Kostas

To how many Dalaras concerts have you been??

44 posts in this topic

Yes it seem sthat the guitar is like a baby blanket for him,it makes him more confident and he is just used to having one in front of him so he can play along.When hr does not have the guitar he just seems to fiddle with microphone and look around at the band.....This was the first thing i noticed while watching the show at Saratoga,New York on video....

I think the other thing about being nervous while playing with a large orchestra,there is not much practice time with the orchestra..I know when i had a conversation with Georgo about this one time,he told me that they send out the sheet music to the orchestra weeks ahead and they learn the songs on there own.Dalaras only arrives a couple days before tehs how and they only get to practice once maybe twice...It usually turns out great as all these musicians are proffesionals and as long as they have the music in front of them they can play anything...I think Dalaras might be uneasy because it is out of his hands and control once the show starts.He can control his band but he has no control of 50 orchestra membes.......

Sarantis , you've made indeed a good point. And since , as we all know, Dalaras is always very concerned about the outcome and wan't everything to be perfect, not being able to do reheasals is logical to generate anxiety to him... And from my little experiance I agree that he seems lost without his guitar and I personally prefer him when he hold it. He is much more confident though I do like him and without it. His voice remains great! Thanks for the tips about the photos, guys.

:wow: Dear Nikolas, agapite file,

the original recording of this work was made by Mikis, Farandouri and Pandis, not by Dalaras. George Dalaras' recording was made after and was released in Greece in 1974 after the fall of the dictatorship. Farandouri's record had been made and released in France many months before that (I had bought it here in France, and then, when I went to Greece for the first time in my life, I bought Dalaras' record because I thought it was much better than the first one). Believe me Nikolas: I am not Greek, but I know a tremendous lot about Greek music, as it is my whole life. I will be very happy to learn a lot more, of course. Please, feel free to write any time. Francois, o palios kai pistos latris tis kalis kai afthendikis ellinikis mousikis.

So,

you mean that the whole album as recorded with Dalaras and Vissi had come out before 1974 and the 18 Λιανοτράγοyδα της Πικρής Πατρίδας is the second version, or that some songs of the later were included in a previous job of Theodorakis? And if the first is true, what was the title of the original album?

Thanks in advance, and I think we should return to the right thread

I have been 4 times in concerts,3 times in Thessaloniki (Palais de Sport,Theatre of Gi 2 times,with the Ossipov orchestra and this year ) and 1 time at the tribute to Tsitsanis concerts in Megaron of Music,Athens...Also have attended the 2001 show at Fix in Thessaloniki..

John

I have been to his European tour 1998 in Rotterdam,

to his European tour 2001 in Den Haag and Dusseldorf,

in october 2001 in Frankfurt and finally in november 2001 in Amsterdam.

Yes, 2001 was a very good year

:):D :lol:

Why so often?????? it can´t be often enough :)

Has he ever sung in Spain ? Has he planned to sing in Spain in the near future ?

Nick

Check out the link Nikolas has in the discography section.

I'm not certain but Dalaras may have toured there in the 80's.

Here is the link

dalaras.com/diskoi

P.S. this is my frist attempt in posting a link on here

so if it's broken,

Me Sehorite

may others give their input as to how correct this

Gracias

:)

Hi Marian

when getting ready to send the link

just click above the white box you type in to the tool bar above it

and select the button that reads the hypetext protocol send message

In other words,

It's the button with the blue letters that reads http://

and then input or enter the domain name.

I found that best thing to do if its a real long one as in this case it sure was is to copy and paste it in there

Thats exactly how I did it

hope this helps

:huh:

The Olympia has 2000 seats.

It's not difficult to find tickets in France, as all concerts in such places are always known in advance. You can buy your tickets from any web site specialized in selling tickets for concerts.

all the big names go there, like Johnny Halliday etc.  :)

"Big name", that one, but unable to sing properly.

Yes, our "traditional" theatres are not very big. For example, I'll attend a Mouskouri concert on Tuesday in Lille (not for her voice which has become so bad, but for the party organized by the Greek Community here), and the theatre has only 900 seats. :music:

I don't really know, Melissa. I have never been to a Dalaras concert in France. I've "only" seen him in Greece (about a dozen times) and once in Belgium.

In France, you always have someone speaking French to introduce the singer or the songs during Greek concerts (This is what I have noticed each time I went to a Greek concert here*). If the singer can speak French, he or she does it h(im)(her)self. For example, Farantouri lets someone do it for the first part, then, she introduces the songs herself during the second part.

*In France, I attended concerts by Theodorakis, Mouskouri (only once entirely in Greek), Alexiou, Galani, Farantouri, and quite a lot of "dimotikes vradies" with very nice bands. I also went quite a lot of times to the night club in which Bellou used to sing when she'd come to Paris (she loved to, indeed, and always travelled from Greece by car !!! :D She mistrusted planes and boats). In Belgium, I saw Dalaras once, and Bellou too (in a concert this time).

:music:;):rolleyes:

You are indeed very active with Greek culture! What is the reason you are so interested? (you don't need to reply if it is too personal)

Nothing "personal", Melissa... :) I have been interested in Greek music since I heard Mouskouri sing a Hadjidakis song in 1968. The rest came afterwards (first with Kazantzakis, then with Theodorakis & Bellou, and... ...Dalaras, more recently...).

I speak Greek, listen to Greek, write in Greek and read in Greek every day, and I have been doing so for a very long time... :D

Francois

A Greek in the heart, if not in the soul. Like me. :)

Not a Greek, nor a French, just a human being feeling well when he uses either Greek or French. :D

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead