Anna

Dalaras' news in English

483 posts in this topic

Megaro Mousikis Athens announced some more details about the coming performances which will be held this year to celebrate Theodorakis.

In the end of March 2005 there will be 4 performances of Axion Esti with different casts

- Dimitris Basis - Giorgos Mathaiakakis - Yiannis Bezo

- Antonis Remos - Tassis Christouyiannopoulos - Grigoris Valtino

- Manolis Mitsias Andreas Kouloubis Yiannis Fertis

- Giorgos Dalaras Christophorous Stamboulis- Nikitas Tsakiroulous

In October 2005 there will be 2 performances of the Kamerata Orchestra with Dalaras as soloist. The programme will include some of the -not so wellknown- Theodorakis and one suite from Kostas Ganoselis with extracts of Theodorakis work.

They annouce some more concerts.....I just wrote about the ones where Dalaras will participate.

Apropos participation...

would be really nice if some others could help with the translations from Greek to English...

At NET was a humanitarian auction to support the victims of the Tsunami disaster. The offers of items were unprecedented and also the proceeds. The Friends of AEK from Cyrus offered 60.000 Euro for Dalaras tsoura and the first platin CD of Kotsiras.

The 26 th of January there will be a benefit concert in OAKA stadium with the participation of Dalaras, Eleftheria Arvanitaki, Markopoulos, Mikroutsikos, Kotsiras, Machairitsas and a lot more. This concert will be shown live at ET1.

Today there was an interview of Dalaras on tv, and...

Βγήκε και μία είδηση.Ο Νταλάρας είπε πως ακόμη και τώρα συνεχίζει να γράφει τραγούδια, έχει μαζέψει αρκετά πλέον και μάλλον η επόμενη δισκογραφική δουλειά του θα είναι με δικά του τραγούδια!

translation:

There was also one piece of news. Dalaras said that even now, he still goes on writing songs, that he has collected quite a lot of them and that his next record might well be of songs he has written himself

No need to get nervous :D

Its just the repeat of the interview from the 1st of Jan 2005.

Have a look here:

At the topic

http://www.dalaras.com/forum/index.php?s=7...16&t=2143&st=10

Tasos wrote down some news from the interview which was shown on Mad TV the 1st of Jan.

From his writing (and if my translation is ok :D )we learn, that the Dalaras / Remos performance will be in Thessaloniki in summer in open theatre.

They will do together a big tour around the world, that means to all places where there are Greeks (USA, Canada, Europe, Australia).

Dalaras talked about a future working together with Vardis for a new CD.

And Dalaras said

a - in the night he gets tired as he is a man of the day

b - his opinion about the night amusement and the nightclubs didnt change. This year he wanted to perform at these places and it was ideal circumstances to do it together with Remos. And he said he made the suggestion to Remos for this going together.

And Dalaras said to Remos: The song which brought me near to you was the song "Έτσι ξαφνικά".

:( this is what I had in mind ...

well since I watched then it in the common room of an Athens Youth Hostel, with a conversation in Japanese behind me and one in German/English on the other side, plus a radio in the background, I DO want to see it and especially hear it - if I can....... :blink: :blink: :blink:

I just want to remind of the benifiz concert at OAKA stadion, the 26.01.2005 at 19.30h. There will be 50 artists on stage, as Gerasimos Andreatos, Eleftheria Arvanitaki, Melina Aslanidou, Yiannis Vardis, Petros Gaitonas, Dimitra Galani, Glykeria, Foteini Darra, Vasilis Dimitriou, Pantelis Thalassinos, Aliki Kayialoglou, Melina Kana, Stefanos Korkolis, Yiannis Kotsiras, Stamatis Kraounakis, Manolis Lidakis, Kostas Makedonas, Sokrates Malamas, Yiannis Markopoulos, Laurentis Maxairitsas, Dimitris Mitropanos, Manolis Mitsias, Thanos Mikroutsikos, Dimitris Basis, Giorgos Dalaras, Dimitris Papadimitriou, Vasilis Papakostandinou, Elli Paspala, Orfeas Peridis, Mimis Plessas, Thanasis Polikandriotis, Nikos Portokaloglou, Alkistis Protopsaltis, Antonis Remos, Dionisis Savvopoulos, Speira-Speira, Pasxalis Terzis, Trifono, Marios Tokas, Dionisis Tsaknis, Manolis Famellos, Maria Farandouri, Marios Frangkoulis, Petro-Loukas Xalkias und Michalis Xatzigiannis.

The concert will be shown live at Greek TV, on Net. At their website they say from 20.00 0.00h (Greek time).

But also on radio, so heres the link for all to join in:

http://www.ert.gr/radio/liveradioDEYTERO.asp

Of course they will record this concert and I hope the CD will be in the shops very soon. Also this money goes to the aid for the Tsunami victims.

post-4-1106504796.jpg

Does anyone know which song Dalaras will sing in this concert?

