikis Theodorakis

9. Feb. Christophoros Stamboglis is singing Theodorakis, at the piano Stavros Lantsias

11. Feb. State Orchestra Athens is playing Theodorakis

12. Feb. Maria Farandouri

A lot of artists, like Mitsias, Parios, Basis, Dalaras, Nena Venetsanou , Kotsiras, etc. will participate in the performances of Megaro.

At the topic

http://www.dalaras.com/forum/index.php?s=7...16&t=2143&st=10

Tasos wrote down some news from the interview which was shown on Mad TV the 1st of Jan.

From his writing (and if my translation is ok :) )we learn, that the Dalaras / Remos performance will be in Thessaloniki in summer in open theatre.

They will do together a big tour around the world, that means to all places where there are Greeks (USA, Canada, Europe, Australia).

Dalaras talked about a future working together with Vardis for a new CD.

And Dalaras said

a - in the night he gets tired as he is a man of the day

b - his opinion about the night amusement and the nightclubs didnt change. This year he wanted to perform at these places and it was ideal circumstances to do it together with Remos. And he said he made the suggestion to Remos for this going together.

And Dalaras said to Remos: The song which brought me near to you was the song "Έτσι ξαφνικά".

From Athens News 31.12.2004

Because the night...

...was made for dancing, flirting, singing and letting loose. Athensnightclubs: a lesson in Dionysian frenzy

MARIA PARAVANTES

IF THERE'S one thing modernday Greeks indisputably do well it's letting loose. By far the heart of the nightclub scene, Athens boasts such sheer variety of shows that it's hard to miss a chance for a pleasurable night on the town. Couldn't be any other way - the god Dionysus was bred on Greek soil.

When asked to describe the Greek nightclub scene, I always find it easier to recommend a revealed reading of mythology. Only after you penetrate the Dionysian Cult can you truly appreciate the Greek art of entertainment, which to this day is really all about the basics: pleasure, sexuality and drunkenness.

And the choice is great

Read the whole article:

http://www.athensnews.gr/athweb/nathens.pr...t=04&m=A26&aa=1

So many options so little time: (From top R and clockwise) Dalaras and Remos, Notis (as Zoro), Terzis and Hadjiyiannis, Vandi, plus sexy Zina, photographing Karafotis and Nino

post-4-1104864996.jpg

:wow: if you're only interested in the Dalaras part:

...A time comes when even the staunchest of critics sees himself immersed in the very object of his criticism. Internationally acclaimed George (versatility-is-my-middle-name) Dalaras leaves politics, political correctness and rebellion behind to team up with nightclub crooner-extraordinaire Antonis Remos, bridging what seems to be a decades-long 'civil' war between the good (art song) and the bad (laika). And all this in a club of unprecedented size and functionality.

Athinon Arena (166 Pireos St, tel 210-347-1111) ...

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead