Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geske

Heart's desire

71 posts in this topic

Am glad to see that we all have similar dreams, it's good to see that other people can understand how I feel.

I was just wondering what is Nikolas's dream...

Nikola would you like to share your dream with us?

This week's favourite song (let's say today's) is:

'I alli mou zoe'. Because sometimes, I just want to escape for a while ...

I'm busy translating it, but I do understand most of it.

Hope you all have a good and DRY weekend (she was saying from under her umbrella !)

Micki

What about Greece ?? Open air concerts ??

From harbor to harbor,

we'll sing and play music,

under the moonlight,

under the stars,

and there'll be a light breeze,

to let everybody hear,

and no matter how far we'll go,

or what we will do,

we have a band now,

our dream came true.

Good luck,

Micki

Chris, be careful which item of clothing you ask for.Some garments you dont want!!!

His personal photographer sounds like a great job....But "lets think" about this for a minute.If we really got a job working every day with Dalaras,say equipment guy,tour manager or photographer or whatever ,would we still be exited about him personally.Lets really think about it! I think part of the Dalaras mistique is the fact that we cannot be near him or communicate with him..If we had access to him daily,would we still be exited about him in a year ?..I know personally that having met Dalaras and having spent personal time with him,that i really enjoy the time between visits with him or the distance between our phone conversations..If i spoke to him every day ,would i still be exited about it??When he called me on my cell phone a few weeks ago, i was very exited and felt great. Would we really want total access to Dalaras on a daily basis...For me the answer is "NO"..It would be too comon and after a while i would get  used to it....I like it just the way it is,we communicate  once or twice a year...This is the best for me....Let me hear everone elses thoughts on this??

Saranti, I agree with you, most emphatically.

The other day, Henk and I talked on the phone arranging to go to Frankfurt (14 days to go!) and he mentionned it was to be his 6th Dalaras concert this year... and I said, it's my 3rd in my entire life... Which must have a different impact; not necessarily less, perhaps, but different.

I can't say I agree completely with Sarantiis.

As I said, my dream would be to be Dalaras's friend.

I think that what is special about Dalaras is his character and values so talking to him often would only have positive effects on us! :)

Aren't  there any issues you 'd like to discuss with him about? I believe that most people here would like to know Dalaras personally...

I think that we just take comfort in the idea that it is better not to have a close relationship to him, because its is almost impossible for most of us to have such a close relationship to him...

Sarantis

Your post makes perfect sense.

Although I don't know how I could totally agree with

that.

Say a fairy tale really did come true

and I was touring for Dalaras gigging for him on

keys;  at that point my dream not only is now reality

but I would have to face a new content

and that being to be involved with Dalaras day in

an day out or for as long as the tour lasted.

Maybe in regards with that, the former really would

apply.  Something I guess for me to consider

if miracles

really do happen.

Interesting how many of us have the dream of becoming friends with Dalaras and than choose for the magic of not knowing him that personally.

I have been thinking about it and I really don't know what to choose. The magic of not knowing him or knowing him on a regular basis ?? Or like you Sarantii ? That would be too torturing for me. When I don't hear from friends for too long, I get too worried and contact them myself. But what an honour to be contacted by him. I'll stick to the magic of not knowing him (yet !).

Besides, it wouldn't be very practical if he became friends, on a regular basis, with all of us.

Micki

I want to be in a room: Nikolas, Geeske, Micki, Anna, Sarantis, Chris, AnneMarie, Pavlos, Henk, Eleni, (I am really sorry for those I am forgetting), me, Giorgos and a guitar. No mics, no band. Just us.

We ask, he sings, he laughs, he comments on our choices. And that goes on. He doesn't get tired. He enjoys it more than we do. He improvises. He sings songs we would never imagine he would. And the night goes on, and next day. Kind of like a getaway weekend.

That used to be my dream. Now it's my second dream. Now, before that I want peace. Everywhere.

Christo, i can see where it would be a hard desission whether to know Dalaras a little or a lot..I have thought about it and i am well enough connected with Dalaras that i could contact Dalaras any time i want..If i wanted and tried enough i could get involved in a complete tour and go from city to city with him..I choose not to because i feel like too much exposure would change things....I may be wrong but this is how i feel..I have enough contact with Dalaras and he certainly knows me well,so i want to keep it that way..I dont ever want to loose that feling i got when he called me on my cell phone.I was like a little child and telling my wife "can you beleave Dalaras called me".That is very special that he would think of me while here in the states...Also, he and Anna have sent gifts to my home and i have sent him cards at Chrsitmas ,Easter,etc...

I think this is the best type of relationship rather than one where i see him face to face every day..That might take away some of the magic......

I think one of the main reasons Dalaras and i hit it off so well besides the fact that we both love music and guitars is that i never acted like a nervious fan from the first moment.I stayed calm and treated him like a freind..Although inside i was a nervious wreck and could not beleave that i was hanging out with Dalaras and him coming to my home,touring the city,etc..

On the cerface i was cool and calm,underneath i was freeking out and in disbeleaf..

That is the feeling i want to keep whenever i see or speak with Dalaras....

Because you both say what I think but not found the words for it. You impressed me.

Soc, a meeting with everybody of this club would be great. Really great ! If only for the distance ... but I thank evolution for internet and e-mail.

Stay on to your first dream ! Dreams like your second might help to achieve, who knows.

Sarantii, the way you describe how you felt like a child when Dalaras called you ??? Well, that's how I would have felt, that's how I feel now that I have two weeks of holidays, I'm going to Crete, every time something nice happens, and in Belgium a stripe of sunshine is enough to make me feel that way.

Micki (not so speechless after all)

Micki, the point i was trying to make was that ,even after knowing Dalaras and becoming freinds,i still get very exited every time we speak or communicate..Thats the feeling i never want to loose.If i were to see him on a daily basses or worked with him,then i fear that i would loose that feeling and it would become routine or normal...

Sarantiis you are the luckiest of all Dalaras club members! It is good to have someone who knows and talks to Dalaras here in this club. Maybe if you talk to him again you can tell him about this club!

Astron, i did speak to Dalaras about this web site.He is very aware of it and he does know of Nikola and the site..I dont think he follows it too often.I dont think he is an internet kind of guy...

Soc, I have to admit that your dream was amazing and I can imagine it too, just trying to think which songs I'd ask for.

We all have to keep on dreaming and if Sarantis likes it the way it is then fine, he's the lucky one who at least gets to talk to him sometimes, which is more than the rest of us can do!!!!!  

Astron,i dont want to bore everyone but since you asked here is the story of the first time i met Dalaras.I first met Dalaras when i went to see a concert(Dalaras /kouka) in Florida.I live in Atlanta many miles(8hours) away but called the promoter of the show for tickets.He was a very nice guy and i spoke on the phone with him for a while and i also told him that i would try and bring more people from Atlanta to the show.As it turns out i sold over 35 tickets for him and he was very apreaciative..So, we became freinds and would speak on the phone a few weeks before the concert..When i traveled to Florida for the show i stayed at the same hotel as Dalaras/Kouka..I of cource knew where Dalaras was staying from the promoter.The promoter told me that he was not revealing to anyone else where Dalaras was staying in fear of people crowding the hotel lobby.Anyway, as it winds up im on the same floor as Dalaras and one room next to Katerina Kouka..The very first time i spoke to Dalaras was in the hotel lobby where he was just leaving the restauant from breakfast..I introduced myself and we spoke for about  two minutes.He was in a hurry to get to the theatre to do a sound check....

Later that early afternoon i get a call from the promoter (who was already at the theatre) to my hotel room asking me to bring Katerina Kouka to the theatre for her sound check..I of course said yes and she called my room and we met up to go to the theatre.She was very nice and we spoke the whole way to the theatre about everything.....Once we got to the theatre about 3 hours before show time,Kouka and the promoter invited me and my wife and nephew to go backstage and have some food and drinks.I dont know if you all know this but there is always a big buffet spread of food and drinks backstage before a show...So, we got to go backstage and see the soundcheck meet the band ,Dalaras and hangout three hours before the show..Eventually Dalaras came thru after his soundcheck was done and we spoke again,signed autographs and signed a guitar that i had takin with me to have it autographed..We spoke some more about guitars ,music,etc. and he was off to finish getting ready for the show..We were the only fans allowed backstage and we got to see a rare view of how everything comes together before ashow.It was very interesting and like a dream..I could not beleave that i had met Dalaras and hung out backstage for three hours before the show....During teh concert Dalaras thanked the people of Florida,Tarpon Spring and then also the people from Atlanta...That was very nice of him to remeber us from Atlanta...So thats the story of teh first time we met....The second time we met was here in Atlanta .He was coming to town to do ashow and i had already met the promoter and had made myself part of the promotion and concert..My job was to help with then theatre,backstage and to handle Dalaras the whole time he was here..So, i spent two days with him.We became freinds and spent many hours together.We exchanged adresses,phone numbers etc..We still stay in contact now.....Thats the story.I hope i did not put anyone to sleep...

Well then ,theres more ,lots more,that was just the long version without all the great little details and conversations ...The details are the best!!! some other day though when i have more time though....gotta get back to work "unfortunatly"

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0