Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geske

Heart's desire

71 posts in this topic

This is my heart's desire as a Dalaras fan.

I would like to hear his voice *for real*, without microphone or sound system or anything in between.

Just that. The bare voice.

Your turn, folk. Bare your soul B)

That would indeed be great! Imagine just his voice...live in front of your eyes... But since he is a good musician as well I wouldn't mind if he was playing along his guitar or a bouzouki, as long as there would be no microphones and sound systems as you said.It would have been spectacular... Only in my dreams though this could ever happen... So I guess I'll dream on...

which is the reason for the saying:

"be careful what you wish for - because you might get it".

SPQR, Saranti, neither of you has revealed your own wish... too secret? too hard to know what it is? Perhaps I shouldn't have started this subject anyway.

Geeske,

I have heard his voice, no microphone in between, in front of me, talking to me and only me at that moment. Sometimes, what you wish for, comes true and it is good, so good and lovely, that you'd wish for it again and again ....

Micki

Geeska , now that i think about it ,i wish to someday play a song onstage during a concert with Dalaras.Both of us playing our guitars...How about that for a dream??

Well, I like the dream. It's a beautiful one.

But I didn't mean the question that way. I meant, the kind of desire that you DO have to be careful with, because it MIGHT come true.

I mean, in my dream, I have the voice of Χαρις Αλεξιου and I'm right up there on stage with him... oh yeah. But the witch will not come and offer me three wishes. Or even one.

So? Still wanting to go on stage, Saranti? Micki?

YES !! But not in your dream, in mine !! Hahaha.

And I think I would play the drums for a few songs, the accordeon for a few songs and also sing a few songs, but most of all, in my dreams I would be able to go every of his concerts. And guess who else would be therer? All of you of course. Wouldn't that be nice??

Micki

It would. It's a lovely dream. But dreaming is easy.

Try and answer the hard question, at least for yourself, if not aloud on the forum: what is, in the _real world_ , your heart's desire as a Dalaras fan?

OK !  It would be always a dream, whatever I wish for as a Dalaras-fan. Dreaming is easy but without dreams I wouldn't live much longer. And these kind of dreams are innocent if you know it's only a dream and nothing more. And wouldn't you like it to be in a concert with his fans, the ones that are on the forums now? That's a wish, not a dream. On these forums I finally meet people, with the same passion as mine.

Micki

I'm afraid my dream is too personal to reveal and one

that will probably never happen.  

I'm too shy to admit it publicly,

for some would

say its so riduculous.

But if your really curious in knowing,

I'll give you a clue:

It's very close to what Micki and Sarantiis

posted in their dreams to come real.

Well thanks for sharing that with me

maybe now I don't feel so stupid afterall.      

Christo,

I think I know which direction your dream goes. And if I were you, I wouldn't give up hope as you really are a musician, as well as Sarantiis. Others realized that kind of dream. Why wouldn't you?

And I bet Dalaras himself had the same dream when he started his career.

Good luck !

Micki

Well, I admire Dalaras not only as a musician, but as a person fighting for values such as freedom, justice and peace. I think that a dream is something that would be almost impossible to come true.

A friendship with Dalaras. That's my dream, To talk to him whenever I want, to call him, ask him his opinion about everything, and visit him often. There has been a great number of times where I thought "What would Dalaras think about that?"

Ofcourse, singing with Dalaras would be another great dream, but if you were a very good friend of Dalaras, it would be easy to sing or at least play with him.

Micki, yes! about going to a concert with other fans... YES! but you know what, for me, that's about to come true. I'm counting days until October 11.

And the other thing is much more... I don't know what to call it. Personal? Moving? Whatever.

As I said, these are very intimate questions to ask and I don't think anyone should answer them in public unless you want to! Though nobody is going to get laughed at, not in this place, we're all mad together.

And just because we are mad, maybe it is good for us to stop and think which part of our dreams can come true, and which we want to come true in real life.