Αποστόλη καλή ερώτηση.Λοιπόν μέχρι την Τετάρτη το απόγευμα ας δηλώσει ο καθένας ποιο τραγούδι πιστεύει ότι θα πει ο ΝΤΑΛΑΡΑΣ.Εγώ πιστεύω ότι θα πει ΤΑ ΧΟΝΤΡΑ ΤΑ ΣΥΡΜΑΤΑ κατά κόσμον ΠΑΡΕ ΜΕ ΦΕΓΓΑΡΙ ΜΟΥ. :blink: (Ύστερα ξύπνησα... :music: )

Εγώ πάλι- όντας ρομαντικός- θα ήθελα να πει (γιατί δεν θα το πει)το "Μακριά απ'τα ψέμματα". Φρούδες ελπίδες... :music:

Παιδιά, παρακαλώ....... σ' αυτό το τόπικ μιλάμε αγγλικά, οκ?

This topic is supposed to be in English and to stay that way, so I've reminded Thanassis and Kostas.

(They are discussing which songs Dalaras might sing in the charity concert - world without end....... :music: ).

Dalaras will appear this summer in Epidavros in the part of the "choir leader" in Sofokles play "Oidipos tyrant" - yes, a play that's about two and a half millenia old.

So everyone who's been complaining that he's acting too "modern" lately, RUN! (if you don't mind Bregovic, as he is composing the music).

See the article in

http://www.dalaras.com/forum/index.php?s=8...t=0entry38935

I was feeling lately that my Greek was not making much progress and that I needed a lesson. So Dalaras obliged and gave that :razz::wow:;) interview on Melodia last Friday. I mean his interviews are often good, but this one was exceptional even for him.

So I decided to stretch my brain a bit.

The by-product is

a full transcript of the interview

(nearly 20 pages of it, and not without mistakes, but as good as I can make it, with a little help from a friend),

and a translation (half finished at the moment - ought to be done tomorrow).

Small problem: I don't feel right posting that whole thing without permission from the radio station.

So for the moment, those who want it will have to ask me for it (by PM please - delivery by e-mail only), and you have to promise me to use it only privately, and not pass it on.

The Greek newspaper Ta Nea from today annouced the programme of the Athens Festival and the Epidaurus Festival 2005.

About Dalaras participation at Epidaurus we heard already, now we got the final confirmation. :razz:

But, thereal news today: Dalaras will also participated at the Athens Festival 2005 at Irodion :wow:

31th of May and 1st of June 2005

together with Dulces Pontes, accompanied by Stefanos Korkolis at Irodion for 2 concerts

8th and 9th of October 2005

the orchestra and choir of the New Opera Moscow conducted by Nikos Athinaios

symphonic work of Theodorakis with the participation of Maria Farantouri, Dalaras, Petros Pandis etc.

a full transcript of the interview

(nearly 20 pages of it, and not without mistakes, but as good as I can make it, with a little help from a friend),

and a translation (half finished at the moment - ought to be done tomorrow).

Small problem: I don't feel right posting that whole thing without permission from the radio station.

So for the moment, those who want it will have to ask me for it (by PM please - delivery by e-mail only), and you have to promise me to use it only privately, and not pass it on.

Je sais que je me repete Geeske mais tu es vraiment une championne ! !!!:pity:

Brilliant ! Thanks for being so generous with your talent and hard work ;)

I do hope no-one will make a wrong use of this transcription/translation.

You did.

About the Theodorakis cd, he said that it has been sitting around unfinished for years, and that at the moment there are so many releases that it doesn't make much sense to do it, but as soon as there is hole for it, he'll do it.

About the Irodeio, he was referring to last summer's "Mediterannean" concert, and saying he wanted to make a larger project out of that. He also said extremely nice things about Dulce Pontes... he was obviously looking forward to singing with her again.

About his own songs he said something that made me sad. Two things. He said that when Loizos (and others as great) were writing songs, who had any need for anything he could compose? whereas nowadays... And then, he said that no one had ever shown any interest in them, not lyrics writers, not the record company... except just now, recently, Lina Nikolakopoulou had come and offered.

I really do hope he's exaggerating - I can easily imagine how his own modesty and diffidence about his composing would effectively prevent anyone from discussing it with him.

I've checked with the megali_mpougatsa, who has better ears than most of us, because I thought I had misheard, but he really also said that the Theodorakis project was something he's doing with Giannis Spathas (you know, the guitar hero).

[...]Rarakos said it was all right, so...[...]

Did you just call him ? :wow:

That was truly heroic Geeske :D

Between a "hero" and a "master wizard" Dalaras is well supported and we are spoiled !

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead