Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Antometrios

Dalaras albums ... on CD:

5 posts in this topic

I can't help but notice that very few Dalaras albums are available to fans like myself who don't speak Greek and have to rely on certain English-language websites. I know that this great singer has produced many great albums, but the pickings seem slim and limited to recent releases. Is this because the earlier works have not been reissued in CD format? I wonder....

I'd love to buy Thelo Na Ta Po, for example, so that I can hear the songs meant to accompany "Harakopou 1942-1953" ... but where on earth is it? I don't own a record-player! I don't even remember what the proper name for a record-player is; I need CDs! :)

u can find THELW NA TA PW on cd

I asked my Greek teacher for it and she brought it from Greece (it costs 12:00 eu)

i can't think on Dalaras's album that has not been reissued in CD format

btw,u can find Harakopou 1942-1953 in the collection "TA XROMATA TOU XRONOU 2" and in "TA TRAGOUDIA MOU" (live and excellent performance)

i hope i helped a bit

:)

Antometrios, your problem is not that the cd's don't exist - it is the fact that you have to rely on english-language web-shops, whose offer is very limited. I don't think any of Dalaras' albums (I mean full-size ones, not singles) have not been released on CD.

So, either learn (a little) Greek or go to Greece and plunder Metropolis - or, preferably, both.

Before cd's existed, a record was called a record (but it meant a disc-shaped object made of vinyl, with grooves) and record-player was called a record-player (a device capable of spinning said records at 33 or 45 rpm, and running a needle in the groove to reproduce the sound, mechanically). The older term (from the earlier age of 78 rpm records) is "grammophone": grammophone record, grammophone player.

In some languages (notably Dutch and Greek) the record-player was also called "pick-up" (πικ-απ) - I don't know why.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0