And after that, dream on, dream on, it is SO good for us. We need our dreams more than ever these days.

Well lets see now

who was that said where do I begin

how do I count the ways, the steps, when to start and where to end?

Call it crazy, definately some maddness but surely a big hearts desire!

I never thought I'd be sharing this with you all,

but since Sarantis really wants me to tell

well I guess its time to come out of the closet sort of speak.

Very well

When you guys said you dreamed you could be right up there on stage singing and playing with Dalaras.

That hit straight home.  Talk about having exact similar dreams huh?

But mine probably goes further then that and wish I could play keys for him while he's on tour in the states, or Europe, Greece or wherever.

A very big fantasy being (that Dalaras requests the best and only the best in his group which is why he is the best)with probably no chance of reality.

Okay so now the Cats out of the bag as they say.

Intriging isn't it?

Maybe I have said too much.

I have stated my wish and now I have to go.

(Edited by Christo at 8:24 am on Sep. 19, 2001)

(Edited by Christo at 5:47 pm on Sep. 19, 2001)

Christo, now that wasn't so bad was it ?....Now we have a keyboard player(Christo),a guitarist(ME)..Now we need to finish this band !!!  we need an actual drummer,Bouzouki player,etc,etc....Lets see if we can put together a band with the members..This topic has takin a different turn!!! Sorry Geeska

I would say, let be sing as back vocal. But I don't think that would be on stage for long.

I could organise all your concerts of course. And of course I would have to come along on your tours, because WHO WILL LOOK AFTER YOU ALL, MAD PEOPLE?? hahaha,

Micki

I think my fantasy would be to sing with him on stage, but really I would like to be a friend with him and be able to talk him anytime.  that would be the best thing, so then I would be able to see him in all his concerts and even know when they were taking place in advance.   I could listen to him live every night, playing videos and CD's is really not the same, I don't know what you all think but the feeling is just not the same.

I really enjoy this topic... You all have great dreams. I would like to sing along with Dalaras or to be in his band along with you, but since I have a terrible voice and I know almost nothing about musical instruments I give up... But I DO want to FOLLOW you on your tours. Lets say I could be helping Micki looking after you (Micki please say yes!). I could do anything as long as I could be around him like cleaning the stadiums or the theatres, bringing the food etc.

Lets get serious though cause as I said I'm no good as far as music is concerned... My real dream as a Dalaras fan, the one I definately want to become true someday is... Well, I can't reveal it in public though Sarantis knows it (if not the whole dream, a great part of it).

Christo, your dream didn't make us laugh as you see. Astron and Lynne I especially liked your dreams cause they're similar to mine... Sarantis I'm not sure you have the right to dream. You have actually played with Dalaras, though not on stage. (just kidding) Everyone has the right to dream...

Anyway who knows? Maybe oneday our dreams will come true... But how many of us have tried or would really try to realise them?

SPQR, you may be right ,i probably have no right to have any more dreams concerning Dalaras but the problem is that im a dreamer and i will always continue to dream and dream big...I'll tell you my final dream.I have been writting(Greek)songs the last two years and have completed a few musically and lyracally...I hope to someday record these songs on a CD....I would like to give these songs to a well known Greek singer and musician(hint,hint)and hopefully have them appear on an album some day.....That would be the ultimate!!!  Yes ,i know it sounds crazy but so did the thought of having Dalaras over to my house and look what happened there.....              

SPQR,

Yes, of course you can help me (I make very tasty spagetti, just to inform you all).

I guess all of us would like to become friends with Dalaras, who wouldn't? He's such a nice person.

Sarantiis, hold on to your dream. I'm sure you will succeed one day. Could I have than a copy of your recordings too? PLEASE!

I'm glad to find other people here, dreaming too, sharing their dreams, or at least admit that they are dreamers (big dreamers, Sarantiis). Makes me feel a little 'normal' again... about my dream not directly as a Dalarasfan but connected to Greece it is.

Micki

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0