Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soc

Dalaras and Malamas

11 posts in this topic

Here is question for everybody. I was listening to Radio Thessaloniki last night. They played the song "Ιπτάμενο χαλί", in a totally new version. Just voice (Dalaras) and guitar. After the song was done the guy said that Sokratis Malamas was playing the guitar. He referred to it as a "new version" of the song. So, my question is if you are aware of any work of Dalaras and Malamas together that is coming up, or where that song was from. Your prompt response will be very helpful.

Answering my own questions. They played the song again today on Melodia. It is indeed a new version of Iptameno Xali, where Sokratis Malamas plays the guitar and Dalaras sings. It will never be on a cd, they recorded it only for the radio stations.

However, it smells like future colaboration, which has been a dream for me in the last five years.

soc I hope and believe you are right

I will try to grab this song from the radio in the next couple of days. There are some songs of Malamas that I think would get a new dimension with Dalaras' voice. In fact I wanted to add some of his songs in the topic of which songs we want him to say. Let's wait and see...

I expect a surprise appearanca of them together in Zygos. Maybe I am too optimistic.

And SPQR, I knew and forgot to tell you about that song. It's true. Written by Malamas and performed by him (I have it somewhere, if I find it I will send it to you), and also by Lidakis.

Since the time soc recommended Malamas and I listened to more and more of his songs I couldn't help wondering why they didn't figure in Dalaras' repertoire. I couldn't imagine their exceptional quality  had escaped his attention. And now this exciting news !!!

Maybe we just have to wish for something very, very, very hard.and Dalaras will do it!

(Soc, tu as raison, l'avenir de la chanson grecque est en bonnes mains !)

Annemarie

Dalaras didn't actually suddenly discover Malamas. He is performing some of his songs live for years!

Im not sure where this post goes in

but what I can tell you is this:

First allow me to say thank you posting the include mp3 file in the club

(and Forgive me I forget the person's name as to give reference too who posted it for us to download and hear it) (  had I remembered his/ner hame I would certainly give them credit).

but thank you again

anyhow,

as I was saying, upon hearing the Mp3 version dowloaded off the Radio.

it was really good and different hearing Dalaras singing it live in the Radio station with just a guitar.

BUt

that justs it

cuz

it really sounds totally different then the studio recording.

I'm use to hearing all the effects put on each layer of the individual tracks, over dubbed on the instruments and voice overs.

So hearing Dalaras singing it dry on the radio

as compared to the cd version

well

thats all I heard was his voice and the guitar sounding a bit too

DRY!!!!

I know it was good

but my tastes are  IT NEEDS Effects

:D  

Yuck, but I don't care for the dry sound that much

anyway thats jsut my opinion  

and  

no one else here has to agree with me if they dont want to

;)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0