Anna

Dalaras' news in English

483 posts in this topic

Well ... that's disappointing. I hope Dalaras will not have only a supporting role in this concert :razz: I really want to hear him sing. But I will be optimistic and patient. And worried.

Hi let me add my 2 cents in worht too

If Dalaras was coming alone or with any other performer

I'd still be going for Dalaras soley, with anyone else is icing on the cake.

as for Hatziyannis, whether he's coming alone or with anybody else

I wouldnt be going

end of discussion

:music:

and since he's a backup artist

hopefully thats what he will be on this tour too

Hristaki

do you remember the 1993 tour?

not sure

well then here let me refreshen your memory a little

Dalaras had brung some new kid in the music scene to make his debut with his audiences in north America. He featured this uprising guy named of 'Nikos Kouroumpakis'.

Dalaras had always featured someone else for there maiden performance at an appropriate time right before he takes a break

with the latin song "Una Moneda Le" :music:

Ha Not surprising a very High song for him and not to mention people wanting him back on stage right away from this Highlight ending song of his from the 1st halftime part of his program.

Unlikely if he will still sing it today though :blush:

anyhow, no one really payed any attention to him with the performance and from the voice of Dalaras (for obvious reasons) but he only sang 1 or 2 songs so he knew his limit on stage. Don't know whatever became of this Nikos btw, usually one goes on and becomes famous of their own whoever is discovered and pushed by dalaras.

Well hopefully, this will be the same format instore for this new other additional backup artist D. Olymbiou he's bringing.

Not to sing more then 1 or 2 songs before hes to become a household name

:music::music:

yeah right

see my other thread buddy

i think an audition is in place 1st

besides do you really want to hear me sing?

where is my contract

and my limo

:lol:

Christo - I didn't know what a talented person I was going to meet. :razz:

I just came back to town and saw your post about the hotels in the Chicago area. I understand that the theater is not near the airport. Someone who used to live there said it is about 45 minutes from the theater. Unfortunately, they didn't know of any hotels near there - they've been away too long.

As it stands right now, there is a good chance I won't be going. The timing is very bad for me. I really wish I could go though. I'd love to hear Dalaras in person and from what I'm reading, your sense of humor would be an added bonus to the evening.

I'll stay in touch if I can work this out.

Louise

Hi Louise,

try and come if you can

as a bonus I may still sing another one of Dalaras songs after the concert

:lol:

Actually, don't be surprised if you hear me singing alot when he asks the audience too. This time I've been practicing my harmonies and can't wait to try them out. Who knows mabe one day I'll be a back up vocalist for him :razz:

In the meantime thought I am looking forward in meeting him afterwards for an autograph as i've got a backstage pass

Opa

:razz:

As for the Hotel Links I posted really I don't know

since I'm not from the area and I only go by what my friend told me.

Maybe he and I will take a taxi to the theartre or ride the subway there.

Honestly I don't know but I leave the arrangements for him. The only thing I can tell you is I will be there and in 2 weeks time

Yeah

Hey Christo,

Dalaras and you both singing. Now that's a good incentive to go! :razz: BTW, I used to sing with a band. Maybe we can make it a 3 way harmony. :razz:

How do I go about getting a back stage pass? I will do my best to get there, but I can't promise. I'm working on it. :razz:

Louise

Hey Christo,

Dalaras and you both singing. Now that's a good incentive to go! :razz: BTW, I used to sing with a band. Maybe we can make it a 3 way harmony. :razz:

How do I go about getting a back stage pass? I will do my best to get there, but I can't promise. I'm working on it. :music:

Louise

Louise try contacting the promoters from Greektown Chicago

thats who I got tickets from. Hristaki has been so kind to post it every chance he gets. Suddenly now he's disappeared. Maybe he too is practicing his vocal chords and got a litlte Hoarse :lol:

But I'm sure he'll show up in a day or 2.

If not, I will look for it and post it again.

In fact look for my next thread, it will be from Hristakis.

BTW, so you played in a band hey no kidding?

What instrument you play and what kind of music?

I happen to play keys myself.

Hi Christo,

I can get a tune out of a piano with one finger and some simple chords. I sang with the band. Jazz, Blues, Oldies and Klezmer. I'm not a soprano. Closer to bass :D

Thanks for the tip about Greektown. I'll look for it. I'm still having trouble finding a decent airline ticket rate from Az. to Chicago. I hope this all comes together for me.

Louise

Dear Christo,

As it looks right now, and much to my disappointment, I will not be going to Dalars' concert in Chicago. :D I was really looking forward to attending as well as meeting you. I hope Dalaras will plan another concert that will cover the western part of the U.S. soon.

Thanks for all your help.

Louise

Dear Louise,

I'm sorry to hear you won't be making it.

I know you would have had to travel from long distance to come not too mention how very costly too it would have been for you.

These tours Not just Greek Artists but for all Genres are getting to be very expensive to attend. And if you're coming from out of town, it's even more astronomical to go.

Maybe now that Dalaras signed up with Universal Music, hopefully he can find a new Tour Promoter too that will bring him to other cities and venues without charging 100% more on top of Encores service fees.

Who knowns will just have to wait and see what happens in the futire as the time comes

:D

I guess I will have to wait Christo.

I keep wondeing. The way Globe gives service, what kind of fee do they get? :D This concert schedule is no service to Dalaras. :mad:

Enjoy the show. :D

Louise

:) The CD Estoudiantinas II (Dakri sto giali) is on sale now, and of course, www.musical.gr are the first who offer to buy online:

http://www.musical.gr/cddetails.scr?gui_la...de=094636262925

Dalaras is joining with 2 solos (#3 Dakri sto giali -Tears on Glass #14 Molis Vradiasei - When it gets dark), one duet with Glykeria (#11 Dio tragoudia - Two songs), one with Pantelis Thalassinos (#7 Ceryneia ) and 3 times he does the 2nd voice. For more infos, including the Greek lyrics have a look at:

http://www.dalaras.com/forum/index.php?act...ed68b031b2d1921

and some photos of the CD, have a look at Dalaras tshirt :D

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/agn...gnie14/cd-1.jpg

And dont forget but its already Nr. 3 of Estoudiantinas CDs !!!

To remind Nr.2, have a look:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f325/Ann...oudiantina1.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f325/Ann...udianitina3.jpg

but maybe you are not interested because theres no participation of Dalaras :razz:

and I like the CD very much, as Dalaras never did a CD of the concerts with the marvelous Ossipov Orchestra!

:razz: I thought it would be good to do a little summary of whats going on:

In Ta Nea of today Dalaras gave an interview and talked about the new CD Erima Choria.

The first CD with his new record company Universal will be on sale in the middle of May. Details about this CD youll find within Geeskes link in the previous post.

The news we got from todays interview is that beside Valbona Mema also Babis Stokas (from ex Pyx Lax) will join the CD.

Right after finishing this CD Dalaras will go on fixing the CD with Bregovic. Its supposed to be finished in summer. This CD will be available also in Europe (one of the reason Dalaras went to Universal, the distributation within Europe).

And the best news from this interview (at least for me :music: ) Bregovic and Dalaras will do some concerts together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In Greece and in Europe.

Apropos concerts:

Next date is the 1st and 2nd of June in Megaro Mousikis Athens, the dedication for Lefteris Papadopoulos.

The 30th of September there will be a Dalaras concert in Irodion, one newspaper told about the participation of Lydia Koniordou and Giorgos Kimoulis. But thats all we know at the moment.

With the announcement of Megaros programme 2006-2007 we learned about a concert of Dalaras in May 2007: the history of rembetiko.

What else? There are rumours about another try in June to do the Antonis Vardis concert (which should have happened the 20th of March, but was cancelled the last minute), about Mesogeios in Saloniki this year in June, the 14th and 15th ?? and before in Athens the 7th of June?? but no details yet.

And the best news from this interview (at least for me  :music: ) Bregovic and Dalaras will do some concerts together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In Greece and in Europe.

It has become an annual event for Bregovic to give a concert in Istanbul every summer.

Maybe this year he won't be alone on stage???

S Gursu :razz:

;) Sorry for being this late with an update

So, whats going on?

The first Dalaras CD with the new Label Universal Erima Choria is in the stores now, f.e. here: http://www.musical.gr/cddetails.scr?gui_la...e=0602517000803

All those who like the Balcan music will enjoy very much :)B)

The next concert date:

Dulce Pontes with Giorgos Dalaras at Megaro Thessaloniki

Ps. In the last interview Dalaras did in Sky Radio the 04.06.2006 he told about doing concerts next winter!!! :)

The 30th of September there will be a Dalaras concert in Irodion, one newspaper told about the participation of Lydia Koniordou and Giorgos Kimoulis. But thats all we know at the moment.

B) If I got it right from some postings at "past concert impression, Theatro Vrachon" it's NOT for sure if the performance of Dalaras will take place at Irodion.

Maybe one of the members who knows more can tell ...

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead