Anna

Dalaras' news in English

483 posts in this topic

good news :)

On Friday 04.03.2005, at 00:20 (midnight Friday to Saturday) to 1.30h (Greek time), the tv channel MEGA will show a programme about Dalaras and the new CD "Στα τραγούδια που σου γράφω"

http://www.megatv.com/programma/default.as...&nextmonth=true

bad news :)

Megaro Mousikis annouced on their website the programme for April 2005 ... but nothing about Axion Esti ...

... well, Arena goes on

George Dalaras and Antonis Remos join forces live appearences to be remembered

This is the much discussed collaboration of the year: Greek superstar George Dalaras and celebrity-turned-revelation Antonis Remos join forces for the first time ever on stage. Together the two mega artists present a program of the best they have ever sung, pleasing their audiences that flock at the doors of the Athens Arena Club, where they give their series of live concerts, since Christmas 2004. A real taste of good Greek music from Thursday to Sunday, up until May 1, 2005.

Most artists don't release 80 albums in a lifetime. George Dalaras has put out that many in 33 years.. Along the way, he's become a superstar in his native Greece, the biggest-selling artist the country has known.

Dalaras was the first artist to take Greek music out of the conventional club environment, performing concerts in large venues. Hailing from a tradition of folk and blues, Dalaras' international success is no accident. Selling more than 7 million albums of his own work as well as collaborations with such artists as Mikis Theodorakis, Paco De Lucia, Al de Meola, and Goran Bregovic, Dalaras is always expanding his musical horizons.

Now, in his latest of live appearances in Athens he makes headlines once again. His collaboration with one of the most dynamic representatives of the new blood in Greek music, Antonis Remos, was discussed a lot before it was realized. Together they present a program shaped by hundreds of Dalaras' best hits, a great number of the songs that Remos sang in the last years and of course many more beloved by the Greeks tunes.

Antonis Remos has been around for the last ten years. It was only last year though when he gave his personal mark by making a U-Turn to sing quality material. A restless artist with lots of credentials, he has proven his love for music and passed the crucial tests on the way. The result he helps to produce at the Athens Arena is unique.

HB

http://www.cultureguide.gr/events/details....id=60835&catA=7

A real taste of good Greek music from Thursday to Sunday, up until May 1, 2005.

The annoucement at www.culture.gr is not correct.

I called to Arena and they said the programme of Dalaras and Remos goes until the 2nd of April 2005.

We have the prices for Epidaurus 01.+ 02.07.2005:

22 Euro Upper Tier

30 Euro Zone B

40 Euro Zone A

50 Euro Distinguished Zone

click on tickets at

http://www.hellenicfestival.gr/site/epidau...en.asp?pageNo=1

and the prices for Dulce Pontes and Dalaras 31.05. +01.06.2005:

pay attention, they changed a bit from the normal categories:

Upper Tier: 25 Euro

Students Upper Tier : 15 Euro

Γ : (Section Α and Ε, row 11 - 18 ) = 60 Euro

Β : (Section Β, Γ, and Δ, row 11 - 18) and (Section Α and Ε, row 1 10 and 19) = 90 Euro

Α : (Section Β, Γ, and Δ, row 1 10 and 19) = 120 Euro

http://www.hellenicfestival.gr/site/athens...ex.asp?pageNo=1

Very sad news:

Stavros Kougiumtzis died tonight.

But his songs will stay forever.

'Μη μου θυμώνεις μάτια μου που φεύγω για τα ξένα

πουλί θα γίνω και θα 'ρθω πάλι κοντά σε σένα'

The Toronto Star omitted one line, that most news agencies carried.

"He is best known for his collaboration with famed singer Giorgos Dalaras".

:)

Hristaki I wonder why they could neglect to add that line or fail to forget it. Somethings not right or else seems like they did that intentionally for some odd unknown reason.

But then they didnt mention any of the other singers he wrote and published material for either.

so who knows

:)

As a small (very small) hommage to Kougioumtzis, I've done translations for all the lyrics of "Sta psyla ta parathiria" and posted them. They are NOT in the translation section but in the UPLOAD section: a file you can download and print as an (additional) booklet to your regular cd.

For the non-greek speakers who are interested in Kougioumtzis, who, after all, had a very, very special relationship with Dalaras, don't be put off by the fact that almost the whole topic is in Greek. There is about one page where I've translated as much as I could manage of the articles, reports, and comments.

(sorry about the link - thanks Michael!)

Geske, your link leads me to the central site of the Club instead to the topic about Kougioumtzis.

I will try to post the correct link, hopefully leading to the part of the topic where your translations start:

http://www.dalaras.com/forum/index.php?s=1...=6&t=1384&st=80

(The link looks identical with Geske's one. Nevertheless for me it works fine. :confused: In case that it does not work for others: Geske's useful translations in the topic about Stavros Kougioumtzis [see "Artists"] start at March 17th 2005 [page 9 of the topic].)

I remember the beginning of this community in 2001. All, yes that time really all, Greeks and Nongreeks wrote in English, as everybody wanted to exchange his thoughts, experiences, ideas, meanings and opinions about Dalaras.

These days are gone

Ok. today the participation of Greek members is much bigger than it was in the early days. And I dont think they cant write in English, they just dont care about if the international guests of this community will understand their writing.

I think Dalaras would be very proud about the internationality of this community with members from all over the world. It would be very sad to loose this international character and the participation of a lot of members just because of missing exchange as result of problems with the language.

This is why I open this topic, a topic meant for announcements in English, and I didn't find a better place...

I think this news we had already in English, anyway I write again:

They say the winterprogramme will start the 23rd of December, in Athens at Piraeusstr. On stage we will see Dalaras together with Antonis Remos and Andriana Babali. We know her from the CD Anemoptero from Stefanos Korkolis. She did the title song and those who have the CD will find her at page 17 of the booklet, shes the one with the dark hair.

New CD:

A new CD of Dalaras will be released around the 6th of December. Its called Sta tragoudia pou sou grafo. There are songs of different composers like Antonis Vardis, Takis Bourma, Lakis Papadopoulos and Stamos Semis. Semis we know him from the CD Stin Ellada kanei krio. I think you all remember the song Ta beggalika sou matia!

great now I can read about Dalaris happening in english , although I am greek , I can read as well as english .. :):pity:;)

darn , sorry folks , yep you can still make mistakes in grammer and I did just that , I am simply thrilled to be able to read about this performer in english , becuae my greek reading skills arent very good ... :) :lol: :pity:

I thought its time to remind to this topic :)

The performances of Dalaras with Antonis Remos at Athens Arena have finished, 02.04.2005 was the last night.

The 04.04.2005 Dalaras got platin for the last CD Sta tragoudia pou sou grafo. For this they did a special night at Arena, with all who belong to Greek music, but also for the normal public, free entrance for everybody.

Angele was so kind and taped what they showed at TV, 5:48 min video!

:D:D Thank you very very much!

You can find the way to the download here, at his post: http://www.dalaras.com/forum/index.php?act...419306583267926

Soon :huh: , maybe :wow:

there will come out 2 new CDs

- a personal album from Areti Ketime, producer Dalaras

- a CD honouring the music of Giorgos Stravrianos with the participation of Glykeria, Anastasia Moutsatsou, Panos Katsimichas, Pantelis Thalassinos and Dalaras!

http://www.dalaras.com/forum/index.php?act...03dc738d586f949

http://www.dalaras.com/forum/index.php?act...03dc738d586f949

From the website of Petros Gaitanos

http://www.gaitanospetros.gr/eng/en_news.php?id=24

nEWS

Petros Gaitanos interprets"Axion Esti" by Mikis Theodorakis in the Athens Concert Hall [2005-06-04]

On the occassion of the 80 years of our great composer Mikis Theodorakis several artistic events dedicated to his personality and work will take place throughout the country during 2005.

Within this circle 4 concerts will take place in the Athens Concert Hall which will be divided into two parts. In the first part Mikis'Zeibekika will be interpreted in collaboration with the folk orchestra"Mikis Theodorakis"while in the second part the important play "Axion Esti" will be presented,poetry by Odysseas Elitis.

The solist will be accompanied by the orchestra of contemporary music of ERT,the choir of ERT as well as the children's choir of Leontios school.Mikis Theodorakis will be the conductor. These concerts will be presented on the 4th,5th,6th, and 7th of June 2005 with a different interpreter,baritone and narrator each time. So the first out of the four evenings, the 4th of June ,will have Petros Gaitanos as the interpreter,the role of the baritone in the performance will have one of the 3 main interpreters of the original play, Andreas Kouloubis, and Nikitas Tsakiroglou will be the narrator. As it is known, our Great Mikis Theodorakis has written great and many zeibekika throughout his artistic route,some of them are:"Drapetsona","Corner,corner","It's raining in the slum" " Moon,I'm under your spell" will be performed during that night by Petros who sings in a unique way Theodorakis'songs not only in his own concerts but also in the appearances with the composer in the last 10 years. The concert will be sponsored by ERT. As far as the rest of the evenings are concerned Petros Gaitanos will be succeeded by Dimitris Basis, Manolis Mitsias and Yiorgos Dalaras respectively. Petros Gaitanos will participate in other Mikis Theodoraki' concerts throughout the year on the occassion of his 80 years.

http://www.dalaras.com/forum/index.php?s=9...16&t=2410&st=20

On the Greek TV channel «Alter», this coming Sunday, 24 april, Dalaras will be the guest of Makis Triantafyllopoulos, who promises you will see "Dalaras as you have never seen him before". And...

I would like to inform all the members of the forum who live abroad that they can watch alter online :www.alter.gr

I haven't tried it out yet but I will...

Axion Esti at Megaro Mousikis

Yesterday I got a mail from Theodorakis office:

I would like to inform you that Axion Esti will be performed at the Athens

Megaron Concert Hall on

June 4th -5th and 6th.. The performers for the 4th of June are Gaitanos,

Stabolis and Tsakiroglou.

On the 5th Mitsias, Hristogiannopoulos and Valtinos and on the 6th Basis,

Kouloubis and Bezos.

As they didnt mention Dalaras, I asked again

and got this today:

The only thing I can say now about the Axion Esti performances is that they

all

moved for September at the Athens Megaron Concert Hall. Unfortunately I

don't have

any more information about those performances.

Well, I dont add any comment

Anna, thanks for opening this topic. Honestly I don't recognize the forum - I know things change but what used to be an international forum on Giorgos Dalaras became a national one. Lately, any topic I open is in Greek which means that I can't really take part in the conversation since I don't write in Greek and it would take me ages to translate. I can't afford that time unfortunately though I wish I could dedicate myself a little more to the learning of Greek. Right now it's impossible.

Anyway, I just wanted to take a position on this issue. I'm sorry if it will make some people dissatisfied.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead