Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
petros_petrakis

Αξιον Εστί 1988-remasters

15 posts in this topic

Καλημέρα παιδιά. :D Πληροφορήθηκα από δελτίο ενημέρωσης τύπου της Minos, που βρέθηκε τυχαία στα χέρια μου (πριν από αρκετό καιρό είναι η αλήθεια) για την επανέκδοση του "’ξιον Εστί" με τον "θείο", στο πλαίσιο των επανεκδόσεων της Minos. Η κυκλοφορία του εν λόγω δίσκου ανταποκρίνεται-σύμφωνα με την εταιρία-στα δεδομένα των "remasters" (δεν θα αναφερθώ σε τεχνικές λεπτομέριες) κ είχε προγραμματιστεί για τον Νοέμβριο του 2004. Δεν το έχω πετύχει όμως πουθενα ακόμη...

Aπ'όσο ξέρω η συγκεκριμένη επανέκδοση δεν έχει βγει ακόμα στην αγορά.Στη συγκεκριμένη σειρά επανεκδόσεων των έργων του ΜΙΚΗ έχουν βγεί (όσον αφορά τα έργα που έχει κάνει με τον ΝΤΑΛΑΡΑ) τα 18 ΛΙΑΝΟΤΡΑΓΟΥΔΑ και το ΡΑΝΤΑΡ.

Όντως, έχει αργήσει... (Αν κ έχω στην κατοχή μου την 1η έκδοση)

Σε ότι αφορά τις άλλες επανεκδόσεις, τις έχω ήδη τιμήσει Θαναση! :D:(

What, what, what? I just got Axion Esti three days ago for my birthday! Now they are coming out with a remastered edition? Ach!

Is that what's happening?

Not yet.

When Minos (Dalaras' record company for 35+ years) announced that they would start releasing remastered editions of some of the very very records, and they did _say_ that they would do Aksion esti among them - but so far, they have not.

Btw, I think that of all the Greek records I own, Aksion Esti might arguably be the one which loses most when one doesn't understand the poetry. There is more than plenty left - which goes to give you the mesure of what you lose..... And «««understand»»» ought to be in quotation marks because it's inadequate: one understands an explanation or an equation or a joke - but for Elytis something else is wanted.

Good listening.

:)

Geske I never thought of that but you might be right,

It's been a while since I have heard the cd so I can't remember the poety. Actually, I use to skip those tracks and just play the ones with Dalaras singing the rest like

"ΕΝΑ ΤΟ ΧΕΛΙΔΟΝΙi" and "ΤΗΣ ΔΙΚΑΙΟΣΥΝΗΣ ΗΛΙΕ ΝΟΗΤΕ" etc.,

:blink:

Another cd arguable to be hard to intrepret (Again from the works of Theodorakis) is that from the " ΤΑ 18 ΛΙΑΝΟΤΡΑΓΟΥΔΑ ΤΗΣ ΠΙΚΡΗΣ ΠΑΤΡΙΔΑΣ"

Some of these tracks were hard to follow

anyone else share this philosophy?

Are they remastering all the albums? Should I stop collecting them and save my money for the remastered versions? Ach! Oh, this reminds me that I must respond, Geske, to your message from weeks ago....

About the poetry, though ... I was thinking as I watched the Axion Esti concert that I would definitely appreciate it much more if I understood the lyrics. The music was clearly only one part of the picture, I felt. The songs sounded so triumphant--in particular Tis Agapis Aimata and Anoigo To Stoma Mou ... and I was very, very curious.

I'm also very curious about Sergiani Ston Kosmo, which I got for my birthday. I know the translations are posted here, so I'm now going to find them....

Κυκλοφόρησε στη σειρά REMASTERS των cd του Μ.ΘΕΟΔΩΡΑΚΗ το ΑΞΙΟΝ ΕΣΤΙ από τη συναυλία με τον Γ.ΝΤΑΛΑΡΑ στο ΗΡΩΔΕΙΟ.

(Από το www.musical.gr)

Ποίηση: Οδυσσέας Ελύτης. Solist: Γιώργος Νταλάρας, Ανδρέας Κουλουμπής, Νικήτας Τσακίρογλου. Συμμετέχει η Αθηναϊκή Συμφωνική Ορχήστρα, η Μικρή Λαϊκή Ορχήστρα και το Αθηναϊκό Χορωδιακό Σύνολο υπό τη διεύθυνση της Ελλης Νικολαίδη.

Εχει γίνει ειδική ηχητική επεξεργασία. Υπάρχουν κείμενα στην Ελληνική και στην Αγγλική γλώσσα, όλοι οι στίχοι, βιογραφικά, κείμενα του ίδιου του Μίκη Θεοδωράκη για την εποχή και την κυκλοφορία.

Κυκλοφόρησε στη σειρά REMASTERS των cd του Μ.ΘΕΟΔΩΡΑΚΗ το ΑΞΙΟΝ ΕΣΤΙ από τη συναυλία με τον Γ.ΝΤΑΛΑΡΑ στο ΗΡΩΔΕΙΟ.

(Από το www.musical.gr)

Ποίηση: Οδυσσέας Ελύτης. Solist: Γιώργος Νταλάρας, Ανδρέας Κουλουμπής, Νικήτας Τσακίρογλου. Συμμετέχει η Αθηναϊκή Συμφωνική Ορχήστρα, η Μικρή Λαϊκή Ορχήστρα και το Αθηναϊκό Χορωδιακό Σύνολο υπό τη διεύθυνση της Ελλης Νικολαίδη.

Εχει γίνει ειδική ηχητική επεξεργασία. Υπάρχουν κείμενα στην Ελληνική και στην Αγγλική γλώσσα, όλοι οι στίχοι, βιογραφικά, κείμενα του ίδιου του Μίκη Θεοδωράκη για την εποχή και την κυκλοφορία.

Released, in the REMASTERS series of Mikis Theodorakis, the "Aksion Esti" from the concert at Irodeio with Giorgos Dalaras.

(From www.musical.gr)

Poetry: Odysseas Elytis. Soloists: Giorgos Dalaras, Andreas Kouloumpis, Nikitas Tskiroglou.

With: "Athinaiki Symfoniki Orchistra", Mikri Laiki Orxistra", "Athinaiko Chorodiako Synolo" under the direction of Elli Nikolaidi.

The sound has been specially remastered. There are articles in Greek and in English, the full text, biografical notices, articles by Mikis Theodorakis himself about the times [when it was first recorded] and the release.

Το πήρε κανείς να μας πει αν παρατηρεί διαφορά στον ήχο; Γιατί ο ήχος στο πρώτο ήταν αρκετά κακός.

Πήρα προχτές το Remaster και ο ήχος δεν έχει καμία σχέση με την πρώτη έκδοση.Είναι αισθητά βελτιωμένος και φαίνεται πως έγινε πολύ καλή δουλειά.

Υπάρχει και booklet (ένθετο βιβλιαράκι) με επιπλέον πληροφορίες.

Το συνιστώ ενεπιφύλακτα!

Υπάρχει και booklet (ένθετο βιβλιαράκι) με επιπλέον πληροφορίες.

Ελληνικά μόνο, ή και μεταφρασμένες;

Μεταφρασμένες είναι οι πληροφορίες για το έργο, και τα βιογραφικά του Θεοδωράκη και του Ελύτη, όχι όμως και η ποίηση του Οδυσσέα Ελύτη.

For those who don't read Greek: in the posts above Makis warmly recommends the remastered version of Aksion Esti, which, according to him, has spectacularly better sound quality that the original release (I haven't heard the record yet but I can tell you that Makis has good ears...).

He also says that the info in the booklet (see earlier posts) is in english as well as in Greek - the only bit they did not translate is Elytis' poetry, and honestly, I can't blame them!!! Anyway the poem has been published in translation (as a book, I mean) in all major and many minor languages.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0